Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How many copy's are sold already?

Are there any numbers anywhere?

6, maybe 7. Definitely 5

Not that I know of.
    I know that PHYSICAL copies were sold out in most places in day 1, but we don't know how many copies each store got.. so that doesn't give a very accurate number of how many copies have actually sold.

Deleted
    Some1 said in The One Thread that retailer in Slovenia had 160 physiacal copies of GW2 and they were sold out in 3 hours.
    I think you can deduce from that number, how big country is etc how many physical copies were sent to retailers. A lot ppl from differnt countries reporting that all physical copies were sold out first day, but some countries had only one retailer with prepurchase.

You know sure as hell that Anet will tell us later today :P
    Last edited by zito; 2012-04-11 at 10:57 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very curious about this as well...
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Afaik, they had 500k boxes around the world (just retailers).

all prepurchase normal+ce were sold out in poland, but im guessing it was very low supply.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first batch of Collectors Edition copies here in the UK sold out within 30 minutes on Zavvi. They did get more stock soon after and still do have some available. Very popular, I would say 500k so far

Well I bought one copy and so did my friend, so that's two atleast
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    "we are still collating all the information at present (lots) " Just came off their twitter 5 mins ago when someone asked how many sold tuesday, So still no accurate numbers, Well, Besides "lots"

As there are quite a few retailers participating, it's unlikely that even NCSoft will have information on sales beyond digital for a while. Remember that many copies haven't even arrived to their recipients' yet.

Deleted
    Not sure how significant this is, But even with the whole 1 mil signing up for beta giving them a ROUGH indication of how many are interested, They've still ran out of serial numbers for the downloads, Expect a rather large amount!

Quote Originally Posted by Ameretat View Post
    Not sure how significant this is, But even with the whole 1 mil signing up for beta giving them a ROUGH indication of how many are interested, They've still ran out of serial numbers for the downloads, Expect a rather large amount!
    They haven't run out of serials on the website.
    A lot of retailers are running out, but (coming from an anet fanboy) they may have sent the retailers a low amount of keys to generate hype.
    'Pre-purchase sold out at all non digital retailers' sounds good.

Not saying it's not selling well, but they may have intentionally sent the retailers a slightly lower number than what they expected the retailers to sell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    They haven't run out of serials on the website.
    A lot of retailers are running out, but (coming from an anet fanboy) they may have sent the retailers a low amount of keys to generate hype.
    'Pre-purchase sold out at all non digital retailers' sounds good.

Not saying it's not selling well, but they may have intentionally sent the retailers a slightly lower number than what they expected the retailers to sell.
    "Sorry, Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase serial codes are temporarily unavailable." Taken from the site. (Just had an argument with zavvi so trying to preorder one from the buy.guildwars2 site. Figured that qualifies as "ran out of codes" to me :P
    Edit: Just now upon clicking the "Try again later" it mentions maintenance, However 10 mins ago when i first tried, It mentioned an error code with the words "restocking". *Shrug*

"Sorry, Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchase serial codes are temporarily unavailable." Taken from the site. (Just had an argument with zavvi so trying to preorder one from the buy.guildwars2 site. Figured that qualifies as "ran out of codes" to me :P
    Huh.
    They said they would 'tell us well in advance' before they run out of codes on the twitter,
    so I'm pretty sure by temporarily unavailable it actually MEANS temporarily unavailable. :P

Deleted
    They're probably generating more codes at this moment.

Well since yesterday play.com have said they are awaiting more stock on on the pre-purchase of the game, I took that as they have run out

Deleted
    Yeah, You can't expect them to sit around with their thumbs up their....Ahems. While eager people are still willing to throw cash at them!
    But on a more productive note, It's nice to see the hype machines (Not saying it's either justified or unjustified hype) Caused them to sell some serious copys, As it's obviously their main source of income (The cash shop i personally consider to be unreliable income).
    Nice to see that it's fair to speculate they're doing well.

As it's obviously their main source of income (The cash shop i personally consider to be unreliable income).
    Nice to see that it's fair to speculate they're doing well.
    I fail to see how it's unreliable.
    I mean, it's LoL's main source of income, that game is doing fine. Plenty of games are doing well with cash shops, and have been for years.. I don't see how it's unreliable. :P