Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How hard to burst tendon in one go?

Hello guys, me and my guild working on spine hc. We are doing around 6-6.5 mil ( close to 70%) damage on first lift on first tendon with personal cds used.
    And i was just wondering think we would be able to burst it down in one go if using BL and pots?

PS: I know its not a must for the kill but i think really helps with the fight if we could pull it off, right now having some issues with bloods/kiting/last tendon etc.

Best we could do so far is doing 76% of its hp in one lift without the best specs. It will probably die in one lift next week with stronger raid debuff thingie. However, getting the proper buffs with as many rets as you can take should do it relatively easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Angy, Arcane mages are better than ret's for spine, just so you know.. but on topic, dont expect it to go down in 1 go, everyone i know is doing it in 2. also if you use BL / pots / personal CD's, what are you gonna do on the 2nd and 3rd plate?

Deleted
    We're getting it to 15% hp without BL and Pots with affliction lock and arms warrior. If they were demo and fury it would probably go down in 1 go.

Deleted
    If you can push a plate in one opening with bl/pots you should do it on the 3rd tendon instead. If you clear a decent amount of bloods on rolls the blood tank doesn't even have to start kiting, we've been doing it this way since the 10% debuff I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    If you can push a plate in one opening with bl/pots you should do it on the 3rd tendon instead. If you clear a decent amount of bloods on rolls the blood tank doesn't even have to start kiting, we've been doing it this way since the 10% debuff I believe.
    Drawback with that is, if you do fail to get it down in one go, all you can tell your healers is, good luck and pray you survive
    The only real gain is one stack less of degradation and arguably a little less bloods, but proper soaking and good dps on algamations to keep on time will be 10 times more beneficial imo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If whole raid would have real spec & reforges for spine i doubt its even hard to 1shot tendon with current gear and nerfs.

It can be done. I remember a video post here on MMO-C a couple of weeks ago, where the guild got all three tendons down in on go each (10 man). However, they two healed it so they had enough dps. I can't remember the name of the guild, however, or what the thread title was sorry.

It should be possible with a 2/3/5 set up, though you would probably need to stack dps a little in this case.

Some taiwan guys already burned a tendron in one phase :B

Quote Originally Posted by Panetale View Post
    Some taiwan guys already burned a tendron in one phase :B
    They actually burned all 3 tendons in one phase.

Deleted
    It's doable, but you generally need a good setup, use 2 healers or be very good to pull it off.

We two healed this fight once, we got two of the three tendons down in one go, the middle one was close but it was too quick for personal CDs to be up again.

A good advice is to get those 90 second CD on use trinkets and use pots and hero on different ones.

Oh, this is with me running as catbear, that helps *a lot* here.

Deleted
    Its not really a viable strat for a first kill imo. Its doable of course, people have already done every single tendon in 1 go. However that's a gimmicky for after you've already killed the fight and wanna have fun with the nerfs. If your DPS are good enough to kill a tendon in a single lift then your raid should be good enough to do the entire fight normally.

For your specific situation, the answer is no - pots and lust won't add that extra 30%. I'm guessing you'll still be ~5-10% short which might be within the range of doable but I wouldn't rely on it. A much better policy would be to figure out why you're having trouble with the bloods and kiting and fix that. For one, why are you kiting? Most 10m strats I see don't bother with kiting at all, its easier if you don't do it imo. A little more detail on your strat would help us help you with suggestions on what to change.

Your DPS are obviously good enough to do the fight with a normal strat, I think there's just issues with your strat itself that could easily result in a kill if changed.

The asian guild that did 1/1/1 made this move

We tryed to copy that strat and it felt it was even hader then 2 tanks 3 healers setup so cant recoment it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    The asian guild that did 1/1/1 made this move

We tryed to copy that strat and it felt it was even hader then 2 tanks 3 healers setup so cant recoment it.
    christ, with like 3 seconds to spare on each. I'm impressed.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

We nuke the first tendon in 1 lift with lust + pots with healers and tanks helping. It's definitely doable and definitely makes the end of the fight a lot easier. It shouldn't be too long (bit more gear and the 20% nerf) before we can do every tendon in 1 lift by 2 healing it and having our Amalg tank in DPS gear.

Our average iLvl on DPS was about 400 and we had a Ret, Rogue, Arcane, Shadow P and Surv Hunter

Do note the Korean guilds play with like 4 ms...which helps a ton for DPS. 1 lift is definitely doable in 10 man right now, but it's still a bit tricky. Should be a lot more viable with 20% next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    My guild (which is actually unable to make it beyond the 1st pop on the 2nd plate) got a bit lucky and nuked the first thing to 36% in the first go without bloodlust, and with some DPS being carried.

It shouldn't be THAT difficult to burst it in 1 go?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    My guild (which is actually unable to make it beyond the 1st pop on the 2nd plate) got a bit lucky and nuked the first thing to 36% in the first go without bloodlust, and with some DPS being carried.

It shouldn't be THAT difficult to burst it in 1 go?
    It wouldn't be THAT difficult with the right setup for it and of course competent DPS. But it's not needed

Well, last night we left the final tendon on 100k hp with bloodlust, so I feel we will kill it in one go next time, as noone really was ready to one shot it, it was surprising we left it that low, as 1 tank and healers didn't dps.