Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Why did they replace my awesome Rogue with some freaky spear-chucking Amazon from the jungle??? It's almost like Diablo II is a different game from Diablo I and has different classes - WTF BLIZ!!?? RAGE!!!

In their own words, the necromancer was already the perfect class, and they didn't want to have to try and outdo themselves in Diablo 3 for it.

Frankly, I agree. The necromancer was amazing. The only way it could ever have been implemented effectively in D3 was if it was almost exactly the same play-wise as it was before, and that's counterproductive to the idea of it being a new game. :P

Also worth noting, however:
    However, for those who are really passionate about the Necromancer, there's still hope to see the class in a "Diablo III" expansion.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-04-20 at 07:08 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    In their own words, the necromancer was already the perfect class, and they didn't want to have to try and outdo themselves in Diablo 3 for it.

Frankly, I agree. The necromancer was amazing. The only way it could ever have been implemented effectively in D3 was if it was almost exactly the same play-wise as it was before, and that's counterproductive to the idea of it being a new game. :P

Also worth noting, however:
    Truer words have yet to be spoken.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    They haven't replaced anyone with anything. It's a new game. There is no Amazon, Paladin, Druid, etc either. If you want to play Necro, play D2.
    Or you know, make a class mod... oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all it's a new game. Secondly I've been a huge fan of the Necromancer in D2 and I must say (although I've not played the Witch Doctor) I find the WD a perfect replacement. It can still fill the role of summoner but it also has more offensive spells. The WD also has a nice flavour and overall looks very appealing. It feels to me as a suiting replacement.

Witch doctor is 100% cooler then the necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Easyprey View Post
    when i first got diablo 2 i choose the necro because of how cool he looked and i have many fond memories dragging around my undead army. i now hear he has been replaced by this stupid looking freak from the jungle... how can anyone feel heroic playing this guy? will blizzard add the necromancer in an expansion pack?????????????
    probably so they can sell you an expac with an amazon and necro or pally and necro. you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Everything in Diablo 3 is stereotypical RPG fare, but to add flavour they changed how classes looked and their lore. Instead of a generic warrior or fighter, you have a Barbarian. Instead of a ranger or amazon, you got a Demon Hunter. Instead of a rogue, assassin or paladin you got a Monk who is into Martial Arts.
    Umm, the monk is an RPG stereotype that's been around pretty much as long as RPGs have been around. That's not "adding flavour" that's "replacing one stock RPG archetype with another". And it's a negative for me, cause I've always hated monks, and would much rather have a rogue or paladin(2 totally different archetypes btw).

Same with Barbarian, really. Most RPGs have barbarian as an archetype or at least a sub-class of the standard archetype(not to mention barbarians were already in D2).

That's actually my biggest problem with D3...out of 5 classes, only 2 appeal to me. In Diablo 2, I had multiples of all 7 classes, I liked some more than others(paladins were my favorite), but ultimately, I liked all 7 classes. In D3, it's unlikely I'll even make one of each of the 5 classes as 3 of them just don't interest me.

Deleted
    Witch Doctor is awesome, I wish you kids would stop complaining about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Witch Doctor is awesome, I wish you kids would stop complaining about everything.
    Witch Doctor is lame, I wish you kids would stop drooling over everything.

See what I did there?

You can think WD is awesome if you want. I am equally free to disagree, as, apparently, are others.

Deleted
    Because voodoo is way more badass then necromancy

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    probably so they can sell you an expac with an amazon and necro or pally and necro. you get the idea.
    Heh, speaking of things I'll severely miss in Diablo III besides the Necromancer.. I'll miss my Javazon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classes change every diablo game...

I have beat the beta*lol* with a WD and found it to be just ok. However necro's at lower lvl's weren't that great either ;]

Deleted
    Voodoo > Necromancy