10+ Year Old Account

Talking Demonology vs Heroic Ragnaros!

Hey All!
    Sorry that this is old content, but I need your help!

This is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vatives/simple

I'll go over what I do. I use the usual rotation and pop my doomguard at the start of the fight. We burn him to the transition phase. Right before the transition phase, I hard cast my Felguard. I use my Felguard for Sons of Flame control, but i'm not doing enough damage to Sons of Flame. I've been using Immolate + Corruption + Incinerate Spam, but I don't seem to have enough time. Well, we're having troubles with that phase. For the times we made it through: Phase 2 I use my Felhunter (on the boss) and I shadowflame/hellfire the fire spawns, and then resume DPSing the boss. I don't need help with mechanics, but I need DPS advice for this boss. What did you guys do? What pets did you use and for what phases? How can I pump out more damage against the Sons of Flame (if it's possible)? Do you use the same glyphs as DS content? Any advice is great!

Thanks for your time,
    Derivatives
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Phase 1: Doomguard, rotation, pop felhunter.
    Transition 1: Pop felguard, and immediately send him into a "clump" of adds (use death grips to "engineer" this if you can) and felstorm them. Immolate/Corruption them. Shadow Bolt/Incinerate the high-health ones. You will suck compared to others unless you can AoE but you need to just do enough to kill them. This is not a DPS race.

Phase 2: Keep your felguard out. When the seeds come down, run away and put your felguard in the pile. When they explode use this macro:

/tar Molten Elemental
    /petattack
    /cast Felstorm

You can toss a couple of SoC's out or just run shadowflame when they get near then hellfire/immolate the stragglers

Transition 2: Same as transition 1. Your felguard was already out, so good deal.

Phase 3: Blow full CD's and burn. Your doomguard should be on CD which means you have the DPS needed to push 1 meteor (if you are having trouble and your doomguard is on CD, then save doomguard for this phase). Use Portal + Demon Leap to help with dances. Fel Flame to punt as needed.

Transition 3: Summon a felguard. Your CD's should be coming up soon.

Phase 4: Stack and burn (you can pet twist again on the next metamorphosis since you got that felguard), kite and punt (Fel Flame) as needed.

Good luck!

P.S. I used standard glyphs + spec for this. Granted, this is my strategy for pre-DS and some things (molten elementals) may not be as much an issue as beforehand. Nevertheless, this "classic demo warlock strat" is still effective, and does the job where it needs to be done.
    Adjustments such as not using the Felguard macro for molten elementals and just using felhunter can be made, but honestly, the gains are marginal (you will likely still need 2 seed spawns) and the add AoE really helps.

Since Ragnaros pushes phases based on % and not based on time, and since the berserk timer is mostly a non-issue, DPS in Phase 1 and Phase 2 really only help marginally, and mostly are based on "breakpoints" such as controlling the number of magma traps and seed spawns. Hence, "min-maxing" small amounts of DPS really loses a lot of its value here.
    Last edited by Inactivity; 2012-04-09 at 06:47 AM.

On top of what he just said. Depending on your raid group, we found it really nice to have our pallies (we had a prot and holy when content was relevant) cycle BoPs on our demo lock PRIOR to seeds dropping. This prevented the lock from being 1 of the 8 chosen to have an add hitting him, so he just popped meta and leapt into the middle of them and ran with his spinning felguard. The sons of flame need to be prioritized by other people. You dont really have too much burst to be super effective. You need to utilize stuns and maybe even have your pally's glyph for the aoe stun.

It really depends on your raid group, you should always go to the side with more adds (when there is one) send a dk with you to grip the closest back into the biggest grouping possible and just hellfire. your high burst classes/stun classes should focus the ones c

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks you two! I feel more confident now and i've learned a good bit too! =) I'll definitely use this advice.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!