The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face New laptop - please help.

Hey everyone,

I am planning to buy a laptop sometime this spring/summer. The laptop is meant to be able to run the newest games, and I have also a budget that can handle such computers. I do have a few requirements.

I would like for it to have a minimum of the following:

15,4 (or is it ,6?)" screen (I would like not go up to a 17" laptop mainly because of mobility)
    1680x1050 resolution (would love to up to 1920x1080 resolution, but it is not a necessity)
    Intel i5 or i7 quad core processor
    320gb harddisk (I would like if it has more )
    4 hours of battery time (obviously not while playing games at high settings!)
    2+ years lifetime

I live in Denmark, and my budget is around 10.000 DKK (gladly less, but could go up by 1000 or so) (= roughly €1350)

I want to thank anyone who takes their time suggesting laptops and giving advice!
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

http://www.theverge.com/products/ideapad-y580/4604

This is a preview of the product, which isn't officially on the www.lenovo.com website yet, but is slated to come out in the next month or so. It can sport a 660m which isn't the best graphics mobile card, but if you change settings from 1080p to 900p or 720p you should be able to handle everything on ultra settings. I've been scouring all over and that's the best one I've seen so far since I like the sleek look on laptops (not lights flashing everywhere giving you a seizure). The other brand i would recommend is the sager ones at:

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...elected_cat=10

They are in the process of switching over to the new 6xx series graphics, so you would need to wait a month or so for those ones also. Good luck!

Deleted
    This might be a matter of opinon, but Sager doesn't qualify as a laptop manufacturer in my book. Yes they are powerfull, but also very big and heavy. Ideal for if you don't have room at home for a desktop system but not for carrying it around.

Edit: just did a quick check: Shipping costs for a Sager laptop to Denmark would cost $316 plus the $96 for the power adaptor(which will still need a localised powercord).

Would love to give some localised advice but simply can't read danish :P But basicly if you don't need one right now i would wait for an Ivy Bridge cpu laptop possibly with a 6xx series gpu like Julian suggested.
    Last edited by mmoc6a4ae92ba0; 2012-04-08 at 09:07 PM.