Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    Do you typically trust people who 'do stupid shit in anger, can't understand other people, and get confused and infuriated over it' to lead your entire nation and all of your allies?

Yes, because no matter what rank they hold, they're human (or human-like, as the case may be for 10 of the other major races) just like the rest of us. President Obama will panic when his daughters start to date. Kim Jong-Il probably awkwardly caught one of his kids masturbating.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

I don't understand how you keep dismissing the fact their relationship is fragmented and that hurting Anduin did absolutely nothing to improve anything. It, in fact, served as a detriment for the two being on an equal level. There's a huge difference between an authorative father figure, someone Anduin looks up to, the only family he has in the world, hurting him. some kid down at the playground is an entirely different scenerio.
    Again, everything in Cataclysm seems to point to them reconciling. The entire thing started because Anduin refused to listen to his father and tried to walk out on him. Varian saw it as disrespectful, and grabbed him to make him listen. The fact that he grabbed too tight was likely a mistake, made in anger. Also, Anduin shows no signs of terror in any of the books, only regret that his father can't understand the path he has chosen. Varian wants his son to follow in his footsteps, and Anduin is walking a different path. Most fathers hate that.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    He just grabbed his arm.
    And you're missing the point.

The book showed how he conquered his own rage.
    He's not an abusive father, that wasn't the point of the book.

You're right. Lets demand Blizzard press charges against Varian. Screw working on MOP, I want justice

Srsly though. What?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    Yes, because no matter what rank they hold, they're human (or human-like, as the case may be for 10 of the other major races) just like the rest of us. President Obama will panic when his daughters start to date. Kim Jong-Il probably awkwardly caught one of his kids masturbating.
    You do realize that there are certain qualities a leader should hold in order to, you know, lead, and beating their children because they can't control their anger issues probably isn't one of them. I already don't trust Obama, but do you think anybody would if he were caught violently yanking around his daughters? How does that reflect on him as a person, or as a leader?

How does being reckless and infuriated over nothing suddenly make for a good leader, and how does that apply to Varian and not Garrosh?

Varian wants his son to follow in his footsteps, and Anduin is walking a different path. Most fathers hate that.
    Still doesn't justify his actions.

Last I checked, he didn't beat him, he grabbed his arm to prevent him from running away.

What the poster 3 posts up said is basically how I feel.
    Last edited by redsunrising15; 2012-04-17 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    You're right. Lets demand Blizzard press charges against Varian. Screw working on MOP, I want justice

Srsly though. What?
    Why can't the Horde have a Stormwind raid to kill Varian for things he's very clearly guilty of?

Why can't the Horde have a Stormwind raid to kill Varian for things he's very clearly guilty of?
    Actually, the things Garrosh is going to be executed for haven't happened yet. They're all supposed to happen in MoP, after he goes completely crazy.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    A father grabbing his sons arm to keep him in place to tell him some important things is not bad at all. It's the mark of a good parent.

This fact however, does not make Varian not suck.

You do realize that there are certain qualities a leader should hold in order to, you know, lead, and beating their children because they can't control their anger issues probably isn't one of them. I already don't trust Obama, but do you think anybody would if he were caught violently yanking around his daughters? How does that reflect on him as a person, or as a leader?

How does being reckless and infuriated over nothing suddenly make for a good leader, and how does that apply to Varian and not Garrosh?
    You're still exaggerating what Varian did. Stop that.

As for any leader in today's world, the media will sensationalize anything. I can't speak accurately to what people would and wouldn't do, but I can attest to my own situation, which I hinted at earlier in this thread.

When I was much younger, my younger sister took something from me while we were playing outside. This made me quite angry, so I was trying to get it back. My father heard the commotion and came outside right as my sister tripped over a hole in the yard. My father believed that I had pushed her down hard. He commanded me to get back in the house, and as I walked in, he literally kicked my ass and sent me across the floor. I retreated to my room. My sister, only 6 at the time, defended me, telling him that I had not touched her. He came in and gave me the most sincere apology I have heard from him in all my 25 years. Was I in pain? Yes. But I got over it. And I respected my father more from the experience, not less, because he manned up and apologized to an 8-year-old boy.

That's more severe than grabbing an arm of a 15-year-old, wouldn't you say? And as other people have said, all accounts post-Wolfheart show that the two are on much better terms.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

15+ Year Old Account
    People should stop demanding real life morales for in game events and characters. It doesn't apply.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Simply put: Because if everything was rainbows, unicorns and sunshine, there would be no conflict in the game.

People whine, bitch, and moan about how Tirion and Thrall have been Mary-Sues - one-dimensional, flawless characters - yet whenever they try to show an important lore figure being less than perfect, people like you whine, bitch and moan about it too.

Is harming a child right? Of course it isn't. But it happens. You also over exaggerate your words. Varian didn't beat Anduin. There is a huge difference between beating, and causing physical discomfort and small amounts of emotional distress. Bear in mind how huge of a priss Anduin is to begin with. Anyone who wasn't nearly as spoiled as Anduin probably would not have reacted as dramatically as he did to the situation. Again, does it make it right? No. But Varian's a Warrior king who lived many years as a barbarian in the wilds, split into two beings. He's not one-dimensional. He has his flaws.

If the only thing that was ever represented in movies, literature, television, games, and even music was the "right" thing, then there would be a vast emotional disconnect with it. Our world isn't perfect, so why would you consider a fictional, war-torn world to be more perfect than our own?

That being said, I've seen some of the things you've posted before... That is all I have to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    12 pages of the same stuff repeated ad neaseum. OP is an epic troll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this; we don't need more pages of people spamming/trolling/flaming. Thanks to those who attempted to have a civil discussion.