Poll: Preferred Breathing?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Ya i do a lot of meditation, and breathing/relaxing exercises.. nose in mouth out..blow out the bad energy
    You mean CO2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious what this 'Cobonation' is. Sounds rather painful.

OT: I'm not a mouth breather. I breathe through my nose whenever possible. I sleep with my mouth closed, which apparently some people think is impossible. I went in to see my doctor about sleeping problems, and slept in one of those labs hooked up to all those machines. Fixed the problem, but he thought it was astounding that I never opened my mouth O_o

I breathe erratically though. I don't take even breaths. This makes taking polygraphs extremely complicated, as breathing is one of the things they monitor. A 'quick' 30 minute poly while I was in the Navy ended up taking 4 1/2 hours >.>

Also, for the record, it drives me up the freaking WALL seeing mouth breathers. I instantly start deducting IQ points. You're sitting there, slack-jawed, looking like you just failed a retard test. I'm sorry, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

I'm not saying I don't breathe through my mouth AT ALL. When I exert myself, of course I breathe through my mouth. You kinda have to. I think you'd hyperventilate trying to run a marathon by only breathing through your nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I always wondered what the reason in the English language is to have "mouth breather" as an insult meaning stupid person. Breathing through your nose only is an instinct since it is healthier (air being filtered instead of the mouth), and breathing through your mouth another instinct if the nose is congested of you need more oxygen, no preferrence involved usually. I knew one guy who always had to breathe through the mouth because he had no usable nose (and only one working eye and ear), but he was one of the best mathematics students.

Normal activities: nose in/out.
    When running: nose in/mouth out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm curious what this 'Cobonation' is. Sounds rather painful.

OT: I'm not a mouth breather. I breathe through my nose whenever possible. I sleep with my mouth closed, which apparently some people think is impossible. I went in to see my doctor about sleeping problems, and slept in one of those labs hooked up to all those machines. Fixed the problem, but he thought it was astounding that I never opened my mouth O_o

I breathe erratically though. I don't take even breaths. This makes taking polygraphs extremely complicated, as breathing is one of the things they monitor. A 'quick' 30 minute poly while I was in the Navy ended up taking 4 1/2 hours >.>

Also, for the record, it drives me up the freaking WALL seeing mouth breathers. I instantly start deducting IQ points. You're sitting there, slack-jawed, looking like you just failed a retard test. I'm sorry, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

I'm not saying I don't breathe through my mouth AT ALL. When I exert myself, of course I breathe through my mouth. You kinda have to. I think you'd hyperventilate trying to run a marathon by only breathing through your nose.
    Most people who breath through their mouths just have sinus issues.

Nose in mouth out.

Deleted
    Nose all the way.

Though allergy season is starting just about now so I am gonna have to make some substitutions until the meds kick in .

nose mostly, when exercising or sick i change. i hate mouth breathing though, it feels like it drys my mouth out. i've never tested or anything to see if it really does, but it certainly feels like it and that's enough for me to avoid. also people look like absolute idiots while doing it and i'm just vain enough to give a shit.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I think a more interesting question is:

Do you breath in using your ribs or belly doing the work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    I think a more interesting question is:

Do you breath in using your ribs or belly doing the work?
    .....neither. It's called a diaphragm. Biology 101.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    I always wondered what the reason in the English language is to have "mouth breather" as an insult meaning stupid person. Breathing through your nose only is an instinct since it is healthier (air being filtered instead of the mouth), and breathing through your mouth another instinct if the nose is congested of you need more oxygen, no preferrence involved usually. I knew one guy who always had to breathe through the mouth because he had no usable nose (and only one working eye and ear), but he was one of the best mathematics students.
    Same here, never understood this insult, as most people breathe through their mouth because they have allergies, a cold, or some other problem with breathing through the nose. Like for example I can only breathe through the nose if a am very relaxed, otherwise I always feel like I am suffocating. Probably because I have a very tiny (narrow) nose and need to blow up the wings of the nose (I hope that was english )to get enough oxygen.

Deleted
    Input:Mouth.
    Output:Nose.
    Respiratory Rate: 12Deep Cycles/min.

You pretty much HAVE to when you work as a nurse >.< unless of course you enjoy the smell of infected faeces, or just faeces in general.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    .....neither. It's called a diaphragm. Biology 101.
    Ok put it a different way: do your ribs expand or does your belly poke out when you breathe in. If I'm slobbing out I look fat when I breathe in, if I conciously take deep breaths or sit up my ribs do most of the expanding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Ok put it a different way: do your ribs expand or does your belly poke out when you breathe in. If I'm slobbing out I look fat when I breathe in, if I conciously take deep breaths or sit up my ribs do most of the expanding.
    Diaphragm goes down, lungs expand, and ribs "move out" to make space.

Like you said though, it really depends on the position you're in, if you're sat in a chair/leaning over for example, it would give the appearance of your abdomen expanding, however its still your chest.

i don't think i've ever been so bored as to decide on a preferred method of breathing. it would take a conscious effort to not breathe out of my mouth while running. in fact i've never seen anyone run and just commit to breathing out of their nose, that seems hilarious though.

All I know is this thread is making it impossible to subconsciously breathe.

10+ Year Old Account
    In & out through nose. Though I will exhale through my mouth sometimes (working out, controlled breathing/meditating). I don't like breathing in through my mouth though. Makes my throat dry and scratchy.

Mouthbreathers.... sigh.

Nose, always.

Use the nose, Luke...

I'm an ass breather. Sometimes a cobonation. Mouth in, ass out. It just really works well with, you know, meditating and yoga and releasing the bad energy. Breathe through your ass, think with your wang. Keeping it real, dude.