Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i cant stand up to fight cuz of the fear im gonna get punched in the face. i just protect my head with hands and shake terribly in fear. i hate that. i feel bad about myself. what if i had a girlfriend in need and i would just chicken out.

i dont wanna be a coward.
    I'm 18 years old, living in the "ghetto zone" of my town, and I have never even fought, I am pretty sure any girl would prefer a guy that doesnt get beat up once in a while over a guy that does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I'm 18 years old, living in the "ghetto zone" of my town, and I have never even fought, I am pretty sure any girl would prefer a guy that doesnt get beat up once in a while over a guy that does.

Depends really around your age girls are still interested in 'cute' guys once you get a bit older they prefer manly men. In case it wasn't clear, having never been in a fight is NOT manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eklavya View Post
    You guys are missing the whole point. That statement is not meant to be derogatory or to call someone dumb. And how can the reverse be true? You would rather use your fists if you could use brains? That is a one line statement that says a lot. If you use your brains you can get out of trouble a winner without ever a scratch. I cannot point enough examples:

1. The Art of War teaches you that the best way to win a war is to not having to it fight it at all.
    2. All forms of martial arts teaches self control and to not instigate violence.
    3. Who will ever win? Brains or Brawl?
    4. Even the army, cops or negotiators or whoever opt for executive action as the last resort.
    5. I read a story in high school where a fat private investigator who could not even move fast was able to get an assassin equipped and trained to kill jump off the hotel window to his death just by tricking him.
    6. There are numerous examples in nature where a predator fails because the prey is smarter.

What kind of a problem are you faced with or will ever be faced with? You can't do anything about it but have a bloody bare knuckle fight?

If you're telling me there's no option but to trade punches then I have to ask you to use your brains.
    You clearly have never been to my middle school/prison(not mich difference though prison may treat the inmates better than we were). But yeah peaceful methods have their place as do violent methods.
    For example

Peaceful most problems and situations

Violence a classroom wide barroom brawl with chairs being thrown(yep my middle school right there).

So yeah i'd like to see anyone here remain civib when the entire classroom erupts into violence. Courseno one ever believes me and says i'm "an internet toughguy" but whatever that was a part of my life and nothing anyone says can change it.

Also i realize the extreme nature of my example however i jave first hand experience with both.

Oh and i should add that ALL of you're examples DO support fighting when needed.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2012-04-07 at 02:18 PM.

I practiced Karate for many, many years, and fought at a some-what competitive level trough the age of 16~19. I've taken my fair share of punches in the face and kicks to the head, and I can tell you that when the fight starts and the adrenaline starts pumping you almost don't feel pain at all, just convince yourself that you can do it and show confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Being hit in the face isn't as bad as you think it is. Trust me you should be much more worried about a swift kick to the balls. Now that hurts. I've been hit in the face before and gotten a decent bloody nose out of it but during a fight you will barely notice it. It only really started to hurt after I finished the fight.
    Yeah, a hit in the face hurts after your adrenaline subsides, but a kick in the balls knocks you out cold lol.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    Yeah, a hit in the face hurts after your adrenaline subsides, but a kick in the balls knocks you out cold lol.

As in literally? Cause the inly times i ever passed out wait make that time was whrn i got knocked down beaten by a samoan and then another guy came up. Didn't even pass out till they were both gone and if the ball pain is true for you i find it interesting since i once took a point blank soccer ball to the nads.

If you're unwilling or not able to put up a fight, then you're going to have to either learn to pick trouble out in its early stages and get out before it becomes an issue, or you're going to have to get good at dealing with it in alternative ways (i.e. talking it out, persuasion, etc.). There IS more to life than being a brawler, as mentioned, but sometimes that's the only way people understand.

I think the point is that if you're hit in the face, you don't notice it much until after everything's over, but you will notice a kick in the balls almost instantly.

Anyway, if you behave yourself properly, and don't do anything stupid, then you shouldn't have to worry about being hit in the face. Of course, there are places where this is extremely hard, and getting hit in the face does hurt a bit. But I think you'd be more confused than in pain, if you wouldn't worry so much about it. Then again, I haven't been hit in the face very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Eklavya View Post
    Those who can't use their brains, use their fists.
    Indeed, you have to pick fights you win.