Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Yes I totally agree with that statement...something real bad. I'm sure they know we're all frustrated.
    Perhaps around 8:30 PDT, after they've all come back into work and had their morning coffee, someone will deign to update the player base about what's going on with the beta servers, and if that's why those 250,000 invites have not gone out yet. BTW player base, we're actually sending them out "soon" (TM).

What you guys need to realize is....They just released a new build yesterday as well.

Lots of people stopped "playing" the beta because the content was old and it was done in one day (it's been the same content for 2-3 weeks). They opened up a new zone and level 87 last night BEFORE they announced the next wave.

Shortly after they announced the wave, the servers kept exploding because people were returning and bogging down the servers. For a good 2-3 hours, the server was crashing within 5 mins every time it came up.

The server was already exploding before the maintance :/ (The EU Server)

Quote Originally Posted by strutzen View Post
    The server was already exploding before the maintance :/ (The EU Server)
    Yes, which is probably why they did NOT send out the invites yet.

The fix for exploding servers is not to INVITE more people....that would only make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I totally agree with that statement...something real bad. I'm sure they know we're all frustrated.
    somebody forgot to bring GC his coffee, there is now a battlefield between his office and Metzen's
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

Quote Originally Posted by Gunargho View Post
    What you guys need to realize is....They just released a new build yesterday as well.

Lots of people stopped "playing" the beta because the content was old and it was done in one day (it's been the same content for 2-3 weeks). They opened up a new zone and level 87 last night BEFORE they announced the next wave.

Shortly after they announced the wave, the servers kept exploding because people were returning and bogging down the servers. For a good 2-3 hours, the server was crashing within 5 mins every time it came up.
    Sounds like a really good reason for a blue post. I think most people can be pretty understanding when they're kept in the loop.

might have something to do with the patch, or some kind of bug in battle.net. i feel a little better now

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm thinking this wave didn't get sent out since there there's many bickering on the US blue post about not getting in and only 1% of those trolling and saying they did. Might have been a problem that went wrong since they didn't even post on the EU site about another wave.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    My hopes are getting higher about getting in!
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    No one's posting because they're busy raging at the Launcher
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Of course we could all be completely wrong and they have gone out and the reason Blizz are being silent about it is there is nothing to talk about as for the sticky maybe they want to roll out another 100k invites or so tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, if everyone that got into the Beta posted they got into it, there would literally be no room in these threads for those of you that didn't get in yet.

Rest assured that beta invites do go out over a period of time after they are announced.

Also, be aware that while they may go out, nobody is obligated to tell you when they get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Just a tidbit, don't know if it is part of the communication issue as well, but paid services are also bugged out. If you call customer support, they have a recording stating that paid services are having issues and they are working on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Guys, if everyone that got into the Beta posted they got into it, there would literally be no room in these threads for those of you that didn't get in yet.

Rest assured that beta invites do go out over a period of time after they are announced.

Also, be aware that while they may go out, nobody is obligated to tell you when they get in.
    BUT...and this is a big butt......the last waves...people could not wait to jump on and say they got in. More "I'm ins" than "I'm not in" It was literally a blue post saying they were going out and a matter of minutes for people to confirm they got theirs. Plain and simple...something is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post

This is true. And it's also true that with each previous wave, these and Blizzard's forums were bombarded by people announcing they had gotten in.

This hasn't happened. In fact, NO ONE besides a new account troll has said they got in, in either forum. This time around, the invitations simply haven't gone out yet. I'm sure there are some very good technical reasons why this is the case, but without word from Blizzard, speculation will run rampant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer66 View Post
    This is true. And it's also true that with each previous wave, these and Blizzard's forums were bombarded by people announcing they had gotten in.

This hasn't happened. In fact, NO ONE besides a new account troll has said they got in, in either forum. This time around, the invitations simply haven't gone out yet. I'm sure there are some very good technical reasons why this is the case, but without word from Blizzard, speculation will run rampant.
    This is exactly what I've seeing on the last blue post about the wave. NO ONE but trolls posted that they've gotten in. Hopefully they decided to add more servers to support the series of players going into beta =]
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    yep, no invite yet

10+ Year Old Account
    On the thread about 250,000 invites going out.......22 pages of posts and no one claiming to get in I'm sure they'll get it fixed and up and running today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    they have also taken down the sticky off forums about the beta invs wave 5
    uhm... no... it's still there...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427703317

On the thread about 250,000 invites going out.......22 pages of posts and no one claiming to get in I'm sure they'll get it fixed and up and running today.
    Yeah, it's business hours at Blizzard again. Looking forward to an update.