Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it doesnt look to bad ill wait till launch though

It'd be nice if I understand what the hell the game was. So far it looks like Minecraft with clothes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It'd be nice if I understand what the hell the game was. So far it looks like Minecraft with clothes.
    I think the game is a silly idea but if you actually take a minute to you know, read the text below the video on kickstarter then you'll find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    Most annoying gits ever to exist on the internet, and when the youtube partnership bubbles burst and people go elsewhere, hopefully they will get off their asses and get real jobs other then getting paid by adverts that are watched by 12 year olds
    I feel this way at times, but I have to admit they make me laugh my ass off at times too. I really REALLY liked their cata beta videos, some of their minecraft stuff was pretty funny too. But at times I'd like to smack em right in the face.

OT, Looks like it could be a great game, or it will be horrible. I can't see any middle ground. Looks like it's made for the fanboys, and they will squeal with delight i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I think the game is a silly idea but if you actually take a minute to you know, read the text below the video on kickstarter then you'll find out.
    Yeah I just read it. It is really just Minecraft with a bit more oompfh. But, most games really are just X game with a bit more oompfh.

Also I thought they had programmed/designed this game at first and for a while I had a bit more respect for them. It was disappointing to see that they're nothing more than celebrities for the project.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think it looks POTENTIALLY awesome. For pre-alpha footage you can kind of see what direction they are going for. To be honest Minecraft is awesome and all, but they refuse to put good user made mods into the game simply because they are user made, and there is no better way to say "Fuck you!" to your community than to treat them like you know better than they do what they want. Minecraft would have been 100x better if Notch hadn't had such a huge fucking ego, and listened to the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what ive heard, they actually had saved up money over a while to fund the game, but someone in the company ended up taking it and now they have to start all over (hence kickstarter rather than more expert game template)

honestly im glad that they didnt even care to take a break from their videos, they didnt let it go to their heads and say poor us

hope this game will be good when it comes out
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

15+ Year Old Account
    It's stupid because people are just throwing money around with these kickstarters right now. They need to take a step back and fund games they actually care about, not just fund whatever is thrown at them by the public. It's the same crap that got bad games, people just kept throwing money at companies
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I'm keeping an open mind. The models are a bit meh, but they've already said that some things are placeholder.
    If it's a platform in which you can create custom puzzle games and play/share them with friends, I'd be interested, as long as it's done well and isn't an almost identical substitute for minecraft. If it simply turns out as a cash cow with very limited gameplay, I'll turn around and walk away instantly.

I have to say I'm a fan of Yogscast particularly of their guild wars 2 footage but personally I don't like the concept of their game and shall not donate but I wish them the most success.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll judge it when I see a more polished version. I am kind of put off by this though. I just don't see Simon or Lewis being that well with designing a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think that the biggest issue this game has with it going forward is the same thing that is drawing attention to it. I personally find most of the stuff that Yogscast puts out entertaining, but I don't feel that it would somehow make me actually want to play this game.
    I think if they want to make a successful game that is HEAVILY Minecraft inspired they are on the right track with supporting the modding community by not only allowing them to use the game as a platform, but also by showcasing peoples work in the game itself.

This looks like one of those games that Burger King was selling a few years ago.

Dumbest Thread 2012

It looks like a skinned Minecraft to be totally honest. If I didn't know Yoggcast basically are a Let's Play of Minecraft 90% of the time, I'd confuse it for a Minecraft related joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    This looks like one of those games that Burger King was selling a few years ago.
    Yes, but this is in the pre-alpha funding announcement stage, not a released to the public stage. There is quite a ways to go with it obviously, but hopefully the game will get it's funding, because the concept seems interesting to me.

There's an absurd amount of drama that follows these two and they seem so ungrateful for it all. I haven't watched their videos since they started doing minecraft and I don't play minecraft, but every time I see a story about Yogscast it makes me think they are an addiction. Much like CBS and EA, they are a company who can get away with pretty much anything and people will still love their brand.

Sort of like when your crush in school had some attractive feature to her/him that you loved with all your heart. Everyone else saw that feature as ugly or annoying, but not you. You loved that part about them. They could make a sitcom about Rob Schneider or destroy your favorite video game company and you'd still watch Big Bang Theory and buy the next game. They have no reason to care if people keep buying/watching their stuff so they keep not caring until eventually another company steps in offering a solution to all the problems so in a few years they can do the same thing to you. Yogscast made some pretty neat videos and were wacky and zany a few years ago. They've lost that model and became a company driven by money(Which is fine), but they lost their identity.

I don't want them to not succeed at what they love to do that'd make me a bad person. I just wish they remembered what got them there and realized how lucky they were to be in the situation they were in. Two best friends playing a video game for a job is something 99% of the internet would kill for and they achieved it with flourishing success. For their sake I hope whoever swoops in next as the new innovative content creator treats them the way they should have treated others to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    It's stupid because people are just throwing money around with these kickstarters right now. They need to take a step back and fund games they actually care about, not just fund whatever is thrown at them by the public. It's the same crap that got bad games, people just kept throwing money at companies
    I agree somewhat, but I like how kickstarter can give rise to the decent projects that never massed enough funding.

Better shit on kickstarter tbh
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's over. Gaming is finished.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2012-04-07 at 06:58 AM.