Poll: Warwick or Bath for Electronic Engineering? (Postgraduate)

Deleted

Where to study Engineering?

I am going to UK to study Electronic Engineering. I am currently in a dilemma though. Where should I go? I have an offer from Bath University for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and another offer from Warwick University for Electronic Engineering.

Which one would you consider better in terms of:

1) Quality of Education

2) Quality of Life (how's the place etc)

3) Prestige (How will people (and employers) think of me after graduating from this university? etc)

Please give me your opinion!

Deleted
    Well, neither of those are prestigious, so choose the one closest to home.

Deleted
    I live in Greece, so it doesn't really make any difference. Also, Warwick was the third best university in UK according to guardian's university guide last year, and Bath was awarded as the best university of 2011. How are they not prestigious? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koukis View Post
    I live in Greece, so it doesn't really make any difference. Also, Warwick was the third best university in UK according to guardian's university guide last year, and Bath was awarded as the best university of 2011. How are they not prestigious? :P
    Prestigious would be Oxford or Cambridge, Bath or Warwick will not impress employers, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Prestigious would be Oxford or Cambridge, Bath or Warwick will not impress employers, sorry.
    Oh don't be mean. As long as your school is at LEAST mid range (which by the OPs ranks, they are above mid), you won't be denied by most companies (assuming you have good grades).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Oh don't be mean. As long as your school is at LEAST mid range (which by the OPs ranks, they are above mid), you won't be denied by most companies (assuming you have good grades).
    You'd be surprised how many people come out of Uni completely unable to get jobs. However, if you went to Cambridge or Oxford, you could order potential employers to fight to the death over you for your amusement. I sincerely doubt Cambridge or Oxford would sully their oh so sparkling reputation by dirtying their hands with the likes of Engineer students. The bunch of stuck up prats.

Either or, it's your choice in the end; I quite liked Warwick (The Town) when I was down there a couple of years back. But really, find out: Which is most affordable in terms of accommodation, food, etc and find out which course best suits your ambitions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I suppose you're right, but very few get to get there and sometimes it can even depend on luck. Concluding that I am doomed wherever else I go is not exactly the attitude I want to have going to these universities :P

University of North Texas. It's cheep!

apply to the one closest to you and then transfer over to a more prestigious uni mid-way if you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how it works in Britain, but in the U.S. the overall prestige of the school is irrelevant when considering an individual program. Some non-top tier schools may have an excellent program respected by people in the field.

Don't look at the overall prestige of a program, focus on how the Electrical Engineering program in particular ranks in that field. Furthermore, check up on how the program serves undergraduate students. Some universities have great grad programs but spend no resources on their undergrad program.

You should particularly zoom into just EE if you're going to grad school since you want to attend a school that balances great researchers and commended faculty that actually teaches undergrads.