Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    not sure you understand what you're talking about. you make it sound like a hoax and in reality, the naysayers are the ones the video is pointing out.

the point of the video is to make people aware of their cause, people won't care if they're not aware. the detractors say "his army is only a few hundreds" and "he's not the worst person ever" but like i said, they're the ones sitting on their hands usually. they're being called inept, all evidence points to them being inept, they're putting the vid down as a defense mechanism, minimizing what it it's about to save face.
    Not sure if you're aware or not, but the dude who made the Kony 2012 video was caught masturbating in public and vandalizing cars while shitfaced after making millions from the little care packages he was selling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    '

I have about 1100 friends on facebook.....and I saw way too many Kony 2012 shares than I find comforting :P
    I don't have as many...but probably only 20 of my friends show up on my news feed, I get picky about news feed subscriptions >.>

That to put it in forum suitable words there are a lot uneducated people. Not exactly mind-blowing though. People just believe everything if presented in the right format.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could never watch the video, it was too long.

If you can't make a 20 second snippet or have a written copy of what you're gonna say I'm ignoring it, I'd rather read stuff since it's easier to skip bluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The human race has always been stupid and easy to manipulate, it's in our genes. Our emotions and sense of pride, are easily exploited.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

We learned that when people don't research, share on social websites and then donate to a cause they don't know about. The person behind the movement gets drunk, does some drugs and runs around down town San Diego mooning and fappin in public. While the staff says he had a rough week and mentally broke down. While keeping the money to bail the person out of jail and ...

Not sure who was worse, the clueless clicktivists who thought they could make a difference or the cynical jackoffs who act as if brutal third world warlords are made up. I guess what it revealed about the general population is that they're all equally oblivious to the big bad world outside their doors, whether they are dopey or cynical by nature.

Teenage girls on the internet all over the world now think that they're some type of super-cool activist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not sure who was worse, the clueless clicktivists who thought they could make a difference or the cynical jackoffs who act as if brutal third world warlords are made up. I guess what it revealed about the general population is that they're all equally oblivious to the big bad world outside their doors, whether they are dopey or cynical by nature.
    People just can't fathom what happens in other places. It's like drug users not understanding how the illegal drug traffic causes so many violent deaths (creative broomstick uses and faces seared off and stitched to soccer balls) in Mexico, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Not sure if you're aware or not, but the dude who made the Kony 2012 video was caught masturbating in public and vandalizing cars while shitfaced after making millions from the little care packages he was selling.
    Not sure where you heard he made millions from the whole thing (not saying I don't believe it, just that I haven't seen any info on that anywhere), but yeah the guy flipped out. Haven't heard much since it happened, but seems like he had a nervous breakdown; probably couldn't handle all the attention his video had garnered, and all the negative backlash. I know I'd probably get a little testy if I tried doing something positive and it was flipped around by the bitter nerds on the internet.

As for this thread, what it revealed about the general population is that we are fickle and get quickly turned off to something when "everyone" is doing it. Didn't research it? I did, and I had no problem with what they were trying to do with the video: which was to spread awareness so that the U.S. would keep their small, non-combat, force in the area. That's it: nothing more and nothing less. I mean really, did you watch the video? They made that abundantly clear. All the "research" showing the organization to be shady was pretty comical: how dare a group that works to raise awareness of issues in Africa, mostly by making videos, spend most of their money on video-making and traveling. Such evil!

I think the Kony2012 is a good concept.
    The idea of spreading awareness, and it was really well done, but what happend after awareness was spread? They didnt keep the attention of people.
    Also, many people compain about research, and yea, they are mostly right, there was a lots of things that were wrong with that video, and personally I think they should have done better work with it, they would been able to make something happend.
    Also, there are still lots of people actively doing something about Kony2012, its just way less viral. Perhaps it will get more attention after 20th april if people go trough with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the 271 people i've got on Facebook, only 1 person shared the video. I've now got 270 friends.

The rest posted meme's taking the piss out of people sharing it in the masses.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

that we love bandwagoning for what we perceive as a good cause? It's how governments have always gotten support for wars, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    It made me feel better about myself and then go into a deep depression knowing people are so fucking blind and "bandwagony" and made me realize how low the average iq of someone who uses facebook is.

That website is an unbelievable gold mine of resources that you all keep pouring more into, to think something that big and powerful won't be abused and corrupted is a fallacy and I refuse to use it because I don't want to see the latest trend of what its cool to pretend you care about. If I told you the sole use of that website for me I would get perma banned.

Hopefully people learned to not be so easily manipulated

And maybe they'll think twice before they mindlessly spam shit like that just because they think they are actually doing anything helpful.

It's an incredibly lazy and pathetic way of showing that you care. Changing your facebook pic isn't gonna do jack shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    It's an incredibly lazy and pathetic way of showing that you care. Changing your facebook pic isn't gonna do jack shit.
    This, at school we have about 140 people in our year and a clique of about 20 of us who in the meantime of the other 120 doing the whole "OMG A COUNTRY I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IS IN TROUBLE, THATS THE ONE WITH MUGABE RIGHT?" and sharing this video, our private group consisted mainly of Boromir with his head in his hands: "One does not simply destabilize a Ugandan warlord by liking a status"

It really was just a sheep mentality and everyone did it because their friend did. It revealed that although the people at my school are meant to be intelligent, the large proportion are (exhibit 2: When Osama Bin Laden was killed, one girl said "Who's that?").

People are thick, people will remain thick, and there will always be thick people. Nothing you can do except rise above it. However, tears of joy were shed by me and my friends when he was caught masterbating in the street, much to the horror of the other 120 people.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Herp derp I'm an activist because I shared a video I probably didn't even bother to watch.

Deleted
    90% of world's population with access to internet are idiots.

I love how people says one is stupid and uneducated scrub cause we watch a movie about a bad guy.

I think people know when they watched it what was relevant and whats not. It was ONLY made to make suits and tie's think about getting 1 guy killed or jailed. Awarness, and then whatever come out off that goes right down the video-makers pockets, witch anyone should know.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole thing got what it deserved in the newest South Park episode.