Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Just a note on transfers, if it's as easy as some claim how come you lose some quest and achievement progression in WoW when transfering/faction changing? Alway was curious why people didn't complain about that after paying for it.
    that's my point... you can't lose that in SWTOR as it's more vital to the game. people just pick on SWTOR because they can, when infact many other games have a 'broken' system and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Except with 1.7mill subscribers and growing (yes growing), I wouldn't consider this failure at all. I don't understand why people assumed that you needed 10mill subs just to be 'successful'.
    No, if you have 10 million subscribers, your called a liar and you are dying. 13 million subscribers is considered succesful (youre also still called a liar).

What swtor needs is a LFD tool. Id prefer one that is server only but by going by the success rate of actually finding a group on my server, it probably isnt good enough. I'd rather group with people bad mouthing me or being retards than not getting a group at all. I pay to play a game, not sit there looking for a group all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    So then every mmo is rushed? Again few if any games ship with that as a feature it usually comes out at some point after the release. I don't understand why swtor is singled out for this. In fact I don't understand why SWTOR is singled out for a ton of crap that other games get away with. It makes very little sense.
    For the most part, those games *don't* get away with it. How many successful MMOs are there? WoW is pretty much the only MMO that has managed to sustain a large subscriber base over several years.

Most MMOs either fizzle out in a year or two or tank immediately after launch. After that they either get shut down or they switch to life support mode where they no longer release major patches or new content and only a small hardcore fanbase continues playing. That's why server merges have such a bad reputation - people assume it means the game has gone on life support mode.

I don't see why "all those other games that weren't very successful didn't have X either" is a good defense of SWToR.

I'm going to add on this since it basically summed up what I wanted to say.

Remember cross account or even cross CHARACTER achievements? Yeah I don't either That is basically a dumbed down version of the Legacy system and WoW still hasn't managed to do that.
    Are we really comparing something like achievements (being able to see them on all characters) with features that would actually allow more people to play and enjoy the game they paid for? The grasping at straws is amazing...

Not to mention for games like WoW achievements were added later. Of course they are gonna have an easier time putting in things like legacy, because it was always part of their design.

Like you said EVERYONE knows how server pops go down after a launch, you guys make it sound like EVERYONE should know that, but then you talk about all the unseen hurdles associated with legacy and character transfer. If they hadn't planned for these things from the start (i.e. some foresight, therefor easier implementation) that would be a fault of BW, considering even savvy internet people like yourselves CLEARLY know of the population pitfalls, why didn't BW?
    Last edited by TanksBosses; 2012-04-09 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TanksBosses View Post
    Are we really comparing something like achievements (being able to see them on all characters) with features that would actually allow more people to play and enjoy the game they paid for? The grasping at straws is amazing...

Not to mention for games like WoW achievements were added later. Of course they are gonna have an easier time putting in things like legacy, because it was always part of their design.

Like you said EVERYONE knows how server pops go down after a launch, you guys make it sound like EVERYONE should know that, but then you talk about all the unseen hurdles associated with legacy and character transfer. If they hadn't planned for these things from the start (i.e. some foresight, therefor easier implementation) that would be a fault of BW, considering even savvy internet people like yourselves CLEARLY know of the population pitfalls, why didn't BW?
    I honestly don't understand a single thing you just said. I couldn't tell if you were defending Bioware or not until the very end. Again I will say that something as trivial as account bound achievements Blizzard still has YET to implement, and you're complaining that Bioware hasn't found a way to make Legacy transfer across servers AND move with characters that you transfer around not to mention name changes too. Yeah. The shear ignorance in your post just made all of your points even more moot than they already were.

I honestly don't understand a single thing you just said. I couldn't tell if you were defending Bioware or not until the very end. Again I will say that something as trivial as account bound achievements Blizzard still has YET to implement, and you're complaining that Bioware hasn't found a way to make Legacy transfer across servers AND move with characters that you transfer around not to mention name changes too.
    Name changes are already working, they just aren't available on demand. They "gave" me one after I made a character with a bit of an inappropriate name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    For the most part, those games *don't* get away with it. How many successful MMOs are there? WoW is pretty much the only MMO that has managed to sustain a large subscriber base over several years.

Most MMOs either fizzle out in a year or two or tank immediately after launch. After that they either get shut down or they switch to life support mode where they no longer release major patches or new content and only a small hardcore fanbase continues playing. That's why server merges have such a bad reputation - people assume it means the game has gone on life support mode.

I don't see why "all those other games that weren't very successful didn't have X either" is a good defense of SWToR.
    Rift and Aion say what's up.

Fun to watch how playerbase is starting to concentrate on the big servers by itself. BW stated they can do 100k players per server ... so let's merge the servers and keep 10-15 big ones.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Fun to watch how playerbase is starting to concentrate on the big servers by itself. BW stated they can do 100k players per server ... so let's merge the servers and keep 10-15 big ones.
    I say people just give Bioware a chance to do something. Its like people complain about it every other day because there are no major changes in that short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Im almost positive that if you play swtor you have at least 1 character on fatman or swiftsure at this point.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quit complaining and reroll on a crowded server. Simple!

Don't go whining because you were so short-sighted and followed your dumb-ass GM on to a server that would inevitably have no life on it within four months. You don't see the folks who patiently waited in queues at release complaining now.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Im almost positive that if you play swtor you have at least 1 character on fatman or swiftsure at this point.
    While there are certainly a lot of people on that server I am not among them. We have a good guild and do just fine and never have any problems finding people to do things if we need to. There is no doubt been a lot of people shift to that server and I feel its a bit silly but to each his own. What I find on my server is that while we have lost some population some of that is guilds testing the PTS. In addition, there is a large uptick in people in the lower lvl zones. It would seem that while some have moved on many others have either chose to not sit idle and bitch in trade chat like so many seem fond of doing and roll alts. We have also welcomed a number of new players into our guild from the free weekends. So it would seem that at least in part there is a new lvling group bringing up the rears. People can get all out of sorts and crowd one server but in the end its a new game and will sort itself out given time.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-04-09 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    Quit complaining and reroll on a crowded server. Simple!

Don't go whining because you were so short-sighted and followed your dumb-ass GM on to a server that would inevitably have no life on it within four months. You don't see the folks who patiently waited in queues at release complaining now.
    Umm, no. I rolled on one of the busiest servers, waited for hours in queues, and then the server completely died. There's pretty much only 2 servers per continent that arent dying by now - but there were dozens of servers with peak time queues at start.

I tried rerolling but really could not be bothered so I unsubbed along with just about everyone else that I know. This game is dying so fast that at this rate 1.2 will be the last content patch.

So what do you guys think is the best US server to reroll?

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    too many people got scared by queues early on and just spread out. a queue ? big deal is what I said.

better than nobody. personally I made sure the servers I was going to play on would be populated. some people willingly made on low pop.

I do think they should give transfers soon, but people should have been patient with servers.
    I call b/s on that. I rolled on a high pop server with queues and when I quit SWTOR it was already dying. I heard from my friend who still plays that it's a completely dead server now. Same on WoW, rolled on a highpop server and its completely dead, I migrated all my toons last year. It's hard to predict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, no. I rolled on one of the busiest servers, waited for hours in queues, and then the server completely died. There's pretty much only 2 servers per continent that arent dying by now - but there were dozens of servers with peak time queues at start.

I tried rerolling but really could not be bothered so I unsubbed along with just about everyone else that I know. This game is dying so fast that at this rate 1.2 will be the last content patch.
    Please leave these forums because you have nothing productive to add to the conversation. All of your generalized comments have absolutely ZERO backing to them. The game isn't 'dying'. Surprisingly they are STILL getting a population increase despite your 'knowledge' of something you actually don't have.

This game is going strong and the content they are adding justifies it. Please go away.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I call b/s on that. I rolled on a high pop server with queues and when I quit SWTOR it was already dying. I heard from my friend who still plays that it's a completely dead server now. Same on WoW, rolled on a highpop server and its completely dead, I migrated all my toons last year. It's hard to predict.
    No server in TOR is 'completely dead'. I am on a very low population server but we have an active community. Yes we don't have a bizarre amount of people running around fleet or spamming chat but we do have pretty great PvP groups rolling out against each other and tight knit progression guilds. Just because a server doesn't have a queue doesn't mean it is dead.

I am getting sick and tired of people making BS accusations against a game they don't even play.

10+ Year Old Account

That MUST be what it is. You and your small group leaving must have just killed the game. BW was going full steam till you and your friends and everyone you know leaving just really really hurt them so much man... How do I put this diplomatically? Your self importance knows no bounds and your opinion is not representative of fact or remotely close to fact. Servers should indeed be merged or transfers should be offered. That does not mean the game is dying. Everyone I know who play Rift or World of warcraft has long since unsubbed. Those games must be dying. See what I did there.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 10:34 PM ----------

I am getting sick and tired of people making BS accusations against a game they don't even play.
    Get used to it. Chicken littles will still be calling doom a year into star wars release.

10+ Year Old Account
    That MUST be what it is. You and your small group leaving must have just killed the game. BW was going full steam till you and your friends and everyone you know leaving just really really hurt them so much man... How do I put this diplomatically? Your self importance knows no bounds and your opinion is not representative of fact or remotely close to fact. Servers should indeed be merged or transfers should be offered. That does not mean the game is dying. Everyone I know who play Rift or World of warcraft has long since unsubbed. Those games must be dying. See what I did there.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 10:34 PM ----------

Get used to it. Chicken littles will still be calling doom a year into star wars release.
    Oh I am used to it. Its just annoying because these same exact people said it about WoW when EQ was the dominating force. People just like to cry wolf just to spark hate.

And ontop of that, I am sure that him and his 4 friends playing quit because it wasn't as awesome as their minds somehow portrayed it to be in the years of it being developed. Eh its whatever. I do agree servers should be merged but to say the game is failing because a few months into release their (how many?) servers aren't all full? Its about asinine to assume that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I am used to it. Its just annoying because these same exact people said it about WoW when EQ was the dominating force. People just like to cry wolf just to spark hate.

And ontop of that, I am sure that him and his 4 friends playing quit because it wasn't as awesome as their minds somehow portrayed it to be in the years of it being developed. Eh its whatever. I do agree servers should be merged but to say the game is failing because a few months into release their (how many?) servers aren't all full? Its about asinine to assume that.
    I started on a server in warcraft that went from medium/high to low in a relatively short amount of time. Azshara was a crap server in Vanilla and it's still crap server now. If I took my experience on Azshara as indicative of the games success or failure we wouldn't be having this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started on a server in warcraft that went from medium/high to low in a relatively short amount of time. Azshara was a crap server in Vanilla and it's still crap server now. If I took my experience on Azshara as indicative of the games success or failure we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Yeah I played on Terenas for a bit, and it went to shit. I moved to different servers but only with people that I played with for years. Honestly, the people I play with make my experience enjoyable. I'm on a bad server I suppose, but I play with some awesome people which makes MY experience awesome. Maybe people should just make friends? :P