Bebore I buy. Is this desktop worth $600?

I'm looking to buy a new computer, since my laptop can hardly play wow in 10 mans on lowest settings. I like to get at least a medium to high settings with this computer, do you think it's worth $600? Thanks!

Up for sale is a professionally constructed high end gaming computer. Optimized with gamers and power users in mind anyone familiar with the latest tech could identify every component in the system is top notch and can handle any application or game on the market with ease. All parts are brand new and the original packaging and paperwork are included with the computer.
    System Spec

Chassis: Cooler Master Elite 430

Cooler Master is a manufacturer of premium gaming chassis. I chose this case with a few key elements in mind: solid construction, airflow, aesthetics, quietness, and flexibility for future upgrades. Peripherals included with this case are 2 USB 2.0 ports and an eSATA port located on the top panel for convenient access.

Motherboard: AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

The Z68 is the latest Intel chipset. This means you get the best in terms of expandability you would want from a high end motherboard such as PCI-Express 3.0, USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s and support for future Intel Processor upgrades. Of course you get the awesome overclocking capability and UEFI as well. This motherboard is also ideal for Nvida SLI so in the future you could add another GTX 550 Ti down the road and double your graphics performance.

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k

The Core i5 2500k processor is the stand out component of this computer and makes everything tick to its full potential. The i5 2500k is currently one of the fastest solutions in a quad core Intel has to I paired this processor with 6GB of high speed G-Skill 1600mhz DDR3 RAM for optimal speed and compatibility.

Video Card: Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

This computer features the EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti. This video card is on the higher spectrum of offerings from Nvidia optimal for high resolution gaming. To Keep in mind this computer is designed with expandability in mind. It is possible to add another GTX 550 Ti for a high powered SLI setup. With 650 watts of clean power just plug in the provided cables already in place for if you ever decide to expand to two GTX 550 Ti's for some SLI action.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

For ensured cool and quiet operation, you need a quality CPU Cooler that is tried and true for overclocked operation. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus has received rave reviews from PC enthusiasts everywhere for its amazing cooling capacity. I did the liberty of replacing the stock 120mm fan with an aftermarket 120mm fan for increased cooling capacity.

Windows 7 Ultimate and other information

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit is installed on the 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive. The optical drive is a LG 24x DVD/CD Burner.

All boxes and warranty information for each component will be included with the computer. Serial numbers are usually referenced for warranties on parts.

These are all high quality component and you can expect high performance regardless of the application. With this computer you won't have to settle, there are no shortcuts taken with such a premium system; you only get the best of the best in a configuration you can enjoy for years.
    Last edited by Josh1121; 2012-04-12 at 05:27 PM.

It's a pretty great WoW PC for $600, depending on the power supply.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-12 at 04:51 PM.

650w psu. Thanks for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, another 813 resident. But yeah, as noteworthynerd said, pretty decent for 600 bucks. GPU is not the best, but overall pretty good and will run WoW without issues.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a good computer that can handle WoW, but you willing to use the 550ti, when a possible a new card is coming next month, which will put that 550ti behind. I've got the same situation related to the GPU but I'm waiting till the newer Nvidia cards come out instead of wasting money on current stuff.

I considered mentioning the video card, but I'm sure that's a prebuilt system and I'm guessing the video card options are limited. The truth is, the 550 Ti will play WoW fine, even at 1080p, as long as you keep multisampling (and maybe shadows) turned down (or off).

Solid WoW PC, should also be able to play other games, though probably not at max settings.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Surprised you got that for 600 bucks, that is a good build.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.
    It seems like a good deal, but I'm not near as computer savy as most of you.

Yeah looking up parts on newegg to build it brand new it's about 800$...in fact I'm confused as to how it is 600$...especially with windows installed...actually closer to 900$ because it's ultimate
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer2k1 View Post
    Its a good computer that can handle WoW, but you willing to use the 550ti, when a possible a new card is coming next month, which will put that 550ti behind.
    And which card would that be ? The 550ti sucks, but for that money it's expected.

I'd buy it, and replace the video card with one that's good. then it'll be a very very good system.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Yeah looking up parts on newegg to build it brand new it's about 800$...in fact I'm confused as to how it is 600$...especially with windows installed...actually closer to 900$ because it's ultimate
    Yea OP, I am sure this price is legit but you could not even build that PC for that price by yourself. It would be ~$900.

I would just triple check the computer is 100% new and legit.

And for the record, if you put a decent GPU in there, it'd run WoW ultra 60+ FPS easy. And by decent i mean Radeon 6870 or better. Maybe even a little worse than that would do it.

I agree with Sindy, I'd buy it and then save up for a better video card, the 7850 perhaps.

Great info! Thanks again guys.

Very good for $600. Always replace the video card with a higher up one in a few months, but that will run wow without a single problem with most, if not all, settings on max.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nvidia has some cards coming out. The 650GTX which runs about the same speed as the 560's are coming May 12th for $150.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK ive read over it 3 times and I never saw any memory mentioned. other than that, yeah its a good buy . Sounds about like my rig (except I have a GTX460 and im able to run everything I throw at it on ultra.

Edit nvm i see you included the RAM in with the cpu lol
    Last edited by lokithor; 2012-04-26 at 04:54 PM.