Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I lost 10 pounds in 2 days... recreational things that make your appetite go away. 5'10 153lbs to 143lbs.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    I lost 10 pounds in 2 days... recreational things that make your appetite go away. 5'10 153lbs to 143lbs.
    98% of that weight is most likely body fluids....which you'll probably gain back instantly once you eat and drink normally for 2-3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    i wouldnt call the industry a scam since everyone's body and metabolism is different like you mentioned... I am an ectomorph with high metabolism and small appetite. A lot of people would say I'm gifted but if anything it's worse than being fat for a guy imo
    Really? I love the fact that I'm an ectomorph. muscle building is a bit of a chore compared to most but I can eat anything without gaining weight and when on the correct diet I can build muscle and gain weight and when I do it show. I'm also short at a height of 5'4" so that helps making my gains more prominent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    Weight: 68.15kg
    Height: 170cm

7 weeks 2 days ago I was 72.2kg with a flabby stomach. I've lost 4.05kg over the 7 weeks, doing 0 exercise, literally 0 exercise.

My diet consists of ALL lean meat/seafood/eggs in UNLIMITED supply (yes I can have eat as much as I want, there is no calorie counting) / Vegetables and on having some oats for fibers. I am drinking water/diet-cola/milk etc.

I have 1 cheat day a week, my cheat day is my weighin day on saturday so when I go out or I can eat WHATEVER I want - I use this day to "reset" my body and any "need" for junk I had during the week is quickly ended by this cheat day. My stomach is actually become defined now...for the first time ever...I am loving it. 7 Weeks ago it was just flabby, now my abs are starting to show. WITH ZERO EXERCISE LOL.

I am so loving this stuff. IMO the whole industry is a scam....fact I am losing weight by eating as much as I want and doing 0 exercise is funny as. And I am not an ecto-morph (or w/e its called)....no where near it lol...trust me...be overweight most of my life until now.

I've gotta start lifting again....now I understand why Zyzz guy was always talking about "I DO NO CARDIO LOL"...thought he was trolling...but seems its for real.
    Eating = Weight gain (in fat)
    Hard training (Heart rate 140+) = Best weight gain (muscles) + weight loss (fat)
    Casual training = (Heart rate -140) = Best weight loss (fat) + weight gain (muscles)

Its all about monitoring how much carbohydrates you gain per day average and how much you lose per day average.

To get a trimmed looking body you need to reduce you fat percentage, and you wont lose your flappy stomach from eating with no exercise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, I'm not going to tell you that you're "wrong", but we have given you the warnings. If nothing happens to you, good for you, but your grandparents probably lived off only meats for a long time... but didn't eat a lot of them. People ate meagerly back in those days. There are lots of proven side effects of this diet, and we're just looking out for your best interest. It'll feel good now, but long terms health hazards are a serious concern of this diet.

All the weight you lost was probably muscle...

Oh well, your choice. If you just want a normal body the best way is usually exercise -> stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    All the weight you lost was probably muscle...

Oh well, your choice. If you just want a normal body the best way is usually exercise -> stop.
    Losing muscle on unlimited protein consumption?

Don't think so mate.

4.05 kilograms over 7 weeks 2 days. That sounds about right for fat loss. Considering my stomach has gone from flabby to actually having definition. I don't think you understand by "unlimited" protein. I literally eat as much meats/fish as I want, all lean. Before I started I could grab a chuck of fat from my gut...now it's really hard to do it and it's much much tighter.
    Last edited by primusl0l; 2012-04-14 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You dont "need" to exercise to lose weight, you can do so just by eating healthy. Exercising just makes the weight fall off quicker.. Cardio anyway, you wont lose so much weight just by lifting.
    wrong wrong, and wrong lifting you actually loose more weight
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

im getting lazier and eating more and doing less.. but im not losing or gaining weight though... the actual typing and senses needed to stay awake gives me just enough of a calorie burn to break even with the sugar intake lol.

id switch to diet cola but id rather hang myself.

but good for u for losing weight.

This could still be the effect of your workout so don't think it has made no impact on your body (unless you haven't been working out hard and by hard I mean becoming all red and sweaty/sore). Yes you can lose weight by eating right however you won't build any muscle also it will take longer unless you're going on a high carb diet to gain muscle, you will also gain some fat it's almots impossible to gain pure muscle. If you don't like working out and are happy with how your body looks that's great however remember that eating right alone isn't healthy enough, your body still needs exercise. You could just go jogging 3 times a week it'll be less stressful on your body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    Losing muscle on unlimited protein consumption?

Don't think so mate.

4.05 kilograms over 7 weeks 2 days. That sounds about right for fat loss. Considering my stomach has gone from flabby to actually having definition. I don't think you understand by "unlimited" protein. I literally eat as much meats/fish as I want, all lean. Before I started I could grab a chuck of fat from my gut...now it's really hard to do it and it's much much tighter.
    And?

They're weak muscles, their definition is only coming through because you're running on fat reserves.

That's like saying:"Well we made the car lighter! But we had to take the wheels off."

Exercising stimulates hunger, and if you don't have enough willpower exercise makes you fatter.

Here's a nice long article for anyone interested in the topic: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...914974,00.html

Edit: Before someone jumps on my back, of course exercising doesn't make you fat. Just read the article if you're interested.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-04-14 at 11:16 AM.

You dont "need" to exercise to lose weight, you can do so just by eating healthy. Exercising just makes the weight fall off quicker.. Cardio anyway, you wont lose so much weight just by lifting.
    broscience if i ever saw one.

Lifting(no fuckarounditis exercises here, squats, bench, chins/pull-ups, dips) + lean meals + calorie count + macro managment = superwin of awesomeasfuck.

If you combine all of the above with PSMF/IF, you're gonna get shredded much faster and get healthier rather than from cardio only.

edit: guys, seriously, if you dont know what you're on about, please dont comment and come up with pure misguiding bullshit. It can actually hurt someone or someone's results.

edit #2: Also, http://www.leangains.com/
    Last edited by Aran; 2012-04-14 at 11:17 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Exercising stimulates hunger, and if you don't have enough willpower exercise makes you fatter.

Here's a nice long article for anyone interested in the topic: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...914974,00.html
    I won't click the link, Time is just a trolling tool these days.

But that is true, unless you've a proper diet in both content and timing. If you're prone to snacking, you'd want to alter snacking habits to healthy alternatives, e.g. carrot sticks/seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Its all about monitoring how much carbohydrates you gain per day average and how much you lose per day average.
    Again, not only broscience, it is also a big pan of bullshit. Its like the sales guy at electronics store telling you that the graphics card has A THOUSAND GIGGAHURTZ WITH DUAL PROCESSING GUI INTERFACE.

Carbohydrates? Really? Mass gain is all about calories. If you want to gain MUSCLE, you need to adjust your protein intake to 2-3 grams pr 1 kg body weight. I'm currently 85kg, so that's 85x2 = 170 or 85x2 = 255. I aim for a number in between.

Carbohydrates are energy fillers and combined with protein are a really awesome post-workout.

My personal diet is like this:

Breakfast: protein and some fat. Egg n bacon is awesome, egg and tuna or whatever.

Pre-workout/lunch: some protein, and 30-40% of my daily carb consumption.

Post-workout: lots of protein and the rest of % of my daily carb consumption.

You can adjust these things all ways, depending on the desired results.

You don't "gain carbohydrates per day average". There is no such thing. You use carbs as a re-fuel of energy lost during workouts.

I lift weights btw, I'm not a cardio head. Cardio peeps have a completely different diet and macro management (protein, fat, carbs ratios).

Edit: ALSO: if you are maintaining your diet or "way of eating" the same way as you did when you were working out, the weight loss might continue even though you stopped (for a week or two, its individual). However, that will soon stagnate and stop completely and you will risk gaining fat again.
    Last edited by Aran; 2012-04-14 at 11:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It isn't amazing nor revolutionary that you can lose weight without exercising, it's common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    broscience if i ever saw one.

Lifting(no fuckarounditis exercises here, squats, bench, chins/pull-ups, dips) + lean meals + calorie count + macro managment = superwin of awesomeasfuck.

If you combine all of the above with PSMF/IF, you're gonna get shredded much faster and get healthier rather than from cardio only.

edit: guys, seriously, if you dont know what you're on about, please dont comment and come up with pure misguiding bullshit. It can actually hurt someone or someone's results.

edit #2: Also, http://www.leangains.com/
    The only guy in this thread who seem to know what he's talking about.

The reason you lose weight despite the fact that you eat so much is because your calorie intake < calorie spending. Weight training would be good for you though, if you've ever heard the saying "Abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, not impressive." So while your diet will obviously work for losing fat you should imho still try and visit the gym 3-4 times a week.

Your body needs carbs to function properly. Eating what u are may make u feel good short term but long term can have negative effects. I applaud what u are doing but Id cut down with how extreme it is, get some carbs down u and do some excercise.

Nothing has to be extreme to get results. Just balanced correctly.

Deleted
    Please dont give people the wrong ideas, weight lifting burns more fat than cardio.

And to the OP, you may very well be losing weight but I really doubt you're that "healthy" Exercise is just as important if not more important than healthy eating to be in good shape. Remember being thin / skinny dosent mean you're healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutharr the Dead n Damned View Post
    Your body needs carbs to function properly. Eating what u are may make u feel good short term but long term can have negative effects. I applaud what u are doing but Id cut down with how extreme it is, get some carbs down u and do some excercise.

Nothing has to be extreme to get results. Just balanced correctly.
    Also wrong and a myth, broscience or whatever you call it. There is a "low carb" diet where you cut down on carbs completely, resulting in a protein and fat rich diet. In such diet, your body will use protein for muscle/nerve tissue build/maintenance while fat is used for energy. When your body is done with burning the fat from meals, it will burn fat from fat reserves and/or some protein from your diet, not your muscles.

You dont "need" carbs. They make life easier (as in preparing meals will not be as difficult and less hassle), but they are not mandatory.