Deleted

Mouseover Macro Healing - Help Needed!

For the past few years in my career as a Healer I've been using Tools such as VuhDo or Healbot.

Now for the upcoming Beta I am aware I am unable to use Addons at the start, and while I will return to the use of VuhDo once Mists of Pandaria goes live, but I would like to know of any tools that could help me.

I'd like to know if there is any chance of using the default raid frames just as VuhDo & Healbot uses them. I assign (through macros & keybinds) mouse clicks to perform heals and abilties on the @Mouseover target.

Is this possible, and if so, how?

The short answer to your question is yes, and the basic macro would look like:

/cast [target=mouseover] insertspellnamehere

Bind that macro to a specific key, hover your mouse above the raid frame of the player you want to heal and press the keybind.

Ever since blizzard updated its raidframes I've stopped using healing addons and heal via mouseover macros. It's pretty much the same functionality. On live I only use Clique because its simpler than writing down all the mouseover macro's for each class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    The short answer to your question is yes, and the basic macro would look like:

/cast [target=mouseover] insertspellnamehere

Bind that macro to a specific key, hover your mouse above the raid frame of the player you want to heal and press the keybind.

Ever since blizzard updated its raidframes I've stopped using healing addons and heal via mouseover macros. It's pretty much the same functionality. On live I only use Clique because its simpler than writing down all the mouseover macro's for each class.
    I think you've misunderstood. I understand what it can do, but what I am wanting to do is to bind those macros to my Mouse keys, instead of say 1,2 or E or Q.

You can bind whichever key you want via the default key bindings interface. Just drag the macro you created on an action bar slot, and bind that slot to for example "Mouse Scroll down".

The only problem with this (without use of an addon) is that if you bind a heal for example to Right and/or Left mouse click (which by default is interaction/attack with NPCs players) those bindings will disappear and you will have to set new ones for those functions (I usually replace them with CTR+Right Click and CTR+Left Click).

I hope this answers your question and that I haven't missed the point

Deleted
    You can bind a mouseover macro to any key, so if you have 6 mouse buttons, you can assign 6 mouseover heals to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obikwan View Post
    You can bind whichever key you want via the default key bindings interface. Just drag the macro you created on an action bar slot, and bind that slot to for example "Mouse Scroll down".

The only problem with this (without use of an addon) is that if you bind a heal for example to Right and/or Left mouse click (which by default is interaction/attack with NPCs players) those bindings will disappear and you will have to set new ones for those functions (I usually replace them with CTR+Right Click and CTR+Left Click).

I hope this answers your question and that I haven't missed the point
    This is where I am getting confused. When trying to bind the Left or Right click, they're not letting me, it just assumes i'm trying to select that keybind to reassign it. Where can I choose to unassign the left & right click for their interaction roles?

Deleted
    "@mouseover macros" bound to mouse buttons don't work. Any mouse button binding will only work when the mouse click reaches the WorldFrame (at the very bottom of the UI frame strata list) - any frame intercepting it will prevent it from working. However, any unit frame that is an appropriate target for @mouseover to work needs to intercept mouse clicks. Thus, an add-on (such as Vuhdo/Clique/Healbot) or equivalent /run script is required that modifies the unit frames' SecureTemplate attributes so they themselves cast the spell when clicked.

Both addons and /run scripts are currently disabled on Beta as far as I'm aware, thus, no click-casting is possible (unless implemented into the default UI by Blizzard).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    "@mouseover macros" bound to mouse buttons don't work. Any mouse button binding will only work when the mouse click reaches the WorldFrame (at the very bottom of the UI frame strata list) - any frame intercepting it will prevent it from working. However, any unit frame that is an appropriate target for @mouseover to work needs to intercept mouse clicks. Thus, an add-on (such as Vuhdo/Clique/Healbot) or equivalent /run script is required that modifies the unit frames' SecureTemplate attributes so they themselves cast the spell when clicked.

Both addons and /run scripts are currently disabled on Beta as far as I'm aware, thus, no click-casting is possible (unless implemented into the default UI by Blizzard).
    Thanks for the information. I'll just have to wait it out until Addons are allowed on I guess.

Nevermind just read the rest of the post.

Deleted
    I can just suggest you to use the addon Click2Cast.
    It works with normal UnitFrames and you can bind everything (Macros, Spells, whatever) to every Mousebutton, also with modifiers.

For my healers I'm still using Vuhdo, however on every other class, like my DK, I'm using click2cast for combat resurrection for example.

Quote Originally Posted by cm2003 View Post
    I can just suggest you to use the addon Click2Cast.
    It works with normal UnitFrames and you can bind everything (Macros, Spells, whatever) to every Mousebutton, also with modifiers.

For my healers I'm still using Vuhdo, however on every other class, like my DK, I'm using click2cast for combat resurrection for example.
    You've missed the point entirely i'm afriad, he's well able to use addons but no addons are allowed on beta at the moment.
    A macro based solution using the built in macro tool was what he/she was after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Heres a mouseover macro I use on my healer alts, works perfectly fine and nothing can go wrong. Just swap Healing Wave to whichever spell you wanna use.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists][] Healing Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Monk Brewslee View Post
    Thanks for the information. I'll just have to wait it out until Addons are allowed on I guess.
    I did send a while on a healer and didn't bother with addons for it (I generally hate healing). To try and get a decent level of automation you could use something like:

/cast [target=mouseover, exists] healing spell; [target=focus, exists] healing spell; healing spell

I think that should work. Stick it on the keys and just get used to (for now) moving around and using the 1-4 keys for your heals. If you mouseover someone on the raid frame, they get the heal, if not it goes to your focus (usually the tank i'd guess) if you forget to set focus it will heal current target.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-04-09 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    @OP - I feel ya pain man, just tried to heal something on my druid in Beta, and oh my goodness...need something to bind to my mouse to make healing and reactions faster. feels like my worlds been turned upside down. its not fast enough. :<