Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    well actually, i kinda remember they said sylvari have genitalias and are physically able to have sex (doesnt mean they want to but they could for the least), even though they're unable to actually reproduce.

10+ Year Old Account
    OKAY, and also, the conversation of lore here is REALLY off-topic and completely without understanding lore...

So listen to an interview with Ree Soesbee about Sylvari, please, all of you, because y'all need to learn a basic knowledge of the lore... X_X

http://www.wartower.de/artikel/artikel.php?id=651
    Last edited by Rashanda; 2012-06-30 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    OKAY, and also, the conversation of lore here is REALLY off-topic and completely without understanding lore...

So listen to an interview with Ree Soesbee about Sylvari, please, all of you, because y'all need to learn a basic knowledge of the lore... X_X

http://www.wartower.de/artikel/artikel.php?id=651
    lol damn it you beat me to linking it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Nice lore-show. But still nothing about why the Sylvari cannot be corrupted by any of the Elder Dragons =/ which I have been missing a lot -.-

Deleted
    "if you want to take a Sylvari and do experimentation, which the Asura did - these horrible creatures-."

How could you asura? I knew it was right to hate you and want to punt you around.

Here's an armored sylvari I found in LA last beta(seen pics of the armor before but never noticed it was a sylvari)
    Last edited by Findus; 2012-06-30 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    That is a really nasty piece of vegetable/plant/crop thats being held!

Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    That is a really nasty piece of vegetable/plant/crop thats being held!

corrupted potatoes and pineapples make great maces

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    "if you want to take a Sylvari and do experimentation, which the Asura did - these horrible creatures-."

How could you asura? I knew it was right to hate you and want to punt you around.
    I was surprised by this too - for some reason I thought that relations between the Sylvari and the Asura were really good.

Seems my gut feelings about the vermin were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I was surprised by this too - for some reason I thought that relations between the Sylvari and the Asura were really good.

Seems my gut feelings about the vermin were correct.
    The Asura assumed that Sylvari were merely another animate plant creature, and as they had not seen one before they wanted to learn about them. Once they realized that sylvari were actually intelligent and sentient, they apologized and tried to make amends for what they did.

I don't know if that sylvari died later on as a result, but I do know he received extremely severe disfigurements and injuries because of the asura.

Needless to say, not a very... welcoming first contact.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 06:35 PM ----------

They gathered by the Pale Tree, and rain swelled upon her upturned leaves, dripping in slow sparks to the earth below. Her roots cradled the firstborn that lay among them, his body covered in a dark blanket like moss over a grave. Malomedies was only sleeping, struggling against exhausting nightmares. From time to time, he called out, and Kahedins soothed him, placing a damp compress to his forehead in the hope that he would find rest. The healer looked up to the others, face filled with worry.

“Will he survive? Or will he…die? As Riannoc did?” The question whispered in every heart, but it was Niamh that gave it voice.

“The Mother says he will live,” Kahedins murmured, but it was little comfort.

Malomedies had been beautiful, as graceful as a willow kneeling by a stream. Now his face bore the carved scars of ill-treatment, and the branches of his once- iridescent hair had been broken and pruned into splintered, colorless pieces. One leg was withered as if kept too long from the sun, and where his fleshlike bark still clung to the vines of his torso, there were a thousand small holes.

“We must kill them all.” Cadeyrn’s eyes flashed dark gold, and his hand clenched around the hilt of his sword.

“The asura have offered peace. They did not realize that he… They thought he was simply another of the strange plants of the deep Maguuma, mimicking sentience,” Aife told them. “When they realized he was truly aware, they returned him to us.”

“It is not enough! How will Malomedies find peace if he does not take revenge?”

Kahedins stared disapprovingly. “Revenge? Revenge is not our way. Have you not studied Ventari’s tablet?” As the secondborn lowered his head belligerently, Kahedins lectured, “It is written, ‘The only lasting peace is the peace within your soul.’ You should meditate on that, Cadeyrn, and consider its meaning.”

Cadeyrn glanced at Trahearne, whose expression was as black as his own. No soldier would say such things. No one who had ever lifted a blade to stop oppression, or placed themselves in danger to free innocents, would say that revenge was unfitting. If Faolain and Caithe were here, they would argue his side, he was sure of it.

Abruptly, Trahearne looked up toward the spreading boughs. “Yes, Mother,” he answered a whisper only he could hear. Chagrined, the necromancer unclenched his fists. “The Pale Tree says we need to concentrate on our true enemy: the dragons. Every ally will be needed.” Gritting his teeth, Trahearne finished, “We make peace with the asura.”

Cadeyrn was not sure what was more troubling, that Trahearne had given in or that the Pale Tree had spoken only to the firstborn. Following suit, he bent his head. “As the Mother wishes.”
    source: http://www.arena.net/blog/dream-and-nightmare

The wiki uses present tense when referring to Malomedies, so I assume he's still alive.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-30 at 10:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is my character from last BWE http://i.imgur.com/CjPsW.jpg obviously its from Box of Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    ...what? were you expecting something else?
    no, I did not
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Anyone here read Guild Wars: Edge of Destiny? Caithe has sweet lesbian plant secks in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    Anyone here read Guild Wars: Edge of Destiny? Caithe has sweet lesbian plant secks in it.
    She doesn't have actual lesbian plant secks. However, I'm sure at least half of us wish she did. ^^
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-01 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    She doesn't have actual lesbian plant secks. However, I'm sure at least half of us wish she did. ^^
    I'd say over half.... but that's just me lol... She did do some kinky shit with poison, and toxins and that sort of shit, i mean cmon, turning love into poison and then swapping it back and forth? Hows that NOT kinky?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I'd say over half.... but that's just me lol... She did do some kinky shit with poison, and toxins and that sort of shit, i mean cmon, turning love into poison and then swapping it back and forth? Hows that NOT kinky?
    That's Faolain.

And yeah, in retrospect that's pretty kinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Why do Sylvari have sex? Makes no sense.
    How so? That sounds like asking "Why do humans have sex with condoms and birth control?" ... Just because they don't reproduce that way doesn't mean that it wouldn't provide something else other then reproduction.

But back on topic, it seems like Sylvari will have both "leaf armor" and "normal armor" models since NPCs have both... doesn't mean for certin that it won't be one or the other and not both for players, but more then likely they will not limit say "normal armor" or "leaf armor" to purely just NPCs.

there you go
    Last edited by guser; 2012-07-01 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Veggies with shinny armor, whats not to like? Behold! Sir broccoli arrives from the crusade against the vile potatoes! =D seriously, would be silly if they didn't had armor flesh or bark, it needs some protection =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesthos View Post
    Veggies with shinny armor, whats not to like? Behold! Sir broccoli arrives from the crusade against the vile potatoes! =D seriously, would be silly if they didn't had armor flesh or bark, it needs some protection =)
    Canned vegetables?