124 26.38%
  • 750,000 or less

95 20.21%
  • 1 million - and more...

197 41.91%

Thread: So how many?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the original question was within the week, but now it seems like it's shifted to total pre purchases, which I believe they can easily obtain a million.

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    You guys are crazy if you think they will get 1 million prepurchases. There was 1 million beta opt-ins(not unique people). That is a completely risk free no money down, might as well throw in 3 email accounts beta opt in... This is $60 down for a game we dont even have a release date for... No way they get 1 million pre-purchases... I think they will be very happy with 250,000.
    why would it be crazy? i didnt sign up for the beta and neither did any of the 12 people i know thta alread paid for the game. so if you take that into account then they may be way higher than the beta sign up.

Deleted
    keep in mind that those beta sign-ups where only open for 48 hours

What's up with this poll? There's no reason to vote for "250,000 or less" or "500,000 or less" because "750,000 or less" is a strict superset of both those responses. If it turns out that there were 100k pre-purchases, people who voted "750,000 or less" would still be correct. It's like reverse price is right. Where in price is right the guy at the end who votes $1 wins for any amount less than the second lowest bidder; people who vote "750,000 or less" win in all cases where the number is less than 750,000, thus winning if it's 100k, 400k, or 600k (as examples), the "500,000" or less people would only win on 100k, 400k, but not if it was 600k. Also, as pointed out by another poster: there is no option for any values in the range (750000 , 1000000). So if (750000 < number of pre-purchases < 1000000), everyone who voted for any option is wrong.

Deleted
    It's quite obvious he means

0 - 250,000
    250,001 - 500,000
    500,001 - 750,000
    1,000,000 - ~

Quote Originally Posted by ZetracoR View Post
    I hope they sell alot :O
    Why would they sell alot? Alot is such a nice guy.

I'd like to see some numbers on how many players per server they had, but the BWE that just happened had 48 servers (April 27-29)... which I would assume means roughly 48 servers worth of players who prepurchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    I'd like to see some numbers on how many players per server they had, but the BWE that just happened had 48 servers (April 27-29)... which I would assume means roughly 48 servers worth of players who prepurchased.
    Most US servers were also always at capacity, and most of the time people were in overflow servers as well.

But still, knowing the capacity would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably 1 million plus.

Despite the huge fanbase, GW2 doesn't have that reach that WoW has. GW2 seems to attract more adults while WoW is made for all ages, especially young ones that call you n00bies in trade chat. I believe though, if the game lives up to hype, it has the potential to get 700k at most. MOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Why would they sell alot? Alot is such a nice guy.
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html

Anyway, I think they sold more than enough. The servers were packed.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlekinFilx View Post
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html

Anyway, I think they sold more than enough. The servers were packed.

Alots are so cute. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Most US servers were also always at capacity, and most of the time people were in overflow servers as well.

But still, knowing the capacity would be great.
    Initial levelling zone was at capacity. Second one in every race's zone rarely if ever was until sunday and even then it was quite often not overflowing.

Of course, there were quite a few servers. Also, overflow zones were cross-server making for some funny moments in EU.

You forgot world of warcraft!

??? World of Warcraft, In the first week made over 2.5 million???? jeez.... that was back in 2004 lol... I suppose the most successful game can just be forgotten sometimes... >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaswrocks View Post
    ??? World of Warcraft, In the first week made over 2.5 million???? jeez.... that was back in 2004 lol... I suppose the most successful game can just be forgotten sometimes... >.<
    yeah... wow didn't sell that many, no where near that number, in fact it was around 350,000 (NA sales, EU wasn't launched until Feb 2005), which at the time resulted in it becoming the fastest growing MMO of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the stress test on Thursday had all US servers Full or High - this was in the middle of the day mind you.

So w/e that is worth
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Snuckerpooks View Post
    I know a lot of people that are going to wait until the game is actually released until they buy. If rough 50% of people pre-purchase that opted into the beta, there is quite a chunk alone. I voted for 750,000 or less because while there are many that didn't opt into the NDA, there are others like me who didn't but would really love to participate in an open beta to provide feedback for live.
    there was no NDA for the beta weekends.. and they handed out thousands of beta keys that you didn't have to pay for in order to try the game, so really that was like the open beta, even though you needed a key to get in they where at hand on dozens of sites
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

Necro post... braaaiiiinnns.

Just playing!

Closed.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-05 at 01:09 AM.