Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raggard View Post
    The one thing I do think when people say know more roles is that the game doesn't really encourage it. For draft/ranked you need runes and since you only get 2 runes pages to start with, I would bet alot of people hitting ranked for the first time will only have 2 runes pages setup. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few only have 1. I can't imagine someone playing support with damage rune page would be that good, plus without a rune page I doubt a suitable talent page has been created either. Though of course it would be an easy way to force your choice be claiming to only have one rune/talent page setup.
    You can run multiple champs for multiple roles off one rune page. I run amumu, singed, cho'gath, Swain, and my supports off one page. That covers 4 roles in the game. My jungle page can easily be used for any AD carry and some top champs. I'm one of those people who got the third page free and that is for AP carries, even the ones that don't use mana. Also, mastery pages can be made and edited at champ select. It's not hard and I've done it plenty of times if I want an optimal build. The "I don't have a rune/mastery page" excuse just doesn't work, and if its true then why the fuck are you playing ranked?

How I deal with queues:

Firstly, I assume that everyone joining the game (both ally and enemy) are at my level of gaming experience.
    Secondly, since I am very good in anything except jungling which I for some reason can't handle, I don't have that much of a problem picking any of the 4 roles, and I also do love playing support.
    Thirdly, I am only playing solo queue and never queue with friends. I also hate people who duo queue because they very usually form a clique, listen only to what their friend on skype says, get distracted by them, and more often than not blow off our teamfights, to not mention the unending and completely unjustified defending they do. There is NOTHING WRONG with failing. Denying that you and/or your friend failed is bad. In the end, what duo queues achieve is having a usually bot lane cut of from the team playing their own game.

Now on champion selection. Playing mid is a hard role, if not the hardest for reasons that I want bother to analyse here. You MUST know what you are doing, aka having a complete understanding of what will go on in the stages of the early game between you and your mid opponent. As such, when I join I always say "<AP mid" when I feel I don't want to play any other role or "<AP mid/supp" if I feel like playing support too, since it's my 2nd (traditionally) more favourite role. If other people say that "mid", I ask them first what other roles they can fulfill. Depending on the answers given I will say to the team which role other than mid I'd like to play, always depending on what the other people call at start. I've been in many games where I write "<supp" at start and at the same time I get 3 more players wanting to play support.

But to answer to the OP: These people are incredibly bad, and they've obviously been carried by either friends or others. They will most likely suck very hard. The worst part is that you cannot do anything about it, since there is no action taken or a way to get some action going in order for the champion selection drama to start getting its straps tied up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    People are first pick and last pick for a reason.
    Indeed they are. They're usually the ones with the highest ELO, matchmaking/"internal" ELO, or most games played, or whatever the case may be. They have the burden of being responsible enough to make good choices with bans and first picks. Then I guess there's some people who want to hold the fact they're first pick over everyone else's head. HEE HEE I'M FIRST PICK SCREW YOU GUYS I DO WHAT I WANT. If that's the kind of fathead person you are - then indeed, suck it up and play another game. Team game is meant to be played as a team. Often times, some of your teammates are whiny kids that have to get their way or throw a snitfit. See Lamar Odom.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Deleted
    You know, i face this issue daily.

But what you want to ask yourself is-: Am i playing this ranked game because i feel like it, or because i want to gain ELO?
    If the later: Let him be mid. Sure, this doesn't work every time, as it worked out well for you. But generally, let people play what they are good at if they just deny to play anything else. If they really want a certain role, they are probably good at it, and forcing them to play a role they don't want to will make them play bad, as they will be angry, unfocused and more likely to fail and feed.
    Rule of thumb, but it works for me.

If you want to fight the power: Fuck him. Seriously. Fuck that guy. Sometimes i find myself doing this out of pure spite for the idiots who absolutely won't work with the team and thinks ranked queue is instapick/lock Blind pick aka PlayWhatTheFuckYouWantRetardMode (No offense.)
    I would've PICKED Ahri mid even i wasn't that good with her just to fucking piss him off.

Depends on my mood ^^ BUt really, don't use option #2 unless you're on a roll, it's often just a loss in elo .p

Deleted
    And that is why i avoid ranked and to a greater degree everything outside dominion lately.

Too many people want to play for just them and not the team, the number of times in blind pick when i have taken a support or tank i didnt want to really play because the team needed it is beyond count.

Lately though i've stopped caring and play whatever.