Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bastion

buy bastion!!1!1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx3duFYCcho and this story was my favorite ever. Got an Incomplete in Chem 101 the semester FF7 came out came out.

Anything by Blizzard that isn't World of Warcraft.

Some other things: Deus Ex, Knights of the Old Republic, Assassins Creed, Crysis, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, and all the sequels to those games.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-10 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agathangalos View Post
    Assassins Creed, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Witcher, Bastion, Baiten Kaitos (to name but a few) all deserve mention.

Of course I cant not mention Katawa Shoujo. I mean if you don't like reading a lot of text and you don't like anime you'll hate it, but its very good. Plus its free. Who doesn't like free shit?
    I still need to finish Deus Ex: HR, got it for free with my video card about 5 months ago but never finished it the bit I did play was good though. I'd also have to agree with Katawa Shoujo, it's more of an interactive novel than a game but still a good one if you just want something to sit back and relax with. For KS I would say parts of it are NSFW though those scenes are optional(you can avoid some of them through the text options or completely disable them in the options menu).

As for my choices ME1/2(haven't played three yet), the complete Half-Life series(I don't normally get into the FPS story but Valve did amazing with HL), the Assassins Creed series(haven't played Brotherhood), Chronotrigger, and Earthbound/Mother series.

My entire view on games was changed forever when I played and beat Final Fantasy 6 at the age of 10.
    It moved me more than any movie I had ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Krip123 View Post
    -The Longest Journey games(both of them),
    This. The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are probably my favorite series ever. Funcom needs to hurry up and finish The Secret World so Ragnar can wrap the story up.

Kings Quest series
    Spycraft: The Great Game
    Clockwork Tower
    Metal Gear Solid

Planescape: Torment

10+ Year Old Account
    Front Mission 3, maybe because i'm playing it atm =)

Final Fantasy, Uncharted, and Fallout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of mentioning ones already mentioned (zomg Xenogears!) I'll name an underdog:

Brave Story: New Traveler (PSP)
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-04-10 at 02:17 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Runescape. It's actually got an incredibly in-depth story. Not to mention you can laugh at anybody who complains about grinding in Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Katawa Shoujo is definitely not a 'video game' in the traditional sense, but its still part of a fairly popular genre to which some extremely good games can claim membership. Of course they're pretty much all Japanese, of course. The game is definitely NSFW, but that's part of what makes it good to me. At the very least one of the routes was tasteful and cute about it, one was what you'd expect from horny teenagers, and the others were just hilarious.

Deus Ex was a great game as far as I'm concerned, although parts of it were kind of stupid. There isn't much replay value to me though, since at the end you're literally put in a room and asked to choose the ending you want and nothing you didn't in the game up to that point effects any of them, although it will influence the one you want to pick of course. You can just save the game in that room and see them one after the other, so its good you got it as a free bonus instead of paying full price for it.

FFX, FF7, FF6, FF8, FF9
    Chrono Trigger
    Parasite Eve
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Disgaea 1
    Illusion of Gaia
    Uncharted 2 and 3
    Mass Effect Series
    KoToR and SWTOR
    Warcraft 3
    Bastion
    Braid
    Lunar: Silver Star and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue
    Breath of Dragon 1-4
    Mario RPG
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-04-10 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Origins

Okami

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Traditionally, RPG games have to be up there : Chrono Trigger, FF7, Phantasy Star 2 & 3, Skies of Arcadia, and Earthbound of course

Non-RPG games : the original Ninja Gaiden series on NES, Strider

Special mention : MGS series, because its like watching a visualized DaVinci Code where they use (sometimes) real events/people/organizations and turn it into epic drama

Morrowind (best story in all of tes games) and Kotor (#2 was good too but the story wasn't as good imo)

-Earthbound/Mother 3
    -Skyward Sword (the whole series has a pretty good story, but SS' is by far the best)
    -all of the Warcraft series
    -Diablo series
    -Professor Layton series
    -Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones (only one I've played, but I assume the whole series is good)

xenogears
    xenosaga
    chrono trigger
    chrono cross
    ff6
    ff tactics
    mass effect
    god of war
    knights of the old republic