Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    speak for yourself OP. I don't want a fat girl or a "curvy" girl as you so delicately put it. People only say curves are sexy in America because obesity is out of control here and they feel like saying fat girls are "real girls" to boost their self esteem. They don't want to put forth the effort to actually get healthy.

Deleted
    because you can`t make curves ...doh...
    unless you get fat but that is not curves

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Right.

First off we have the subjective view point of the models physique. The poster perceives them as appearing to be twelve year old boys. This is purely subjective, it is their interpretation.

Second is the accusation that the designers are homosexuals, as if this is even relevant. It's even less relevant given the fact the models are women. Unless of course the poster was making the connection between 12 year old boys and homosexuals.

Third is the questioning of anyone's sexuality who finds these women attractive. Again, nothing but opinion on what is and is not attractive.

So they have no legitimate reasoning. A fair summary is precisely what I stated: The poster claims that homosexual designers choose female models that look like twelve year old boys and any man that finds them attractive is in fact a homosexual.

And it doesn't honestly offend me, it's just so stupid I had to comment.

1) Typical models have fewer signs of having gone through puberty, and show less female characteristics, than the average healthy-weight woman. They are significantly taller than the average women, and also have wider shoulders than the average women. The sexual characteristics of these models are closer to that of males than that of females.

2) Suggesting that many designers are homosexuals is not an "accusation". You are adding hostile and aggressive language when none exists. Being gay isn't a crime, and so you shouldn't use words like "accusation". You question whether this is relevant... but I'm not sure why you would not think it is. I find it hard to believe that what these men find attractive and beautiful wouldn't somehow make it into their work, and into the selection of models that they use.

3) The connection I made wasn't between 12 year old boys and homosexuals. The connection is that these models on the runway and in fashion magazines have physical sexual characteristics that are more male than female.

4) Heterosexual men - while their preferences vary - are generally believed to be hardwired to find women attractive that are post-puberty, and show signs of good female health. Body-shape plays a huge role in this. Finding an hourglass figure attractive is a very heterosexual male thing. The hourglass figure is a very female shape/form. Men who think these underweight supermodels are "hot" are not attracted to the female hourglass... they're attracted to what is effectively a male body figure. I'm not saying that means your gay. But it means that you find male visual cues more sexually stimulating than female visual cues. That doesn't have to mean anything at all... but it might mean something.

As a woman I have to say that other than not wanting to be "obese" every grown woman I have ever talked to about such things has not been in the slightest bit bothered about being "skinny" or "stick-thin". The vast majority of normal women have always seemed to be relatively comfortable / accepting of their selves, only seeking small improvements usually, at least this has been my perspective the last 30 years...

Men and women alike will always look at someone we perceive to have a "better" bodyshape than ourselves and feel envious, sometimes even feel motivated to try and lose a little weight maybe. Pretty much most people have neither the willpower or interest to really bother trying to emulate the super-thin.

As with all "why u women so stupid and men so smart" threads, it's fairly full of face-palm worthy and wrong generalisations about normal women. If you hang around with neurotic teenage girls, or take trashy womens mag headlines as your main source of information about womens thoughts - then I guess this is what will happen xD

Eff stick thin - I wanna be liftin' some heavy squats!
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    While i don't have a big breast fetish or anything of the sort, I wouldn't say no to a girl like that, if you find breasts repulsive we might have a lolicon here...
    So because I do not like massive breasts that are literally bigger then her head, I must be a pedo? Oook then. Perhaps I like "Normal" girls. Have you thought of that?

I did not say I find breasts repulsive, I find those disgusting things she has repulsive.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    In reality her breasts aren't that massive, they're just in a push up. Normally they'd look just fine.

Wait until she is 50 and can barely walk because of the extra strain, and they are literally sagging to her belly button.

Not everyone judges someone based on "Lol I would totally do her right now!" some people actually have morals and do not just hump anything that will allow them to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    So because I do not like massive breasts that are literally bigger then her head, I must be a pedo? Oook then. Perhaps I like "Normal" girls. Have you thought of that?

I did not say I find breasts repulsive, I find those disgusting things she has repulsive.
    Why not post a pic of a woman you do find attractive?

Aside from the fact that men have differing opinions on beauty, has anyone considered that a lot of women pursue certain aesthetics for reasons other than men? Just like how there are plenty of body-builders out there who work out for themselves, not to pull chicks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    Aside from the fact that men have differing opinions on beauty, has anyone considered that a lot of women pursue certain aesthetics for reasons other than men? Just like how there are plenty of body-builders out there who work out for themselves, not to pull chicks.
    I don't think women would walk around in 8 inch heels, wax sensitive areas, starve themselves and lash on makeup if there were no more men around.

Skinny, chubby, big tits, small tits, tall, short, 18%, 20%, 25%, 30% I dont care as long as she's pretty to me, makes me laugh and knows how to have a good time.

I'll do it all....

Well....With my wife anyway.

Deleted
    It's not media, it's other women, their female friends, who also happen to be their competitors.

No one is as harsh on other women's weight as the female friends. Women get skinny to prove to their femaile friends that they are disciplines in food, and by implication also disciplined in general, and thus won't sleep with the other girl's boyfriends. And they are loyal and not a competitor. It's about proving to the ones that matters most, to most women, which is their female friends, that they are NOT loose women, they are good girls who knows how to control their desires - be they for junk food or sex.

Look around and ask around, and you'll see that being skinny is in most cases something women does because their female friends would disrespect them otherwise. It's not about what men want, certainly not what media wants because as much infleuence as medai may have, it is NOTHING compared to the influence a girls female friends has on her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is another example of how photoshop can be used to completely skew reality.

Because of its extremely easy to navigate interface and simple tools, photoshop has become the norm in our society. Every celebrity you can think of has a photo editor on staff to ensure that they keep their fake public image. As you can see above, this is a picture of Megan Fox. The before picture may be what many people consider "ugly" because of her colourless skin, her undersized chest, or even her small eyes. As you can see in the after picture, it has been realistically retouched to look completely different. The after picture may look natural and consistent with other picture of her, but a professional can tell you that it is very fake. It may be hard to believe, but I was actually the one to edit this photo. It just demonstrates how easy it is to change your images.

This is a serious problem that needs to be taken seriously. The seriousness of this issue is seriously increasing, and we need to seriously ensure that we feel comfortable with ourselves, seriously.

It may be crazy, but I prefer the first image over the edited one. I like a woman to have imperfections, because it makes her more human, like myself. There is beauty in every woman if you search hard enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    People only say curves are sexy in America because obesity is out of control here and they feel like saying fat girls are "real girls" to boost their self esteem. They don't want to put forth the effort to actually get healthy.
    Nonsense. It's the other way around. The #1 country to appreciate skinny girls is America. Go to India, or Africa or the Middle East or Southern Europe and you'll realize that a curvy woman is much more in demand than a scrawny one. Not saying either is right or wrong, but its the way it is. And the reason skinny is given staus in America is precisely becuase obesity is out of control. A skinny girl proves she has high status, and is not part of the under class., and she proves that she is disciplined and in control. It isn't necessarily sexy to everyone, quite the contrary, but it gives her status in front on other women in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Here is another example of how photoshop can be used to completely skew reality.

Because of its extremely easy to navigate interface and simple tools, photoshop has become the norm in our society. Every celebrity you can think of has a photo editor on staff to ensure that they keep their fake public image. As you can see above, this is a picture of Megan Fox. The before picture may be what many people consider "ugly" because of her colourless skin, her undersized chest, or even her small eyes. As you can see in the after picture, it has been realistically retouched to look completely different. The after picture may look natural and consistent with other picture of her, but a professional can tell you that it is very fake. It may be hard to believe, but I was actually the one to edit this photo. It just demonstrates how easy it is to change your images.

This is a serious problem that needs to be taken seriously. The seriousness of this issue is seriously increasing, and we need to seriously ensure that we feel comfortable with ourselves, seriously.

It may be crazy, but I prefer the first image over the edited one. I like a woman to have imperfections, because it makes her more human, like myself. There is beauty in every woman if you search hard enough.
    I'm in love with her right arm.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why not post a pic of a woman you do find attractive?

Not to skinny, not some grotesquely huge breasted monstrosity! 143 pounds for her height is pretty much perfect.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 07:53 PM ----------

This thread has turned into a "What chicks are hot lol!" and its getting kind of stupid to be honest. I only replied to this because it was directly asked of me.

Deleted
    Body doesn't really quite do it for me. A cute personality and eyes that swallow my soul however..

10+ Year Old Account
    It turned into what chicks are hot because people can't fathom other people having different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It turned into what chicks are hot because people can't fathom other people having different opinions.
    Exactly. I personally do not like massive breasts. When I stated so, I was called a pedophile. Apparently anything less then double d's means you are a sexual predator.

Well I for one think the really slender ones with small features are far more attractive than the generic curvy ones, so I guess I fail to see what the problem is. I bet more men feel this way than you think, but just never say it because they are expected to want them curvy.

It's mostly the media. However, I wouldn't put thin girls and anorexic girls in the same category. Thin VS Curves is one thing - Fat VS Anorexic that's something else entirely. I like skinny girls because I'm pretty damn skinny.