Avatar- Legend of Korra. Awesome MMO idea?

I just watched the 2 episodes of legend of Korra, and have been a huge airbender fan for the longest time.

The universe just screams "MAKE ME AN MMORPG DAMMIT". 4 elements = 4 classes, you could probably sub spec for more. Earth -> Metal Bender, or Water -> Blood bending. The new arena game they have (pro bending) just sounds like a competitive arena ladder waiting to happen.
    She even has a Polar beardog Epic Mount. Sky Bison Flying mounts.

Raids can fight old enemies like Firelord Ozai and Princess Azula.

Just saying

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm aside from the raid bosses sure get the new ones that come with the show

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it could become an MMO however it would be aimed towards the younger children imo. Then again one can argue how will children pay for an MMO subscription.

Let me start by saying I'm a big fan of the Avatar series (and geeked pretty hard when they announced Legend of Korra), but I think it would not be successful as an MMO, maybe just a standard game for the xbox/pc, but that's all I can see for it (at most).

It'd be a pity to aim it at children. It could go with WoW's route of bright graphics but have pretty deep gameplay. The show itself reflects that. Its storylines are pretty mature despite being a kids show.

Deleted
    Unless you make a mature version with blood, fighting and stuff I don't see it happen. Remember, even though the story is amazing...the main target is young children, hence why their close to no blood or killing in the show.

How would you see end gaming? Their isn't enough lore/races/creatures at the moment (atleast not that we know off).

Gonne watch the second episode tonight. (I had to download for 6 hours to get my hands on the first episode in 720p xD)

It's like pokemon:

It has ridiculous potential for an mmo, but like it or not it's probably not going to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I just watched the 2 episodes of legend of Korra, and have been a huge airbender fan for the longest time.

The universe just screams "MAKE ME AN MMORPG DAMMIT". 4 elements = 4 classes, you could probably sub spec for more. Earth -> Metal Bender, or Water -> Blood bending. The new arena game they have (pro bending) just sounds like a competitive arena ladder waiting to happen.
    She even has a Polar beardog Epic Mount. Sky Bison Flying mounts.

Raids can fight old enemies like Firelord Ozai and Princess Azula.

Just saying
    Great idea!
    But I would consider it as 5 classes. Because, don't forget the people that can't bend, I mean, some are swordmasters!
    "Sub Spec" to non-bender could be to choose weapons? Sword, axe? (Okey, I don't know, perhaps too much violence if swords and etc was in the game...)

Never heard about this franchise. It must be very popular.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Never heard about this franchise. It must be very popular.
    As a whole, though speaking of the original run in particular, it may be the best animation to come out of the US, full stop. I avoided it out of teenage arrogance when it was fresh and was pissed at myself as I powered through the original series. Korra is good, for the most part, but the original is plain phenomenal.

Korra's tie in game was passable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.