Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    BTW, shouldn't this topic be moved to the computer section? He would have had a ton more answers in there.
    Just my personal opinion, but I would like to see the GW2 section primarily about info/pics/vids etc... centered around the game, instead of consultations about hardware.
    That's what I said!
    Well, the first part, but I agree with the second part to.
    This has VERY little to do with GW2, as you're just looking for a 'gaming laptop' in general.
    Like, it has nothing at all to do with GW2, the only 'gw2' related thing is that one of the games you will be playing on it happens to be GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I post trying to help, you shout fanboy, tell me to do more research (When you're the one asking for help) spout nonsense about quality and reliability and complain about prices when you were thinking about buying a Mac, which provide lesser performance for a greater price than any Alienware(Dell), MSI or Asus.

It's not an opinion, the fact is that they try to stop the end user from further customization while other manufacturers not only allow but also encourage the customization of (More specifically, but not limited to) Desktops and other devices.

I'm looking at the broader spectrum of things, the fact that you can get SLI GTX 560m in an Alienware for under £1900 with an 18.4" screen while Macbook Pros start at £2,099 for a 17" Laptop with lesser specs is clearly not alot of bang for your buck so to say.

Feel free to keep biting the hands that feed you, i'm out.
    No, you read fan-boy and feel insulted for no apparent reason. I said I wanted to avoid turning the thread into such things. It's not my fault you had an adrenaline rush and decided to attack me. Why do you feel offended when I tell you to do more research? You should, Apple's (actually Steve Job's) vision on quality products is very interesting!

If you don't agree with me about Apple's quality, it's fine mate, really. But calling it 'nonsense' is putting yourself in an omni-sapient position. Your opinion doesn't invalidate mine. Or viceversa. You keep using the word 'fact' in a inappropriate way. I repeat, you think you know why you can't customize Apple products, but you don't. Read Steve's book, he covers this section in detail.

How can you claim you're trying to help, when you say I 'complain' about prices, when the first thing I said is that I don't have a specific budget.

Now, stop focusing on Apple. I like the design, I said it's hardware doesn't validate acquisition for the purpose it needs to serve. There's no need for you to continue mentioning it.

If you feel I've offended you in some way, I apologize. It wasn't my intent. I was merely trying to help you understand what you read, since it's evident that your anger obfuscated your rational thinking.

I'm going to give the MSI a testrun tomorrow btw. Let's see what it can do
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-04-15 at 04:21 PM.

Well, the 15" MBP with the 6770M should do a reasonable job playing GW2. So will every other laptop with a mid-range GPU. Not on ultra setting probably, but still good quality.

However, I suggest you wait a month or two for the new gen mobile GPUs being released, Apple is supposed to introduce the new MBPs around May as well.

As to the build quality, my experience with Apple has been most positive. I was in a computer store recently, looking at the laptops and they all felt really bulky and ugly compared to the MBP. You can pick up an MBP just holding to the corners of the case and it feels well balanced and sturdy, while most of other laptops start bending and making noises as if they were to fall apart. I hate it a computer starts to budge if I touch it. Of course, this is a subjective thing, but it's also slightly unnerving that major laptop manufacturers start trying to copy MBP looks. I'd rather they push their own designs... but well...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Here's a link, I know googling "best gaming laptops 2012" is hard and all.... http://www.bestgaminglaptop.net/arti...aming-laptops/
    even though we are in 2012, that list is horrible. Many new and upgraded game laptops have been announced in CES 2012. those come out in Q2/Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    even though we are in 2012, that list is horrible. Many new and upgraded game laptops have been announced in CES 2012. those come out in Q2/Q3.
    Why do you think I ignored his trolling reply? Reviews can be useful if you combine them to personal experience from actual end-users.

Thanks again for the new PM's btw guys

By the way, there's a chance the Razer Blade will have the newest nvidia chip upon release. That would make the blade a very interesting choice.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if anyone said this but Arenanet has no plans for mac support. So who knows what trouble you will have down the road with one. Not to say it won't run on a mac I've already heard people have installed the beta and got it to work on macs. This guy used Bootcamp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzNjNh1QZ_I. That being said we do not know how well it will run on a mac in final version or if any update will break compatibility down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone said this but Arenanet has no plans for mac support. So who knows what trouble you will have down the road with one. Not to say it won't run on a mac I've already heard people have installed the beta and got it to work on macs. This guy used Bootcamp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzNjNh1QZ_I. That being said we do not know how well it will run on a mac in final version or if any update will break compatibility down the road.
    Sorry, but your post makes no sense. You do know that macs use the exact same hardware as PC and "bootcamp" refers to natively running windows? If a game runs under windows7 it will run on a modern Mac. There are no comparability issues.