Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.1 Headsets or High Quality Headsets

Well my g35 with its 2 year warranty finally broke, iv broken it a few times but cus of the warranty always got it replaced but sad enough it ran out last month. So im looking for a new very good quality / 7.1 headset. While i want the razer tiamat i dont have the time to wait months while they get thier stock in order since apparantly thats hard. Im wondering if any have owned the RAZER Megalodon, or any other high qualty headsets. Im looking for good base, surround sound and a decent mic and i use vent and VOIP alot. Not interested in Cheap headset that just work.

Get the Astro a40 Audio system, a very nice headset with full 7.1 dolby. This headset can also be used with the xbox and ps3

^ what many consider the best for gaming. Also consider a high quality stereo headset with good sound staging

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bought an Astro A40 a couple years ago, but almost never used it. It has a very flat/neutral frequency response which I suspect most people would hate. I also had issues with the mic sounding very robotic and being either too sensitive or not sensitive enough depending on distance from my mouth.

I just use Grado headphones and a desktop mic now, but when I did use headsets I always fell back on Plantronics units.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I bought an Astro A40 a couple years ago, but almost never used it. It has a very flat/neutral frequency response which I suspect most people would hate. I also had issues with the mic sounding very robotic and being either too sensitive or not sensitive enough depending on distance from my mouth.

I just use Grado headphones and a desktop mic now, but when I did use headsets I always fell back on Plantronics units.
    Yeh im reading alot of people not liking the astro, it being cheap not sounding good.

ATM im torn between

http://steelseries.com/products/audi...lseries-7h-usb

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169420200

Anyone here ever had or used either? would be cool to get some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yeh im reading alot of people not liking the astro, it being cheap not sounding good.

ATM im torn between

http://steelseries.com/products/audi...lseries-7h-usb

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169420200

Anyone here ever had or used either? would be cool to get some feedback.

Don't buy Astros if have decent sound card...hell I would stay away from them if you are any kinda audiophile...they are only good for consoles. I returned my A40s the 2nd day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulion View Post
    ^ what many consider the best for gaming.
    A40 is decent for gaming, but about $100 overpriced if you're interested in good sound quality and dont give a damn about console compatibility.

Sennheiser PC360 would be the best headset easily available at the moment, but dedicated headphones + mic will give even better results.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Iv been throuh quite a few headsets over the years and http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-367 have given me by far the best value for money, much more robust and cheaper than quite a few other products i have tried and comfy too

Deleted
    Headphones:
    Picking the correct pair of headphones for your needs and intentions isn't as easy as it might seem; below are suggestions that cater to gaming primarily. If you are looking for a more personal recommendation, feel free to create a new thread and ask.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Suggestion A:
    --------------------------------------------

---------------------------
    Samson SR850
    Semi-open, 32 ohm
    $54.99
    Suggestion B:

Audio Technica ATH-AD700
    Open-air, 32 ohm
    $106.99 - Review
    Suggestion C:

Beyerdynamic DT 880
    Semi-open, 32, 250 & 600 ohm
    $279.99

Headsets:
    Generally, headsets offer less sound quality for your money compared to headphones (which is why many choose to get a table/clip-on microphone together with a pair of quality headphones instead of a headset). If you are looking for a headset due to comfort reasons or simply because you prefer them you can find good suggestions below.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Suggestion A:

AKG GHS1
    Over-ear, foldable
    $78.99 - Review
    Suggestion B:

Sennheiser PC 360
    Open design
    $205.99 - Review
    Suggestion C:

Beyerdynamic MMX 300
    DT 770 (32 ohm) + mic
    $349.99

If you pick headphones (which would be my recommendation) get one of these as well:

Clip-on Microphone:

Zalman ZM-MIC1
    Clip-on Microphone
    $8.99
    Table Microphone:

Logitech 980186-0403
    USB Desktop Microphone
    $26.99

Been using a Megalodon for a year...will never buy anything but this forever...its that good

Marest is there a reason you dont suggest a steelseries or Razer headset? Iv also got a shit onboard sound card so im hoping to stick with USB.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tagging this. Looking to replace my Razer Piranhas.

zeta, its because they suck = \

Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    Been using a Megalodon for a year...will never buy anything but this forever...its that good
    Same here bought the Megalodon and haven't changed it ever since.

The only "gaming" headset I've personally tried and somewhat liked - are the Tritton AX Pro's and PC510's. (ax pro = digital optical, PC510= analog inputs) they both have rather amazing sound staging, which to me is very important for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulion View Post
    zeta, its because they suck = \
    And they look awful. Any razor products look hideous imo.

Steelseries is pretty good though.

Tritton AX 720....I can not say enough good things about this headset...sound is great...works for xbox and pc, multiple settings for movies/gaming/music...absolutely rock sturdy construction just feeling them in your hands you feel like they could take a direct hit from an atom bomb...i love these things..

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel2187 View Post
    Tritton AX 720....I can not say enough good things about this headset...sound is great...works for xbox and pc, multiple settings for movies/gaming/music...absolutely rock sturdy construction just feeling them in your hands you feel like they could take a direct hit from an atom bomb...i love these things..
    I was reading alot of these have Mic problems.

If you're not only gaming and you need high-quality sound in movies / anime / music, don't even think about getting brands like Razer / Logitech / SS. They are OK for gaming, but most of their price come from the 'cool' design and brand name. If you want good sound, get Beyerdynamics / Audio-Technica / Sennheiser.

Personally I consider Sennheiser PC 360 to be the best headset ever made. It's brilliant for music, movies and games.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    If you're not only gaming and you need high-quality sound in movies / anime / music, don't even think about getting brands like Razer / Logitech / SS. They are OK for gaming, but most of their price come from the 'cool' design and brand name. If you want good sound, get Beyerdynamics / Audio-Technica / Sennheiser.

Personally I consider Sennheiser PC 360 to be the best headset ever made. It's brilliant for music, movies and games.
    how is the suround sound quality, thats my real selling point, i love the quality with the g35, at least the suround sound mode and reall just want that in my next headset.