Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Umm not necessarily. But the again i am all but confirmed by a group of scientists to be a genetic freak so who am i to talk. But yeah i'm male and i can find a woman attractive by personality and my tastes are quite "off" by classical standards. So yeah some people DO have that ability.
    Well, yeah. Freaks are freaks. Exceptions that prove the rule.

Everything that I say are generalisations, because quite frankly, I can't be bothered putting in the disclaimer "there are exceptions to every rule, but just because there is an exception, it does not invalidate the rule" after every single thing i say. It should be a given.

Deleted
    I wonder why it has always been okay to bash thin girls and call them disgusting anorectic sticks but as soon
    as you say the smallest negative word against a fat person you are considered offensive?!

Whats with the double standards? And why does people ALWAYS take the absolutely thinnest and sickliest woman they
    can find when they do their comparison? Its just not fair and anyone with a brain would understand that.

OT: I prefer thin over fat any day. And using the above picture as a reference i would say something between 20% and 25%
    to be the optimal choice and leaning towards the 20% girl more ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Good going champ, though unfortunately your standards are not everyones', nor does someone have 'lesser' standards as your thinly veiled proclamation suggests, for finding someone attractive for reasons other than the reasons you do.
    Some people have a broad range that makes them happy. I find that believable, but the statements that physical attraction is irrelevant is a farce.

Everyone has their bar, I just have a narrow range.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Looks do matter, you can fool yourself into thinking otherwise but most people will not believe you. I seriously doubt you could find a man sexy if he dunked his face in acid, no matter how great a personality he had.

Sure you can have a lot of leeway when it comes to looks, often lowering your own standards a hell of a lot if they have a great personality, but I doubt you would walk the streets hand in hand with the elephant man.
    You're an army chap, or so your avatar suggests, so i'd respond quite aptly with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amenthil View Post
    Love all the single minded and shallow personalities posting here ...... "Oh she looks fat they eat to much and live unhealthy" Did it ever occur to some of you people that alot of girls/woman turned out to be "fat" not because they dont eat unhealthy or dont work out enough but just due to the fact they have to take a certain type of medication??? Or a certain medical condition they can do nothing about...

Ofc you havent thought about it since 90% of the people posting here dont look further then the face and waste lines and already made up their mind and completely know the whole history of the woman they are looking at. That is the problem with people superficial shallow singleminded jerks that think they know it all

Could also just be their body type as well. Some women(and men) just have bigger builds than others. See a stereotypical Samoan for a PERFECT example.

Good going champ, though unfortunately your standards are not everyones', nor does someone have 'lesser' standards as your thinly veiled proclamation suggests, for finding someone attractive for reasons other than the reasons you do.
    If someone has the standard of "must have good personality" and the other has the standard "must have good personality and good looks" then the former has lower standards than the latter.

If someone has standards that are too high, they meet with failure until they lower their standards to their highest attainable level.

Frankly, I would advise any man, "'tis better to shoot for the stars and fail, than settle for mediocrity".

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope for your fiance's sake she never gives birth, gains weight, ages terribly or has any disfiguring accidents and have to rely on someone like you for support. Poor girl.

Deleted
    You're an army chap, or so your avatar suggests, so i'd respond quite aptly with this.

Pssssst, they got divorced.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same reason some of you actually exercise way too much and look like a rock of muscles.. Do you think every women likes?

Now back to topic, what are you actually considering curvy? If you consider someone 30 BMI + curvy and you like that, okey that's your opinion. I for myself like the women to have flesh on her, but looking like a HIPPO? No thanks. But anorexia girls is just gross. You'd like to have something that is in between these two, way too curvy bleh, you're just saying that to be nice and do disagree with the females. Let them females exercise, it's their body and for same reason, why do you still play video games while most girls hate computer nerds?

Not trying to offend anyone, my apologize if so, but really... I'd like a fit woman, more than a curvy.. And again, not everyone agrees with my opinion, but again.. not everyone is fit, so that's perfectly fine.

Skinny http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/yu...background.jpg

Fit http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbla...3421RbJOFY.jpg

Curvy http://beyoubebold.com/wp-content/up.../07/curvy2.jpg

Faces not related, just the body. And again, everyone's unique.

My opinion, stays the same, let them do what they wish, they're not setting up reasons for you, don't got exercise way too much so you get a muscles mountain, do play video games, don't do this don't do that don't bla bla..

Deleted
    Yes, I am in the army. It is very sad what happened to him, but the truth is very few women would now find him desirable without knowing his back ground story. Do you know the women he married in that video has now left him? Kind of proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    all three are pretty beautiful, although the right one seems shopped when you compare facial and body tan
    Most times, beauty will not be defined by your body type, but by your face.

And yes, trying to be too thin is the media's fault as they try to sell something that is pretty rare/hard to get and mark that as "ideal". For a healthy life, having too few body fat AND too little muscles is not a good goal to aim for. Get one wrong disease and you might hurt yourself pretty much (some people lose ~5-7 kg over a single influenza or scarlet fever or pneumonia).

For the "fat % chart" sorry, but you can achieve fat% of 11% without having to be a body builder or near starvation. Any girl who's just run out of her puberty growth jump, does some sports and eats normally will have a body fat% of ~13-18%. My friends who were into highjumping even got as low as 11% without that huge sixpack. Of course they looked pretty flat and stick-like, but nowhere as starved as those models. And of course, the fat% will increase shortly after that
    I'm 27. I achieved going from 20% bodyfat to 11.3% bodyfat in four months (lost 9kg). I don't know if the readings were very accurate but whatever.
    This was also during christmas and newyears. I also went to austria to snowboard for a week where I ate french fries and schnitzels every day and drank beers and what not. I also still eat 'bad' food twice a week and I still go out and drink a lot of beers.
    I don't have a photomodel body. But people who say it's hard to lose weight...I don't know. For me it went faster than I thought. Even without going to the gym for a week I can still stay on my current weight without starving myself. I think it's a load of crap from most people that it's too hard to lose weight.

As far as looks go, when talking about the standards the opposite sex has for what constitutes above average looks, women have it a lot easier.
    And this is also so true. It's far harder to gain muscle than lose weight. When women come to the gym they most of the time just walk on a threadmill for 20-30 minutes and do three excercises or none at all and it's good. I have to do six excercises per muscle group a week and then it still takes at least a year to really make a difference and besides that I also have to lose the same weight as those women.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    Because I love being thin...and I can't seem to gain weight...ever.
    Even if I did, I wouldn't want to change. I'd rather be tiny than gigantic.

Geez, wtf? I am naturally petite and from what I hear, being petite seems to be a BAD, TERRIBLE thing!
    I always hear how guys want 'bigger' girls, you know, ones that 'have meat on their bones', big boobs and don't have teeny, tiny wrists.

I don't know what kind of ladies ya'll hang around....being fat/kinda fat seems to be the norm, being thin means you're sickly.
    Fat isn't a good norm, in my opinion. Personally I'm a fan of smaller, more petite girls, but I do find curvacious women attractive too. It all comes down to personal taste, genetics, and cultural imprinting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I hope for your fiance's sake she never gives birth, gains weight, ages terribly or has any disfiguring accidents and have to rely on someone like you for support. Poor girl.
    That's why we're getting married. Because I'd like to spend the rest of my life with the woman, regardless of what happens.

I don't settle, my fiance is by the fat the most attractive, funny and intelligent woman I've met. We'll get old, fat and wrinkly together. And that's just fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Pssssst, they got divorced.
    Pssssst, he's not the only wounded soldier in the world.

http://www.wifeofawoundedsoldier.com/p/about-me.html

Whatever the case i'm done here however; people who maintain rather self-entitled demands (And let's not beat around the bush, that's what they are) that the opposite sex/potential partners must meet reveal much more about themselves than they ever would about the aforementioned potential partners; happiness is key, in whatever form it may come and whatever form those who might share that happiness may come.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-04-12 at 01:05 PM.

it's not the weight that really matters, it's how the girl is built in relation to that weight. a small-built girl with weight looks awful. a bigger, curvier girl who is as skinny as she can get looks awful. swap them around and put a little weight on the bigger girl and slim the small one down and they both look a lot better

MOST don't wan to be natalie portman thin, but she's naturally that thin and hot as hell. if she put on 30lbs she'd not look right. models are always tall and too thin and you see them a lot. i have 2 girls and i teach them that how you feel is the only thing that matters. i've worked my ass off to look great in my early 20s, was cut, didn't eat the foods i liked, and i hated it. i don't want to be a fat whale either. you gotta find what works. some people like to bust their asses to stay fit, some don't. some wanna be bigger.

the media will tell you what to be then mock you for it. can't trust them.

Deleted

I'm sorry but where is there a similar story on that webpage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    The same reason some of you actually exercise way too much and look like a rock of muscles.. Do you think every women likes?

Now back to topic, what are you actually considering curvy? If you consider someone 30 BMI + curvy and you like that, okey that's your opinion. I for myself like the women to have flesh on her, but looking like a HIPPO? No thanks. But anorexia girls is just gross. You'd like to have something that is in between these two, way too curvy bleh, you're just saying that to be nice and do disagree with the females. Let them females exercise, it's their body and for same reason, why do you still play video games while most girls hate computer nerds?

Not trying to offend anyone, my apologize if so, but really... I'd like a fit woman, more than a curvy.. And again, not everyone agrees with my opinion, but again.. not everyone is fit, so that's perfectly fine.

Skinny http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/yu...background.jpg

Fit http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbla...3421RbJOFY.jpg

Curvy http://beyoubebold.com/wp-content/up.../07/curvy2.jpg

Faces not related, just the body. And again, everyone's unique.

My opinion, stays the same, let them do what they wish, they're not setting up reasons for you, don't got exercise way too much so you get a muscles mountain, do play video games, don't do this don't do that don't bla bla..
    Thin and curvy. Mainly curvy one. Again not all men find thin or "fit" attractive.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

There's no point. 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, but someone like him is always going to assume it's based on the disfigured solder's face and not his personality. Perhaps HE couldn't deal with being disfigured and took it out on her / refused to get help to cope etc. There are always other factors here. You can't explain that to someone who only sees beauty as skin deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post

Women can age beautifully. When a man falls in love with a woman who later bears him children, he will always see her as the woman he originally fell in love with, as long as she continues to be a good woman, but good looking no longer. Men are adapted to women who age terribly, get pregnant, have accidents. Indeed, women have never aged so well as they do now.

Gain weight? Part of her duties as a good wife is to try her best to maintain a good figure. Men appreciate effort. Truly, we do. We understand when you can't get those last 10 pounds off. But 100lbs? Pregnant women only gain ~30lb . . .

Hmm, I'd say it depends on the overall appearance of the woman, and how she carries herself overall. A body type is one thing, but different guys like different things. There are butt guys and boob guys, "Kramer's licence plate". Many guys and gals have differing opinions on what feminine is, and the definition alone may take out one or two of those pictures. I'd say around 22-24% would be and look most healthy overall, but many beautiful gals would never be able to reach that because their body-type does not fit that mold. People are not the same, and this is a good thing.