I got the GW2 box and was told to come back June when the game is gonna be released?

So today i went and got my copy of GuildWars2 (yea the cover with no cd in it) and i was told that i was supposed to get a call from them in June and pick up my collectors edition box when the game was released.

Does this mean that GW2 will be released in June?

I personally would not mind if it was released in December cuz ive been waiting for a really long time and dont mind waiting more so im not getting any high hopes for a June release date.

WAS* gonna be released

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Does this mean that GW2 will be released in June?
    No, it means whoever sold you the game is using the placeholder date as the official date. There is no official date. We don't know when the game will be released.

Deleted
    A major Scandinavian hardware and software re-seller posted on Facebook today that the game would be out by June.

I don't think they really know, it's just a guess
    That doesn't mean it's not June, but that if it is then it is not because they have secret insider information

Quote Originally Posted by dunghoof View Post
    A major Scandinavian hardware and software re-seller posted on Facebook today that the game would be out by June.
    Yea i live in Scandinavia

Game retailers have been handing out placeholder dates for when a game ships when the true date is unknown for as long as the practice of preorders has existed. They dont know for sure one way or another. At best the date they are listing is an educated guess (good one IMO but still a guess) and at worst some corporate muckity muck threw a dart at a calendar and called that the launch date.

Who is John Galt?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunghoof View Post
    June is a very optimistic date to be honest. Wouldn't count on it. They're just guessing.

The guy on this video says something like "Just few more weeks guys and you will see" so if few more weeks == 5, 6 weeks that means they may release it at june

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The guy on this video says something like "Just few more weeks guys and you will see" so if few more weeks == 5, 6 weeks that means they may release it at june
    The next BWE is in 2-3 weeks, which is what he was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    He's talking about the people there being able to play beta, not playing the released game.

Deleted
    Yer its all well you say it wont be but several dates ive got down the grape vine are around late next month :/ including the one i got from zavvi

June is not official, but it probably is the target date. After the April BWE it can hopefully be confirmed.

I think if they include asura and sylvari in the April BWE and then have another BWE in May, 2 weeks open beta in June and maybe a late June release date or July?

As i said, im not betting on June.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its gonna be late Q2 or early Q3 (almost assuredly not Q4), so June/July is a good hedge, it really depends internally on whether the game will be truly done in time to slip into Q2 or if they want the piles of money to show up in Q3's report. The way the beta's been going thus far, the game seems very polished, we can't know really what they're still working on at this point.

I wouldn't bet early June, but June 30th...don't see why not. I'm so excited for GW2 to be released already! :3