Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    I would welcome a dwarven race, altho i think they're said to be extinct due to fighting that huge bad ass dragon =/. Still .... i just love dwafs :3
    I know I lovw dwarves too! But I have also experienced the movement in this game and honestly running is a good thing. It doesn't feel all long and terrible like when we had to run across Stranglethorn in Vanilla WoW. It feels nice and honestly I barely used waypoints when I played, I'm in no rush to get to level 80 I'm just going to enjoy the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it weird that I want a mechanical race? Think like Viktor (raher, there's a specific Viktor skin I'm thinking of) or Blitzcrank in LoL.

Some Asura creates a humanoid machine, it becomes self-aware, and then it runs off to find it's place in the world, and ends up creating factories that build more machine people. :O!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Is it weird that I want a mechanical race? Think like Viktor (raher, there's a specific Viktor skin I'm thinking of) or Blitzcrank in LoL.

Some Asura creates a humanoid machine, it becomes self-aware, and then it runs off to find it's place in the world, and ends up creating factories that build more machine people. :O!
    We shall call the first machine/program, Arena-NET.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Steampunk Warforged!

Ohhh, Warforged Elementalist!

Warforged Guardian!

=

I for one would love to see every expansion actually move the timeframe of the game forward. In the same way cataclysm changed the whole of azeroth to represent time passing, I want to see the entirety of the GW2 landscape change and move forward in time. Remember those centaurs you pushed back and destroyed? Well now in the new expansion you'll see their previous villages in ruins, but it turns out they were in fact keeping a cabal of evil necromancers from encroaching into the human lands, and now they are a new threat (or whatever).

The only real problem with this, is how do you deal with two time periods existing at the same time on the same server? Perhaps you could always transition between the two states if you owned both games, but only be in one of the states if you owned one game. That sounds extremely taxing on the hardware though. Anet is smart though, I'm sure they could figure something out :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    I for one would love to see every expansion actually move the timeframe of the game forward. In the same way cataclysm changed the whole of azeroth to represent time passing, I want to see the entirety of the GW2 landscape change and move forward in time. Remember those centaurs you pushed back and destroyed? Well now in the new expansion you'll see their previous villages in ruins, but it turns out they were in fact keeping a cabal of evil necromancers from encroaching into the human lands, and now they are a new threat (or whatever).

The only real problem with this, is how do you deal with two time periods existing at the same time on the same server? Perhaps you could always transition between the two states if you owned both games, but only be in one of the states if you owned one game. That sounds extremely taxing on the hardware though. Anet is smart though, I'm sure they could figure something out :P
    That'd be cool; but not for a first expac! We still have basically 75% if Tyria left to explore and all of the other continents! Soooo many good expansions can come from ANet I have extremely high hopes for this game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Steampunk Warforged!
    That indeed is what I was picturing.

Though I wonder if less steam-punk and more technomancy asura-style would be an improvement.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Until I kill a dragon the size of Divinity's Reach, NOTHING WILL SATISFY ME!

I like the notion of moving time forward. Beyond that, technology moving forward could be something they hone in on. After all, Tyria is in a small technological revolution, neh?

10+ Year Old Account
    hello every one, I am new on the GW2 sub-forum. Please help me out with a couple of answers for the following questions:

1). is one able to buy / pre-order GW2 now?

2). if one can buy / pre-order GW2 will he get access to the beta and will be able to play?

3). is GW2 a mmorpg that will not have a pay per month fee?

4). if there will be no pay per month fee are we sure that they will not introduce armors / weps / stuff that ppl will be able to buy with real money and they will be better then the normal stuff we find while playing ?

thank you!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    hello every one, I am new on the GW2 sub-forum. Please help me out with a couple of answers for the following questions:

1). is one able to buy / pre-order GW2 now?

2). if one can buy / pre-order GW2 will he get access to the beta and will be able to play?

3). is GW2 a mmorpg that will not have a pay per month fee?

4). if there will be no pay per month fee are we sure that they will not introduce armors / weps / stuff that ppl will be able to buy with real money and they will be better then the normal stuff we find while playing ?

thank you!
    *points to Mass Info STICKY*

Here's a link even: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iated-READ-ME!

All the info you'll need.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

- is one able to buy / pre-order GW2 now?
    - if one can buy / pre-order GW2 will he get access to the beta and will be able to play?
    - is GW2 a mmorpg that will not have a pay per month fee?
    - if there will be no pay per month fee are we sure that they will not introduce armors / weps / stuff that ppl will be able to buy with real money and they will be better then the normal stuff we find while playing ?

thank you!
    - is one able to buy / pre-order GW2 now?

You can pre-purchase at buy.guildwars2.com

- if one can buy / pre-order GW2 will he get access to the beta and will be able to play?

If you are familiar with how Tera is doing their betas, GW2's is similar. They are having Beta Weekend Events about once per month. We do not yet know exactly when the first will be held, but it has been confirmed as either this weekend or the one after.

- is GW2 a mmorpg that will not have a pay per month fee?

Yep. No monthly fee at any point, you just buy the base game and have access whenever you choose to play.

- if there will be no pay per month fee are we sure that they will not introduce armors / weps / stuff that ppl will be able to buy with real money and they will be better then the normal stuff we find while playing ?

There is no vertical power curve with gear, so all gear is pretty much the same. Think of if all of the level 85 gear in WoW was ilvl 400, and you got a free set of ilvl 400 gear when you hit 85. There are currently no weapons/armors in the cash shop, but if there ARE eventually some added they will be purely cosmetic and will give NO advantage. Anet has told us multiple times that nothing that you can buy with money will give you an advantage over what you can buy with gold. Also, if there is something you would really like from the cash shop (such as a character slot), you can save up gold and buy it from players through the gem system.

I feel like an FAQ!

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you it`s much more clear now.
    I am not familiar with Tera. How I understand it now is: if one buys the game now, Maybe he will be able to play the beta version during one weekend (and no play outside that weekend). Is that correct?

Not one weekend...but at least 2...until the actual release. For which you will get 3 day head start access if you pay in full now.
    We don't know release yet, but if u pre-purchase u get guaranteed access to all the beta weekends.

thank you it`s much more clear now.
    I am not familiar with Tera. How I understand it now is: if one buys the game now, Maybe he will be able to play the beta version during one weekend (and no play outside that weekend). Is that correct?
    Can play during the weekends, but only during the weekends they tell us we can.
    Not every weekend, it will be like one weekend every month until release.

(I just noticed this wasn't in the one thread.. >.>)