Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tiberium Alliances copies tank designs form Warhammer 40k!

It seems that someone in EA's game development team got lazy and googled for tank designs in other games.

http://imgur.com/0kdcz - EA Bombard Tank is the 1995 Baneblade

http://i.imgur.com/oTju1.jpg - EA Grinder Tank is the 1995 Ork Bonecruncha

What do you think about this? Will GW lawsuit EA for using their designs?

After C&C4 I have lost all faith in EA. They ruined this once awesome series...let it rest in peace...

It died once Westwood was dissolved by EA T_T
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

shout out? but yes, very similiar. the aesthetic doesnt really fit the main C&C timeline though
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

That good old armorcast baneblade. Is this the c&c browser game ?

It will be a tough one... They look very much the same... but all EA needs 2 do is change a thing here and there and go... Well they look the same but if u look at this its different and this aswell which would make it not the same thing
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Dunno why people assume thats a baneblade, even though the caste is from Gamesworkshop that is absolutely nothing like the Baneblades described in the books.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dunno why people assume thats a baneblade, even though the caste is from Gamesworkshop that is absolutely nothing like the Baneblades described in the books.
    Well that one is an earlier old edition version. The current one is a bit different, less toy like and more realistic proportions.

10+ Year Old Account
    That grinder tank doesnt really fit C&C wonder why they make it look like that. the baneblade one is simular but thenn again its not like strapping a few extra guns on anny tank doesnt acomplish that by itself

Deleted
    This just reminds me that we'll likely never get a DoW III. *sob*

http://kotaku.com/5901887/ea-says-wa...quer-after-all

I like the badly hidden advertising in that.

Somehow it makes sence. Those tanks were created in 1995, and storywise thats the exact same year that Tiberium came to earth. The Forgotten simply like to use old tanks, and those tanks were available at the time

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Somehow it makes sence. Those tanks were created in 1995, and storywise thats the exact same year that Tiberium came to earth. The Forgotten simply like to use old tanks, and those tanks were available at the time
    Those tanks would be created much, much later than 1995...

15+ Year Old Account
    Well they did win the Worst company of America award (or whatever) for a reason

I was actually suprised EA is more evil than all those companies who destroy families

Deleted
    Well, as long as they don't look like the up to date baneblades, I'm happy

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganathar View Post
    It seems that someone in EA's game development team got lazy and googled for tank designs in other games.

http://imgur.com/0kdcz - EA Bombard Tank is the 1995 Baneblade

http://i.imgur.com/oTju1.jpg - EA Grinder Tank is the 1995 Ork Bonecruncha

What do you think about this? Will GW lawsuit EA for using their designs?
    Games Workshop, now run by a bunch of greedy corporate w"%¤" instead of lovers of the game, will enjoy suing the crap out of EA for every penny possible.
    Infact, I hope they do. Would love to see EA get taken down a peg.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 01:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    Well, as long as they don't look like the up to date baneblades, I'm happy
    It's something I noticed as well. That Baneblade model is really old, isn't it?
    There's only so many version of a tank one can make before one seems to copy someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    It will be a tough one... They look very much the same... but all EA needs 2 do is change a thing here and there and go... Well they look the same but if u look at this its different and this aswell which would make it not the same thing
    Companies do as you described all the time and as GW have managed to produce so many iconic images it's not surprising to see some fairly blatant inspiration being taken from them. However with these tanks the designs are practicaly identical. The Bombard has the exact same shape and layout as the Baneblade with only a few minor changes to the details, such as the shape of gun-barrels, number of view-slits etc.

The Bonecruncha on the other hand is completely identical with the exception of the small melta-gun stuck on the C&C version. Everything else - and I include small details like the number of spikes on the roller, divisions in the metal-grill window, shape and number of armour panels over the tracks, power-cabling over the tracks, "lascannon" style gun barrels - is exactly the same (apart from one being imperfectly made from 1990's era white metal).

It's bizarre because if EA did mean to copy some GW designs they're not so stupid to not change these little things. It's almost as if the designer had all but forgotten about 40k and subconsciously copied the tanks, or maybe they started with the GW designs and meant to change bits around but only got half-way through the Baneblade before someone released images to the public

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I was actually suprised EA is more evil than all those companies who destroy families
    It shows the state of mind for most people on the internet hate-train. Companies profitting from the death and suffering of millions won't phase them, however a company releasing massively popular entertainment is clearly owned by the devil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Games Workshop, now run by a bunch of greedy corporate w"%¤" instead of lovers of the game, will enjoy suing the crap out of EA for every penny possible.
    Infact, I hope they do. Would love to see EA get taken down a peg.
    So... I take it you didn't like the restrictions the company made on selling their products beyond the European Union.

Deleted
    How does this differ from the fact that Blizzard completely ripped off warhammer with warcraft and starcraft in every possible model?

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    How does this differ from the fact that Blizzard completely ripped off warhammer with warcraft and starcraft in every possible model?
    I cant say about Warhammer fantasy but i can say starcraft is a lame ass excuse of a rip off if it is. 40k Space marines would decimate anything in starcraft, not to mention the imperial guard.