Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    They would need to go back to the old system where 25 man is considered heroic and 10 man is normal

but that would mean we would have LFR>10man>25mannormal>10heroic>25heroic

5 raid tiers i cant see happening
    You solved it already, get rid of 10 heroic (nobody does that) and 25-man normal is replaced by LFR

25-man LFR, 10 man Normal, 25-man Heroic

Eliminate requirement to do normal mode for 25-man Heroic - let those guilds get in on day 1

people all ways say "Simply put each person in 10 man has more responsibility than in a 25 and yet the 25 man raid was rewarded with better gear" and this is total bull shit 10man has 2 tanks 25man has 2 tank so same for both healers have 7/25 or 3.57 people to cover in 10man with 3/10 it is 3.33 people to cover for both i used the high end so 25 wins now for dps that is the only one that can win but the health value is not the same so you cant even give it to one or the other so the quote.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt that they would split the loot as they have previously done prior to Cataclysm for two reasons.

First, I really can't see Blizzard putting in the time or effort in creating separate boss drops for 10 and 25 man. They'll pull the resource card like they always do and say it's not possible or that they don't think it's feasible etc.. etc..

Second, legendary items. Blizzard really dropped the ball in Cataclysm on how they are obtained to the point where they are no longer 'rarities' but rather 'lets see how many we can get' in both 10 and 25m. I suspect some (a lot?) in the community would be up in arms if it went back to the previous model where only the best of the best had access to them in a 25m environment while 10 man gets the shaft.

I'm all for the idea of scrapping both for a unified 15m lfr/reg/heroic system though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Both lockouts + loot should go back to the Wrath way of doing things.

Wotlk worked i think having the same gear on both would not destroy the game and is better then the normal wotlk and the shit it is now.

15man could work but then you need to make all fights need 3 tanks 3 healers and i don't like that if you are going for the scale thing.

every one wont like it but the key is to get more to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    You solved it already, get rid of 10 heroic (nobody does that) and 25-man normal is replaced by LFR

Eliminate requirement to do normal mode for 25-man Heroic - let those guilds get in on day 1
    Uhhhh. #3 on WoWProgress for T13 is a 10man guild. Lol.

If they were to do it, do shared gear, bigger loot tables and the following lockout setup:

LFR - Lockout 1
    10man/25man NORMAL - Lockout 2
    10man/25man HEROIC - Lockout 3

Gear farm gogo.

I don't mind shared lockouts. What's really needed to revive the 25 raiding scene is incentive to do it in the first place. Meaning separate loot from 10s -_-

Deleted
    No, thank you. I don't want to be forced to do even more WoW, let alone being forced into doing 25mans for the hard content assuming it would be harder.

In short, 10mans + 25mans + LFR = No thanks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    No, thank you. I don't want to be forced to do even more WoW, let alone being forced into doing 25mans for the hard content assuming it would be harder.

If your being forced to raid then you need to take a long look at your life. Any issues you have with your raid group is a personal problem and needs to be solved by you. It is not a game or Blizzard problem.

Personally, I like the idea of them splitting up raids again. Only because after clearing DS for the week and othrer random raids I usually do for transmog or fun I don't have much else to do. Having separate lockouts gave me lots to do in wrath and always kept me busy. But splitting the lockouts could cause more problems than any good it would do so meh, idk.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post

The entire majority is doing 10 mans now, Some killed their own 25 top guilds within the entire world to do 10 mans why? Because there was no incentive to do it. Of course most of the majority is doing it however 25 man is still well

Considered king in terms of races and such.

However you saying [NOBODY DOES IT ^^!!!] Really irked me pretty hardcore

Removing the shared lockout is pretty much the same as saying "I want more chances to get gear each week". Lots of people want opportunities to do other things, either in game or IRL. Why don't we just get right to the core of the desire here. Just double the loot drops! I mean, that's what you really want, right? That way you get more chances to gear plus 3+ hours each week to do other stuff.

Anyway, I don't think it's gonna happen. I think Blizz has said quite a few times that they like where the shared system is.

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post

LFR is in no way required after you've got the pieces you need. It's just an option. Probably the ONLY optional one if they didn't share a lockout.

I wouldn't mind seperating the lockouts again, as long as they work like LFR does now. That means you can only get loot from each boss once per week on either 10 or 25. That could still have the issue of 10man guilds feeling they need to get a bunch of friends to do a 25man to get more gear for their main characters so they can progress faster.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Wrath was a good old burn out festival. The shared lockout is the only thing that makes competitive raiding reasonable. 10 man raiding is a big deal and needs to have legitimacy, which it had not in Wrath. In my opinion the raiding model got better and better with each xpac. After vanilla they realised 40 was not a useful size, too many afkers and slackers in the raid. After TBC they realised sizes should stay the same so teams can clear all content in an xpac, after wotlk they realised a dual lockout system was a bad idea, and now they realise one size of raiding would be optimal. I do not see them taking a step back in this ladder.

Also Blizzard only stated they will review the current model to see if it still is what they want. Do not read too much into it.

Since when Blizzard decided to have 10/25 for shared content, since when Blizzard decided to have something called heroic difficulty raid boss..

It is already on its way to a dead end..

Seriously TBC is the expansion most classic yet best raid mode system. I would say a mixture TBC mode+ hard mode like Uldar +LFR is more likely to work.

But most 10man raider/guilds will go mad with this properly. Like what was said, it is already in a dead end, and it will be a pain in the ass to get out from this.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    i don't think you remember what guilds did back then.
    do 10man for gear, do 25man for higher gear, go back to 10man steam-roll it with 25man gear get end boss gear, go back to 25man with 10man end boss gear and steam roll it.
    it also happened with cata's first tier cause certain bosses were easier on one of the settings(aka Hal'akir being cake in 10man and Hnef being cake on 25man).
    I do remember and enjoyed it but no one HAD to do both. It was an option.

Deleted
    Yeeeeeeeeeeees! WTB 2 Different lockouts with 2 different achievs and 2 different sets of gear!

Its the only way to stop 25 mans dieing.

Everyone keeps saying they have to. I even sall the argument that min/max MAKES you on page 2. Give me a break you're letting others pressure you into gaming a certain way.
    Play the game the way you want to play. If you want to just raid in 25's than just DO 25's the fact that 10 mans are on a seperate lockout would litteraly change nothing for you. Unless you decided on say a friday oh it would be fun to go goof around with friends in there.
    Stop letting others control the way you play jeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Everyone keeps saying they have to. I even sall the argument that min/max MAKES you on page 2. Give me a break you're letting others pressure you into gaming a certain way.
    Play the game the way you want to play. If you want to just raid in 25's than just DO 25's the fact that 10 mans are on a seperate lockout would litteraly change nothing for you. Unless you decided on say a friday oh it would be fun to go goof around with friends in there.
    Stop letting others control the way you play jeesh.
    If your in high ranked guild, that will never happen, you would have to raid both as every other guild would to get that advantage, if you didn't you would fall behind. Blizzard simply should make separate achieve's for 25m/10m for a start, that would go a long way to satisfying a lot of 25 raiders and allow for the whole 10 vs debate to settle a little as you would be competing with your raid size not with smaller/larger raid sizes. But I think the main problem is that so many guilds have gone to 10m which is understandable, its much easier content wise in general, easier to manage and easier for players to come and go raid wise as it requires much less to set up raids, but 25s have lost there incentive really. The notable thing is whether the game would die community wise if 25m's were removed? I know several servers that in t11 had 3-4 25m guilds, communities/rivalries existing between them for years, yet since there gone 10m's have filled the space and the server is jsut dead 90% of the time after contents been cleared.