Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Different keybinds per elvui profile?

Is this possible to do? I wanted to try out a new set of keybinds to allow for more, but don't want to have to re-bind everything just in case I need to go back to what I know. Is there an addon that can set keybinds on a per profile basis in elvui or anyway to add the functionality into elvui itself?

Although I run ElvUI, I do not use the action bars; as such the solution I have does not involve the in-game configuration.

My suggestion is to go to your World of Warcraft folder, and then Interface, then AddOns, find your ElvUI folder and copy it to a backup folder on your desktop.

Then jump in-game, play around with your keybinds and settings and if you like it; simply delete the folder on your desktop.

If you don't like the changes, delete ElvUI from your Addons folder, and copy the backed up files in from your desktop to return to your previous settings.

Hope this helps.
    -Vin-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tired that though. If I use the new folder it somehow reverts back to the old. Could that be something with the cvars saving to the server instead of locally or whatever?

Try out BindPad.
    Its a stand-alone Addon, I'm using it along with Duffed (modified Version of TukUI), just because of that.
    If you open it, after installing of course, by the command /bindpad ingame, you see on the top right corner the option "Character specific keybinds". This allows you, to choose differend keybindings among all of your chars.
    Just throw your spells, macros, items and whatsoever into the Bindpad GUI, bind them and you're done. You don't even have them into your Actionbar to use the spell/item etc.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Hmm, I've never actually played around with the ElvUI settings in multiple instances like you're intending.

If the settings are not saved in the AddOns folder, then you'll probably find them here:

World of Warcraft > WTF > [Account Name Here] > Saved Variables > ElvUI???.???

If not, then I'm out of ideas. As I mentioned, I don't use the ElvUI keybinds, so there may be something obvious that I'm missing.

Best of luck.
    -Vin-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried using BindPad, but is there no way to have the keybinds from it on the actionbar or no? That part I couldn't figure out. And it wouldn't let me add already done keybinds into it for some reason or does it not have that functionality?

I'll try the moving folders again Vin and see if it was maybe just a fluke the first few times I tried it.

I added this function to ElvUI a few versions ago but removed it until i can perfect a few things with it. Bindpad should work fine for now.