Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If you don't have a 50 than you must be perfectly satisfied playing the best levelling experience of any MMO out there, amirite? It's to clawback all those max level players who have unsubscribed with time left on their account, or only just allowed their subscriptions to lapse in the last month or so. Meaning? Subscription meltdown in SWTOR happening after inital sales surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    If you don't have a 50 than you must be perfectly satisfied playing the best levelling experience of any MMO out there, amirite? It's to clawback all those max level players who have unsubscribed with time left on their account, or only just allowed their subscriptions to lapse in the last month or so. Meaning? Subscription meltdown in SWTOR happening after inital sales surge.
    I would think not though. If you can't even stick to leveling on toon all the way to the end I would think you're NOT enjoying the experiencing and keep rolling something new to find what you might like more. I know people certainly don't come on these forums and go "Man, I love leveling all the side quests in Nar Shadaa so much, I rolled 8 toons and stopped everyone right after so I could do it again."

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    Meaning? Subscription meltdown in SWTOR happening after inital sales surge.
    That's certainly possible, but let's not jump to conclusions.

We'll get subscription numbers again at the earnings call in, what is it... May? Then you can do your little happy dance and sing Ding Dong the Witch is Dead if the subs really fell that far.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to insult the game because I'm a sad little boy, good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    I'm going to insult the game because I'm a sad little boy, good day.
    Game developers can't do anything right. They give a free month to the people who avidly play their game... and people NOT playing start screaming that their numbers are falling- its all a ploy to bump up the numbers next month! Also that Bioware is unfair to give it to only 50s.

Bioware changes what they are doing to satisfy everyone... or at least try to. People scream that their numbers are falling.

Endless cycle.

It's Bioware's way of saying, "We know we fucked up with this game and that there really isn't anything to do at max lvl, so here's a free month, please come back! We need you desperately! We're bleeding subs every day and even the new content patch is already looking like a failure! Please don't go! We need you! Please....come....back!"

I've already unsubbed and will not be coming back. Bioware has already shown me that they don't have a fucking clue what to do when it comes to MMOs.

Please post constructively without game bashing. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-14 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It's Bioware's way of saying, "We know we fucked up with this game and that there really isn't anything to do at max lvl, so here's a free month, please come back! We need you desperately! We're bleeding subs every day and even the new content patch is already looking like a failure! Please don't go! We need you! Please....come....back!"

I've already unsubbed and will not be coming back. Bioware has already shown me that they don't have a fucking clue what to do when it comes to MMOs.
    Lol so you saying that every other MMO has a lot more to do at max lvl. Go and wake up because all MMO's at max lvl are the same (gear gind, pvp grind, rep grind/dailies). So please put your glasses on, maybe then you will see that endgame in MMO's are exactly the same.

Oh and did you clear the new ops on hm and lost island on hm. Did you obtain your war hero gear and did you bought the new relic for 200 daily commendation.

So for all the trolls saying no content please have a closer look at any MMO

I think they have changed it slightly and now if you have got to legacy level 6 but dont have a level 50 you get the free 30 days aswell

You announce, You excite, You Rise, You Soar, You Peak, You stumble, You catch on fire, You crash, You free Fall. Every "Wow" killer mmo of the past 5 years.

Keep it constructive. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-14 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SickofSarah View Post
    You announce, You excite, You Rise, You Soar, You Peak, You stumble, You catch on fire, You crash, You free Fall. Every "Wow" killer mmo of the past 5 years.
    Funny how the only people I ever see calling it a wow-killer are people attacking it for not being a wow-killer.

This is the type of thing that should be posted on their forums over and over and maybe the players like the OP will get their 30 days as well. If not that sucks but this is blowback from not having ranked warzones going live like they said they would right up until the patch was going to start. Play however you enjoy but if you didnt hit 50 in over 4 months then you probably wouldnt have been effected by no ranked warzones until it actually does go live.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 03:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by razma View Post
    I think they have changed it slightly and now if you have got to legacy level 6 but dont have a level 50 you get the free 30 days aswell

If you are going to start adding in multiple ways to get it why complicate it with random numbers and just make it ppl that have been subbed for x amount of days/months. If you have 5 50s or 5 lvl 5 toons but have paid all that time you are just as good of a customer and in some ways better since you pay but dont play and eat up resources.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

All you do is come to the SWTOR forums and say how much the game sucks when you aren't even playing. How do you know? How is your opinion better than ours when you obviously don't even know what is going on within the game you're bashing? You're mad because they gave a free month to the players who want to play their game? How is that begging for subscriptions? I would've been subbing again regardless. This was just like a 'thank you' from them in my opinion and I'm happy. Blizzard would never do that. They only gave out free time when their servers were unplayable for 3-5 days during Vanilla, and even then it was only a free day.

Deleted
    This sounds hilarious. Who possibly thought this was a good business plan? Yet another feather in the cap for SWTOR haters, and a well deserved one. This ''loyalty reward'' is shockingly bad.

Mod warning. You have to expound upon your comments otherwise it isn't constructive criticism and is just an insult. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-14 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    This sounds hilarious. Who possibly thought this was a good business plan? Yet another feather in the cap for SWTOR haters, and a well deserved one. This ''loyalty reward'' is shockingly bad.
    How is this shockingly bad? If Blizzard did it I am sure you would be like 'See? This is how a game company should treat their players!'

Not to mention Blizzard gave everyone a free 80 basically to try to grab a few players back.

They are giving a free month as a thanks for being a faithful subscriber. They didn't give it to everyone- they gave it to those who have put in the time to play their game. So you're getting mad because a developer is giving out something free? How come you're not mad at Blizzard? With all the free shit they're throwing out- to your logic- that should look even more bad.

I'm tired of people jumping into threads and bitching about things they do not understand. This just goes to show that people will complain about ANYTHING. They complain that they don't get the month. Once they get it, they complain that it shows the 'game is dying' when in actuality the game is thriving.

Wait... biggest starting subscriber base in MMO history what? Yeah your points are flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    How is this shockingly bad? If Blizzard did it I am sure you would be like 'See? This is how a game company should treat their players!'

Not to mention Blizzard gave everyone a free 80 basically to try to grab a few players back.

They are giving a free month as a thanks for being a faithful subscriber. They didn't give it to everyone- they gave it to those who have put in the time to play their game. So you're getting mad because a developer is giving out something free? How come you're not mad at Blizzard? With all the free shit they're throwing out- to your logic- that should look even more bad.

I'm tired of people jumping into threads and bitching about things they do not understand. This just goes to show that people will complain about ANYTHING. They complain that they don't get the month. Once they get it, they complain that it shows the 'game is dying' when in actuality the game is thriving.

Wait... biggest starting subscriber base in MMO history what? Yeah your points are flawed.
    So what that it had the biggest starting subscriber base ? It just means that people were expecting alot from it, and if that subsciber base declined, it will mean that Bioware failed to meet those expectations.
    The higher you get, the more painfull your fall will be.

Blizzard had their own way to reward "loyal" customers - aka Annual Pass: 60$ game for free, exclusive in-game mount for free and a shot at MoP Beta. Just because people twisted the original idea to have a "demo" of MoP and then cried when they didn't get in on day 1 was their problem.

Back to SWTOR ......
    Free month ONLY for players with a level 50 character was a bad idea. Period.

There are people who put as much of their playtime into leveling different toons as people who got a single char or more at level 50. Because that's how they roll, enjoy the storyline in class quests.

Now it's better, as people with Legacy level 6 will get a free month aswell - which is not that hard to get, but still ...... people who haven't played as much, but kept their subscription up and running for the whole time deserve that free month aswell - after all they paid as much as others, funding the salary of Bioware emplyees.
    Last edited by rad586; 2012-04-14 at 01:38 PM.

I feel this is getting out of hand, and I'm sorry for starting this thread.

And with the changes to it, I am happy. Although I do feel bad for people in a similar boat that don't have legacy level 6 or a level 50.
    The point of the original post was that why should only level 50's get it when other people may have had subscriptions since the get go, but because of restrictions or they have different play styles (Multi level characters). Should they not get it. But it's changed now. And I feel there doesn't need to really be more discussion anymore haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    So what that it had the biggest starting subscriber base ? It just means that people were expecting alot from it, and if that subsciber base declined, it will mean that Bioware failed to meet those expectations.
    The higher you get, the more painfull your fall will be.

Blizzard had their own way to reward "loyal" customers - aka Annual Pass: 60$ game for free, exclusive in-game mount for free and a shot at MoP Beta. Just because people twisted the original idea to have a "demo" of MoP and then cried when they didn't get in on day 1 was their problem.

Back to SWTOR ......
    Free month ONLY for players with a level 50 character was a bad idea. Period.

There are people who put as much time into leveling different toons as people who got a single char or more at level 50. Because that's how they roll, enjoy the storyline in class quests.

Now it's better, as people with Legacy level 6 will get a free month aswell - which is not that hard to get, but still ...... people who haven't played as much, but kept their subscription up and running for the whole time deserve that free month aswell - after all they paid as much as others, funding the salary of Bioware emplyees.
    Actually, the annual pass was a way to get people to subscribe for a YEAR. So for that straight year, they can say that person is playing even if they only got it FOR Diablo III and its beta. You realize that is a lot worse than what Bioware did. Blizzard gave away one of their other games for free in order to 'bump' their subscription number. Around 10 people in my guild in SWTOR got it just for D3 and its beta, but they don't play WoW.

You can twist and turn any story. The game is doing well and for some reason you hate to admit it. I don't understand why people feel threatened that the game is doing well.

1.2 was a success. My server went from Low to Heavy overnight. I just logged on to check at 8am and there were over 100 people on fleet. From what I can see in general chat is everyone is excited for the game and their hopes in Bioware have increased.

A successful MMO means more competition for other developers- which means much better content will be released. I personally wouldn't want to be stuck in Dragon Soul for another 10 months like I was in ICC... that is because Blizzard can get away with anything because their subscribers have no where else to go.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This thread has veered way off topic. Thread is now closed. For those interested as long as you have legacy level 6 by April 24th(?) you will receive the free month.