Thread: New 1.2 pets...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Whoa!

I wonder how (or if) the bonus pet is different from the CE vendor pet. I LOVE PETS.
    Probably just reskinned/renamed from the other tauntaun pets

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Wow and free game time.
    zomg, I totally stopped reading after the pet XD

And in regards to another thread, if people renew their account quick they'll get the benefits.

Wow this is AWESOME!!11!

Wow and free game time.

holy shitburgers!

and i just got a time card, so i wont have to worry about my sub for the next 3 months, kickass!

edit: says i have 54 days, maybe it hasn't been added yet.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-04-12 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    holy shitburgers!

and i just got a time card, so i wont have to worry about my sub for the next 3 months, kickass!

edit: says i have 54 days, maybe it hasn't been added yet.
    Yeah we have to wait for their systems to recognize it.

Yeah we have to wait for their systems to recognize it.
    ya, but still, thats pretty awesome!

The secret to the Orobird pets has been mostly figured out. Only one kind of a potential three known from data mining has been found so far though.

The only known egg spawns at this point are on Alderaan. They have a very long respawn timer (believed to be at least 4 hours). They both give the Unusual Egg, which seems to only give the Orokeet pet. It is basically a green parrot that follows you on the ground.

One is at 1930, -1451 at Mount Anzaada in the Empire bonus quest area. It requires going through the cave full of killiks and reaching the top of mountain. You then drop down onto the nest above the cave entrance. Be sure to make multiple drops and heal up because doing it in one shot will kill you.

Another is at 168, 1836 near a broken bridge. If you walk past the bridge on the right to the edge of the cliff you can see a log spanning the gap. You have to carefully drop down on to the log, and then turn right and drop onto the ledge with the nest. Again, make sure to heal up or you will die.

Inside the nests there will probably be a single unclickable egg this is NOT the egg you want. There may or may not be a second clickable egg, this is one the one you want. If there isn't a second egg it will respawn after a while (could be a long while if you get there right after someone looted it).

Once you have the egg you go to Tatooine and visit our old friend the moisture collectors to get the Refreshed and Sustained buff. You then go to the Czerka base at -2393, -409 and stand under the machine behind the entrance near the elite droid. After 30 seconds you'll get a message that your egg has hatched, and you can use the pet. Be sure to get out after the egg hatches or you will die from exhaustion because you lose the Refreshed and Sustained buff. Good luck!

The Tauntaun is still mostly a mystery unfortunately.
    Last edited by Swishz; 2012-04-13 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    its the CE vendor NOT the vip vendor =(
    lame

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Guys.... FREE TAUNTAUN PET TO ALL ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120412-1
    ok it says we get a pet but it says nothing about how to redeem it. When i logged on no pet was in the mail.

will it come later? do i have to go to a certain npc?

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    lame

ok it says we get a pet but it says nothing about how to redeem it. When i logged on no pet was in the mail.

will it come later? do i have to go to a certain npc?
    Given on there will be another chance to "earn" it on the 21st, I would wager we will not see it until at least then. Probably on the 1st is when we will see both the new rewards show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn...sign up NOW and get a free pet, or wait until tomorrow and play for free for 7 days...I'm being serious, I'm having a tough time at this >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Damn...sign up NOW and get a free pet, or wait until tomorrow and play for free for 7 days...I'm being serious, I'm having a tough time at this >.>
    If you sign up by the 21st you will get a pet then. So you can do both.

From my email:

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.
    You'll get the pet by the 24th.

Yay! I just got my Orokeet

Just follow Swishz's instructions and you will get one.

Deleted
    WoW, thank you for the Guide Swishz...
    Checked out both Nests, and both Nests had a Egg in it... which i couldnt click on, for the heck of it... whats wrong?

Switching client from german to english now... perhaps that works... hmm

*edit* nope... didnt help, cant click the dang egg >.<

Anyone got an Idea ?

*edit2* Ahh, there spawns another one beside the Big one which is always there.
    I was just unlucky with both nests >.<

*edit3* Just found a Egg, and now server down... gmmmbbblll
    Last edited by mmoc204baefcb8; 2012-04-13 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    WoW, thank you for the Guide Swishz...

Anyone got an Idea ?
    When I go to the nest there was two eggs and only one was clickable.

The egg I clicked on was the one on the left side of the nest while facing it as shown in the picture

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find either of these nests. Went to both coordinates and found nothing.

In fact, it doesn't look like the area that was in beta. Guess it didn't make it in? (one by bridge)

Edit again: Apparently patch 1.2a broke it.... servers back down again.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-04-13 at 02:33 PM.

There has been a little bit of progress on the Tauntaun pet from Hoth.

A few players on the official forums reported killing Gargath, the world boss at Clabburn Tundra on Hoth and getting a tauntaun pet. There is still another tauntaun pet believed to exist due to an item that used to drop in beta, and which was hinted at being added back in.

The location of another of the new eggs has been determined as well

The mysterious egg drops from the last boss in the Hardmode of the new flashpoint Lost Island. It gives the Orosquab pet, which is a blue parrot. It's hatched by the same means as the unusual egg.