Poll: CC for Discipline.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Discipline Crowd Control.

I know, MoP is coming around the corner with a bit more of CC for us.

And no, i am not crying for it or anything close, i know my class, been playing it for some years and i barely have any real trouble against any class. I know how, when and which spells to fake cast.

Yet, i would like to know some thoughts about this matter.

All the specs but Discipline have a way to interrupt your casts in a really low cd and some of them can do that and even polly or get you out of combat with, again, a really low or non cd at all. Resto druids, Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins, tho the last ones might be the ones closest to our matter.

A discipline priest has a fear every 30 seconds (27; 4sb) which we totaly have to save for a proper moment, like a time to stop "their" healer or taht time when we really have to get ride of that nasty rogue on our back! Yet, some classes like warriors are "basically immune" to fear effects, not to mention that it ofc breaks if you damage your target.

So again, it's fine, i really don't have much trouble with it as i'm used to it but, wouldn't it be great if we had got any extra source of interrup (like shamy shocks) or snare (like druid roots [i know we'll get something like that])? Still, with the current MoP build, we have to choose ONE out of three CC spells, and one of them is our current (but revamped) Mind Control.

So that's it. I just think that it would be fun to have any other source of control over our target. We really have some cool and really powerful defensive CD's.
    About those DPS who think that healers are OP in pvp i have a question. Why would it be fair that you could easily beat a healer? Thne we, healers, would ask for a nerf against you, and so on. I think healing is totally fine in PvP, it's supposed to do that, just learn to "get ride" of that healer

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical Rbg or BG. Every team targets priest first because 1) we wear cloth 2) we can mana burn. There are addons galore that allow you to see the full opposing team composition (e.g., battleground targets), so they can find us easily. Then there is "Kill all Healers" and other addons which put an x above your head and ding when you are targeting the healer. Pair these with assist macros that ensure that everyone is destroying the same priest (or other heals).

These macros/addons are mandatory for every rbg group that I have encountered. The result is this: Priest steps into field, and everyone has priest targetted. Priest dies instantly. Priest rezzes. Priest dies again..instantly. Now yes, of course we can work around this by being super sneaky, begging for peels until someone listens etc. But ultimately, every healer dies in sequence, starting with the priest.

So this is the solution cc that I propose: one that also benefits the whole team so it suits the priest style

Confusion - A spell that works like Mass Dispel, except every enemy in that radius that is focusing an opposing player automatically switches targets to another opposing player, selected at random. This effect is instant, and enemy players are still able to target as usual following this effect.
    I chose to make it about enemy players so that healers don't get confused (as long as they are targetting their team mates), but this could be changed too.

What this spell would do is take the pressure off of us (or team mates such as a flag carrier). If we are being focused and killed by 7 players for example, cast confusion, and those 7 players are now attacking different players at random (even if one still randomly targets you, it'll still one or two people vs 7 all on you). All they would have to do is switch targets to find you again, but this would give us that second of breathing room to heal up, hide, or get the peels that we need.

another more powerful option because all enemies will no longer be attacking anyone -
    confusion- forces players to target members of their own team

-in PVP this will just give a forced change of target, exactly like the other version. They won't be able to attack their team mates, they will just be forced to find and re-target the enemy. It would be crazy OP for them to attack their own teammates, so I don't suggest that unless it's very brief.
    -in PVE - - the enemies will attack each other for a short duration, or if that's too hard to balance, they can run back and forth and do nothing for a few of seconds, relieving pressure off of those targeted. Or perhaps a combination of the two. It would be great to see adds running in circles, occationally hitting each other. You see this in a lot of roleplaying games, and it has always been a fun mechanic.

That's my contribution, let me know what you think
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-04-13 at 09:42 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice ideas.

We are having some kind of spell that allow us to be untargetable for about 3 seconds. I can't remember it's name but it's the closest thing i can think of close to your idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Nice ideas.

We are having some kind of spell that allow us to be untargetable for about 3 seconds. I can't remember it's name but it's the closest thing i can think of close to your idea.
    Yeah i remember something vaguely like that. An addon to a talent I believe, but it's not updated. It prevents ranged attacks for 3 seconds following the effect (perhaps part of phantasm?). I'd have to read it again, but from what i remember it's just a pleasant side effect of an ability that only effects the priest. I like the potential of confusion when assisting other players as well (say...a flag carrier near death, or a healer on your team who is being targetted). It would help us to compete better with non-cloth healers in battlegrounds, who i find are often desired more in PVP. It would also (albeit briefly) counterbalance those targetting addons, which have gotten out of hand.

I actually like the confusion idea. Fits priests shadow perspective quite well imo.

I think it could some more tweaking but that's blizz (or you!) job