Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Window Update problem

Is it necessary to Update window on regular basis..?
    Is it provides any kind of Computer support..?
    I am facing a problem related to update of window, as i update window on regular basis but now after formatting my system. when i try to update window it shows error message regarding genuineness of windows.What is the problem, i am not able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you should update windows, as it patches security holes, as well as providing increased hardware support.

If you are getting an error message referring to "genuineness" of windows, it's because it thinks you pirated it. Did you put your windows key in after you reinstalled?

If you are actually using a legitimate version of windows, call microsoft, otherwise don't pirate.

Deleted
    Yes it is very important to update your system on regular basis. You need to enter the CD-key again if you format your system. Go to Start>right click on "computer"> scroll down and you'll see

Deleted
    Not updating your system is a very bad idea. I did it with my laptop, but I hate my laptop.

If all comes to all just ring customer services and explain the situation, they can generally fix the issue over the phone.