Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    The Shadow Priest Screwjob

    Well, Shadow Priests, we finally see why we lost Divine Hymn. In exchange for a Feral's ability to steal our class-defining ability (Dispersion), we get our Divine Hymn (Tranquility) back temporarily. Not only do they get the better of the swap, but we also lost a baseline class ability so they could. In PvE, you get your Divine Hymn when some Druid feels like you should have it. In PvP, you basically get to take a guaranteed, no-lube ass-raping. Cat gets Dispersion and you get an ability that you can't even use, because casting it will drop your form AND it gets Skull Bashed immediately.

    If you're not pissed, there's something wrong with you.

  2. #2
    Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,177
    It's still beta, and i am 100% confident that because of Dispersion is a key spec ability for Shadow, that they'll iterate on it and change it to something that's not so awkward.
    [...]

  3. #3
    Epic! Arcanimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Posts
    1,599
    So... post it in the feedback threads on the official forums?

    Fairly certain posting a rage thread here does nothing to inform blizzard of an imbalance.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

  4. #4
    Symbiosis does not steal abilities. You will still be able to cast dispersion if you are targeted with symbiosis.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    So... post it in the feedback threads on the official forums?

    Fairly certain posting a rage thread here does nothing to inform blizzard of an imbalance.
    It's rather obvious there is no comparison between the two abilities in Arena. If they actually need this pointed out, the game is ran by incompetent retards.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    we also lost a baseline class ability
    I'm not pissed because you never LOSE anything. You gain tranq (while keeping dispersion), while they gain dispersion (while keeping tranq). I don't know where this idea of "losing" skills came from but nowhere in the description of symbiosis does it say that anyone loses anything.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemaw View Post
    Symbiosis does not steal abilities. You will still be able to cast dispersion if you are targeted with symbiosis.
    I think you miss the point. Priests lost a baseline ability for this crock. I get Dispersion. They get Dispersion. I get Tranquility. They get Tranquility. Tranquility is not used by Feral in PvP, and it certainly won't be used by a Shadowpriest, who has the added benefit of losing 15% damage mitigation and damage to even cast it. The end result is Feral gets one of the best PvP cooldowns in the game and the Priest gets nothing.

    They raped Shadow out of Divine Hymn because they didn't want them running around in Raids with Divine Hymn AND Tranquility. Getting balanced around some other classes new ability is pretty hilarious.

    Instant cast for instant cast imo. I'll take Cyclone tyvm.
    Last edited by tiporispit; 2012-04-14 at 05:36 PM.

  8. #8
    Is OP under the assumption that symbiosis won't let him use dispersion ?

    Just to be clear, the fact that ferals get such an awesome skill as dispersion from shadow priests it's a good thing for you. Means you will get symbiosis more often. BTW Tranquility is superior to Divine Hymn.

    Let me help you focus your rants toward the only part of your argument that makes sense. Shadow priests lost divine hymn. But then again it would get you skull bashed immediately, so you didn't actually lose anything.

  9. #9
    They took away diving hymn so spriests didn't have a 5 person super heal to pop despite the fact that they are dps. Also I don't get why you're angry that a cat can get dispersion. It's not like symbiosis takes away your dispersion. Also your fit about it in pvp makes no sense, symbiosis is ally only I beleive and even if it wasn't it has a 6 second cast.

  10. #10
    I'm not a huge fan of Tranquility as a spell, simply because I don't like being relied on to heal when I am supposed to be DPSing, but I don't see this as a screw job. I would rather get something like Solar Beam, but it's meh either way. We'll be able to function just fine in PVE and PVP, because we won't be balanced around always having a druid put symbiosis on us. Any time we do get it, it will be a bonus. Any time we don't get it, it won't matter. Also, as others have said in this thread, we aren't going to lose Dispersion. It'll just be a bonus spell we might or might not use, or even have access to.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    The end result is Feral gets one of the best PvP cooldowns in the game and the Priest gets nothing.
    You realize they have to be on the same team to get those abilities right? So you're upset that your teammate is getting a good damage reduction cooldown and you get a situational but useful heal that can be used in arena or bg's? the enemy cats cant cast this on you. It's not possible. They got rid of Spriests divine hymn for other reasons. They don't have to balance around symbiosis because its all utility stuff. I'm pretty sure Disc got "shafted" out of Divine Hymn as well. They obviously did that so it would be a holy only spell. Calm down.

  12. #12
    Tiporispit, I think you're under the assumption that Spriest are being balanced around Symbiosis. We aren't. We lost Divine Hymn because our healing would be OP while our DPS would be competitive. Consider, if you will, a priest channeling Divine Hymn and the popping our new VE and CDs. Congrats, you just gained an 11th/26th person in your raid for that time. They are currently working to balance the idea of Healers dealing damage that isn't competitive, and DPSers doing healing that isn't competitive. It's just a nice bonus to have.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    I think you miss the point. Priests lost a baseline ability for this crock. I get Dispersion. They get Dispersion. I get Tranquility. They get Tranquility. Tranquility is not used by Feral in PvP, and it certainly won't be used by a Shadowpriest, who has the added benefit of losing 15% damage mitigation and damage to even cast it. The end result is Feral gets one of the best PvP cooldowns in the game and the Priest gets nothing.

    They raped Shadow out of Divine Hymn because they didn't want them running around in Raids with Divine Hymn AND Tranquility. Getting balanced around some other classes new ability is pretty hilarious.

    Instant cast for instant cast imo. I'll take Cyclone tyvm.

    where does it say anywhere that you will have to shift out of shadow form to cast tranq? You could argue that they didn't add it to the tool tip, but it specifies what each spell will shift you into as the druid.

    Also, there are shit tons of applications for that to be useful outside of 3s. Not everyone pillar humps their way though the entire expansion.

  14. #14
    I can verify that spriest tranq does not shift you out, I was there with Sunfyre when she tested it.

  15. #15
    just a question, do you think you'd be locked out of shadow/holy school if you get interrupted?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    just a question, do you think you'd be locked out of shadow/holy school if you get interrupted?
    Probably not because its a nature spell (might be also why it doesn't shift you out of SForm since it says holy spells (and currently only triggers for holy spells though that can easily change)).

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    The end result is Feral gets one of the best PvP cooldowns in the game and the Priest gets nothing.
    Spriests get one of the best PVE raid healing CD's in the game and you think that's nothing? Riiight... So on top of the new VE (which is the DH replacement for shadow) Spriests will have a second raid healing CD which wont drop them out of form.

    And if you have a feral/spriest pvp comp your partner picks up an excellent defensive CD. That means that your team just got stronger. Which for most people is a good thing.

    But hey I guess some people would rather play a weaker class, or be in raids with fewer healing CDs and weaker arena comps.

  18. #18
    Was thinking, if i'm not wrong dispersion prevents spellcasting, what if its restriction doesn't apply to the melee attacks?

    Invicible kitties assaults?

  19. #19
    Invincible kitties you say

  20. #20
    So to summarise:

    You don't lose Dispersion, you keep it
    Your teammate also gets a valuable defensive cooldown
    Enemy druids can't use it to get dispersion
    You don't get kicked out of Shadowform to cast it
    It's exactly as interruptible as the ability that you're angry about Blizzard "removing" to replace with this one

    Did you have any other points left or has it turned out that you were completely angry about nothing after all?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •