Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Get a couple emulators and roll around in the golden age of jrpgs.

Also, if you have a DS, there's an extraordinary amount of handheld turn-based RPGs. I'd say, if anything, that that's where the genre's gone. Get FF4 DS, Chrono Trigger, and Radiant Historia, then bask in the old-school brutality, the old-school amazingness, and the crazy unique newness, respectively.
    There's also a Blue Dragon spin off for the DS, so win win.

Disgaea, cartoony and very crazy, Bordering insane.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

I've always been partial to the Jagged Alliance series on PC. Its not a fantasy themed RPG, but it is turn based game-play at its finest. They just released Jagged Alliance: Back in Action over Steam. I haven't played it yet but if it was modeled after J.A. and J.A.2, it should be a great game.
    Last edited by Dinnerbandit; 2012-04-11 at 04:30 AM.

A massive favourite of mine from a fair few years ago would have to be vandal hearts, if you have never played it I def suggest giving it a go. (PS1)
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

I compiled a list of all the games you guys suggested and will check them all out. Thanks for all the help Right now I'm thinking this blue dragon game looks pretty sweet, but I'm gunna check them all out first and grab a few. Once again thanks!

Also I bought Cthulu saves the world and Breath of death Vii, cause it was 3 dollars for both, even if I dont enjoy them, its 3 bucks you cant go wrong there
    Last edited by Purdonculas; 2012-04-11 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Septerra Core and Anachronox for PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legend of Dragoon for the ps1 was a great turn based rpg. It had a great story and fun addictive game play at least in my opinion

Age of Wonders!
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age - Modern, turn-based RPG with awesome graphics, cool storyline that runs parallell to the main storyline of LOTR, you play as Berethor, a Gondorian Citadel Guard, going in the path of the fellowship, gathering companions and fighting enemies.

Knights of the Old Republic - sort of turn-based, more like a roll-based system, where you can pause the game, stack up attacks and for each hit your enemy makes you make a hit yourself. Story revolves around Darth Revan and Malak, the Sith and the Jedi.

I'm surprised no one here mentioned "The Last Remnant", it's a beautiful game, and "kinda recent". Turn based RPG and a bit complex since the less you fight the stronger you get... I recommend reading about the game before playing it and spending hours leveling up to notice that enemies are way harder to kill at higher levels.

PSX emulator and Xenogears. A very long enjoyable active-turn based combat RPG style game. Great story with it too. Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III) for snes. Parasite Eve 1&2 (PSone games) contain a type of real-time turn based. Most of the really great ones are all old ones

The Legend of Dragoon

Had you stated Playstation I'd recommend http://legendofdragoon.wikia.com/wik...f_Dragoon_Wiki Will and always will be my favorite RPG. Even the story line is entertaining and has you wanting to know every little bit of information waiting around the corner for your characters. Combat can be challenging for those whom have trouble with timing abilities. If you played it, I promise you won't be disappointed unless your disc isn't working lol.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 11:40 PM ----------

Last edited by Deprived; 2012-05-22 at 03:41 AM.
    "I'm always going to be there for you, even if it's only as an obstacle for you to overcome."

tales of vesperia(xbox360)

grab an ps2 or an emulator and pick up shadow hearts 1 and 2