Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If the 25000g vendor value sticks, that means each mount is 500k of vendor mats, making the Onyx mount a 2 million gold investment.

I'd prefer the mount was BOP and didn't cost so much, but, oh well.

I like it. Something to strive for and less people sitting on mountains of gold benefits everyone. God forbid we don't get all the mounts in the first few weeks.

Deleted
    They can just make it so that you learn it but don't consume the actual item, and making it bop works to be used as a reagent for another item later on.

Unless they are going for a mount achievement it is also unlikely that a given player will want all four colorful mounts. i personally only like the red one, so I will only make a double of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by azrielen View Post
    Unless they are going for a mount achievement it is also unlikely that a given player will want all four colorful mounts. i personally only like the red one, so I will only make a double of that one.
    3? 5! Ruby is red, Emerald is green, Sapphire is blue, Dawnstone is yellow, and Onyx is black

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    If the 25000g vendor value sticks, that means each mount is 500k of vendor mats, making the Onyx mount a 2 million gold investment.

I'd prefer the mount was BOP and didn't cost so much, but, oh well.
    I think its just placeholder. 2 mln for one mount? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    .... ok Something Expensive sell price 25000
    Reins of the Kor'kron Annihilator sell price 375 buy price 1500 sell price is 25% of what the buy price is
    therfore Something Expensive is 100k/ea you need 5 per mount so 500k 4 mounts so 2million

get it already its a placeholder price no chance the mount will cost 500k/ea
    Depends on how easily gold will be obtained in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's 1 million gold if you go by the sell price. I highly doubt it will be anywhere close to that. Blizzard wants the mounts to be a gold dump. Why would they implement a gold dump that probably 75% (no idea on percentage, just guessing) won't ever use because they can't amass that much gold. If anything it'll be like the Vial of the Sands with probably another 5k tacked on. This is just my guess since they have the Onyx version with all 4 combined.

Either that or they'll make the four craftables cheaper and add in extra mats to make the Onyx a bit more expensive.
    To be fair there's a difference between can't and won't. Earning large amounts of gold isn't difficult. It just takes some actual thought and knowledge of one's server. I expect the price to drop but even if they cut in half, the same person who won't earn 500k will probably be the same person who won't earn 250k.

And this will be the same person who won't earn 125k? I dont see here any sense.
    Now its way too overpriced.

I though I remember reading something a while back about blizzard not wanting to put ridiculously large gold sinks because it would be out of reach for the vast majority of players.

16k for wotlk mammoth. 30kish for the cata dragon. I doubt really any more than 100k for one panther, especially if the onyx takes one of each color panther.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    With no new type of mount training, no more skill training costs, and another 5 levels, they need ways to relieve of us our hard-earned cash.
    There is a new Flight training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulvar View Post
    I like it. Something to strive for and less people sitting on mountains of gold benefits everyone. God forbid we don't get all the mounts in the first few weeks.
    Actually if the mounts get made from a purely vendor bought material, then there will be no change in how much it costs between the very first minute of Mists dropping and the last breath before 6.0. Meaning you might as well get all the mounts in the first few weeks.

To be honest though, I've come to the conclusion that the whole thing is far from done, and that there will be some specific JC flavour to it, cause just using vendor bought items would be silly. Might as wel then NOT have it made by a profession but just created by combining the mats in your bags yourself. So the prices are probably placeholders, and the mats will probably have more of a JC flavour too.

Just praying it's not an Archaeology mount, cause I am sure as hell not getting that up to 525+ on my JC. I'd rather fork over the cash to some lucky guy that has a JC main.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    There is a new Flight training.
    *that matters

The Pandaria flight will be chump change at 90 I imagine, maybe 2000 gold?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Looking at how much gold you get per quest which seems to be 9g atm i cant see people being flushed with gold like people are predicting

plus with class specific quest rewards you wont be able to choose a 29g weapon (though i could be wrong on that) instead of a slight upgrade ring etc

i must say it will be interesting to see how this all plays out

Deleted
    It could also be that you need to bind those 4 mounts to yourself and then you will get the onyx one by talking to some npc or whatever. Seems just silly to make all 4 mounts 2 times.

My main concern is... will these mounts be available for everyone like the mechano chopper or is it going to be like the carpet or flying machine and be profession only?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Course, you know, i've seen these mounts before...:

http://www.scifiheaven.net/index.php...he-big-screen/

I really like these panthers