Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    BGs currently have very little to do with being Alliance or Horde, the team with the most undergeared people loses. It's very dishearting to get into a 10 or 15 man BG and see 4-5 of your team in greens or PvE gear as they're simply dead weight. I seriously hope Blizzard fixes this in MoP.

honestly its mostly the lack of healers and alliance don't bg as much as horde after they are geared idk why its just what I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aheroarises View Post
    Horde never wins AV.You sir are probably the WORST and I mean WORST player in WoW to loose AV as Alliance.
    I am Horde and I have more than 50% wins in AV, so that is a myth. Copied from my armory:

Alterac Valley battles 720
    Alterac Valley victories 416

it evens out if you just do enough. 50/50, or 40/60 at worst is what you'll encounter if you do enough bgs.

Honestly, it depends on your server. In my server, I have a 90 % win rate as an Alliance for WSG and Arathi.

Depends largely on the battlegroup. In EU i know of two battlegroups, one i forget the name of - but Horde almost always ends up losing, the other being Blackout and Alliance tends to lose the majority of games. BGs Win/loss ratio are a terrible thing to judge, as the majority of games lost from what i can tell, is normally down to healers or lack of healers. One side has better healers or more? They win. Certainly not fun to enter a bg, see that the other team has the optimal amount of healers and your own side has none.

Horde never wins AV.You sir are probably the WORST and I mean WORST player in WoW to loose AV as Alliance.
    Not true at all. At least in EU, the Horde French and German servers (that are often put against us English speaking realms) are legendary for going full defence and turning every AV game into a reinforcement game, and winning. Not surprisingly, Alliance never adjust their game plan in these matches to counter this.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

i'm on thunderlord and have gone weeks, WEEKS without a win. i simply haven't done BGs since last xpac. i couldn't tell u what tol barad is like beyond the run from zone-in to BH. i dont' bother. alliance can't win more than one out of 10, if that. it's pathetic. previous xpacs, i'd gear my toon to TOP resilience/gear, using honor/arena points, and it wouldn't make a difference. yes, i'd be top dmg/KBs/performer, but having one person out of 10/40 doesn't win the battle, and it's an extreme waste of my time. if i can't win 75%+ with the effort i put in, i won't bother. and from what i've seen, when i put in effort, i put in more effort than 95%+ of the general player base. so i'm willing to sacrifice 20%. hopefully that makes sense. oh well, to each their own. and to alliance, they lose.

Deleted
    ah these threads give me fits. I play Horde and Alliance characters on Stormrage-EU, Cyclone BG. I only do random BG's with these. On both, with a proper sample size, I'm about 50/50 in W/L, except on my Alliance Holy pala and my Horde Resto shaman who win over 70%.

There *is* no difference and any perceived advantage is, exactly, perception and the result of poor sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    BGs currently have very little to do with being Alliance or Horde, the team with the most undergeared people loses. It's very dishearting to get into a 10 or 15 man BG and see 4-5 of your team in greens or PvE gear as they're simply dead weight. I seriously hope Blizzard fixes this in MoP.
    I have full cataclysmic, however I frequently BG in my 410 pve gear as frost or fire and absolutely dominate.

I play both Horde and Alli on Antonidas server and both sides lose, just depends on which team is better (except for AV which can be lost by dumbasses not protecting the caps).

10+ Year Old Account
    on my server alliance outnumbers horde and generally owns pvp whatevers. pve wise it's generally alliance who's top guild on the server. in the battle group though op's stats as alliance would be considered impressive. if it's a BG weekend then maybe we'll come close to breaking even but at every other point in time horde wins by at least 3-1 i'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I have full cataclysmic, however I frequently BG in my 410 pve gear as frost or fire and absolutely dominate.
    Killing people in greens is hardly dominating. Meet someone in full pvp gear, and you get steamrolled. I've yet to see a single person in full PvE gear be a contribution to team beyond being a middle hero and ganking people but hey maybe you're the exception to the rule I can't really judge that. Just like not all people in PvP gear in PvE are bad, just most are.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-04-14 at 10:34 AM.

Killing people in greens is hardly dominating. Meet someone in full pvp gear, and you get steamrolled. I've yet to see a single person in full PvE gear be a contribution to team beyond being a middle hero and ganking people but hey maybe you're the exception to the rule I can't really judge that. Just like not all people in PvP gear in PvE are bad, just most are.
    Well, to be honest I still use the pvp trinket and cloak for spell pen. I also have my pvp/pve gear sets bound and change based on the situation I'm going into. I just find that more often than not I can stay in the pve gear and be better than fine.

As fire in pve gear positioning is key, if available, I keep a wall of people between the enemy and myself, I also tend to stick to max range so I can blink out the first sign of a hunter and come back when he's distracted.

As frost I just do whatever I want and nobody seems to attack me as long as someone else is around. Guess they assume I'm wearing pvp gear.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-04-14 at 10:50 AM.

This thread is well, kinda strange. Lately everyone in my guild and server complains all day that horde never wins, I was actually expecting something explaining why the alliance is winning more.

I havent been pvping a lot lately (got kinda burned out after reaching 250k hk's) but overall Horde wins more in my statistics (theres some error in this as i have left bg's were I will clearly lose, but never one that im sure will win :P )

AV- 707 battles, 419wins
    AB- 790b, 537 w
    BFG- 217b, 144w
    EOTS- 734b, 534w
    SOTA- 714b, 416w
    TP- 229b, 164w
    WSG- 794b, 552w
    IOC- 388b, 256w

I struggled with this issue on both sides. I was alliance then horde then alliance etc etc. Swapped realms/battlegroups etc.
    Imo its just bad luck. Couple months ago i won loads more on my alliance toon, then my horde toon on a different realm and battlegroup. But now it looks like my alliance battlegroup suddenly had a mental breakdown and 'everyone' sucks donkey balls.
    Ofcourse there is a occasional match that is outstanding. Good teamplay, ppl listen etc.

Sometimes it also helps to take charge. When i really want to win, and people arent full of themselfs and actually listen, we have a pretty good chance to win.
    Like yesterday in WSG. I joined a game that was busy, alliance had 0 flags, horde had 2.
    I mounted, saw almost every alliance + horde on mid. I run to the flag room, sneak pass everyone, and cap.
    Now someone joins me, he gets the flag, i protect him, healer joined us. We cap the flag and win.
    And all that in like 4-5min.

So its not impossible and i dont think Alliance sucks overall.

What i noticed being the trend nowadays on alliance. Every BG i join, right at the start, people are already flaming each other.. About losing streaks, bad gear, bots etc etc.
    THIS IS REALLY BAD FOR THE TEAMPLAY/SPIRIT/MOTIVATION in case you havent noticed \

Hope this makes any sense.

tldr; Some battlegroups favor alliance, some horde. People switch realms because of this, thus making the advantage of the one side less and less.. It will constantly be on the move i think.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 01:06 PM ----------

Also sometimes i cant help the feeling to agree with the OP. 2 weekends ago if im right it was EOTS call to arms. As i just dinged 85 on my alliance rogue i spammed the hell out of eots. After losing A LOT and busting my head against the table, i checked my stats.

EOTS battle played: 60
    EOTS victories: 0

/sob

Deleted
    The opposite is happening for me recently, i see alliance win a bit more. Alliance used to lose about 70% of their bg's, and more recently it is closer to 50%. So maybe it is just your battlegroup, or maybe you found a lot of cross realm premades. Also your sample size is so small, not really telling much,,

Deleted
    I do bg's for some hours every week, and I find myself winning more often than losing. Although the win/loss ratio is not too far from the suggested 50/50 above. But I do also never go alone, the key is to bring friends.

My statistics:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153

This.
    It worth nothing if you have a skill but rest of your party can be oneshotted by good geared people. Also damage is too high in wow pvp.

Deleted
    Here, just to show my stats, as Alliance player:
    -total bgs played 1189
    -total won 606
    -WSG played 628 - won 393
    -AV played 123 - won 71
    -AB played 229 - won 108
    - BfG played 12, won 6
    - Eots played 89, won 40
    - SotA played 62, won 34
    - TP played 8, won 6
    - IoC played 74, won 43

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I have a 60% winrate on my horde chars in AV