Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Xenoblade Chronicles.

So as i only bought my wii this week,This recently caught my eye and it should be coming tomorrow for me. I noticed that it comes out today for US(6/04/12) and wondered has anyone picked it up.

Review is here:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/118/1187845p1.html

I'm incredibly excited for it. As soon as I have the money for it, I'm definitely buying it.

Today...

Crap, completely forgot about it...I am interested though.

It makes me wish I had a Wii. Maybe someday if I can find one for real cheap I can give this a try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'm incredibly excited for it. As soon as I have the money for it, I'm definitely buying it.
    For some reason I knew you would be haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    The battle music alone makes me cry. It's very good. Also they didn't redub the game so it has british vas still.

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    For some reason I knew you would be haha.
    I love all JRPGs

Especially ones with a great plot like I've heard so much about Xenoblade for. Not like Square's making understandable plots in FF anymore :/

I'd love for this game to do well and get a sequel on the WiiU, to really prove that Nintendo's consoles (and not just handhelds) are great for JRPGs again.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    The battle music alone makes me cry. It's very good. Also they didn't redub the game so it has british vas still.
    Thank God. So much more unique than plain American English would be.

Deleted
    So this did come on Saturday but with stuff going only today have I had a good play with it...

The first thing that immediately stands out is why this is just on Wii,It has no motion controls whatsoever and it's not bad for it,it just makes it hard to understand why they wouldn't put it on Xbox360 and PS3 and make a lot more money for it.

The battle system is immense. Uses of arts and skills is not exactly unique but using them in real time with cooldowns is very tactical and makes for a few hairy battles when waiting for a heal to cooldown.Pretty much every monster has loot. It can get confusing knowing which you can use for upgrading/creating and which is just useless and sellable for money.

The voice acting is surprisingly good for a JRPG and emotions come through clearly without any of the normal exaggeration found in JRPG's (FFXII?).You do find yourself caring for them even as soon as you first meet them and it helps teasing you to see more of the story.

At first look the game world is massive and as I said above with the items i can see a lot of the time being trying to find that one item to upgrade a weapon or armour and this is the stuff that myself love.

Anyone who loves a good JRPG will love it and even for people who have not tried a JRPG yet it's a cracking game to start on.

I was interested in this, but I read that this was a lot like FFXII, in other words an MMO minus the MMO with a rather weak story and a lot of grind.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    The story is weak at the beginning but does pick up after about 1 1/2 -2hrs in. The optional quests are quite general if im honest and would seem familiar to a mmo player.The grind is optional along with every side quest,you would be missing a lot of great gameplay if you did though.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

The first thing that immediately stands out is why this is just on Wii,It has no motion controls whatsoever and it's not bad for it,it just makes it hard to understand why they wouldn't put it on Xbox360 and PS3 and make a lot more money for it.
    simple Reason why Wii only...MonolithSoft, the Maker of this game.....is OWNED by Nintendo, Nintendo does not release games on the 360 or ps3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lenardo View Post
    simple Reason why Wii only...MonolithSoft, the Maker of this game.....is OWNED by Nintendo, Nintendo does not release games on the 360 or ps3.
    That's a bloody good reason thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lenardo View Post
    You can thank namco for that, the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted View Post
    You
    Have
    Got
    That
    Right
    The story is weak at the beginning but does pick up after about 1 1/2 -2hrs in. The optional quests are quite general if im honest and would seem familiar to a mmo player.The grind is optional along with every side quest,you would be missing a lot of great gameplay if you did though.
    The story gets even better when you're around 45-50 hours in. At that point there's plot twists left, right and center and, without spoiling too much, plenty of things you thought would never happen actually do happen.

Another thing worth mentioning is the affinity system the game has between different NPCs. I didn't really do that many side-quests until New Game +, but once you start seeing massive networks of relationships between people, it does get addicting. New Game + in itself is a blessing, because you'll have a very hard time doing everything on your first playthrough if you're not using a guide.

Deleted
    Brilliant game imo

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I'd love for this game to do well and get a sequel on the WiiU, to really prove that Nintendo's consoles (and not just handhelds) are great for JRPGs again.
    pre-order charts look promising for NA.. they actually have more pre-orders than total copies sold in EU which had more sales than even Japan. I think it might also give nintendo the kick up the ass to bring more of these games to western markets faster.. well i at least hope thats the case.

Definitely wanting to try this one out once I have more free time on my hands... just one month left...

I can't possibly overstate how disappointed I am that this game is a Wii exclusive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I can't possibly overstate how disappointed I am that this game is a Wii exclusive.
    Its a first party title.. possible franchise. This is why we love nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    Its a first party title.. possible franchise. This is why we love nintendo.
    Not buying a console for a single game.