Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Varian never beat his son, the worst he did was gripping his arm alarmingly tight.

Once.
    People would say that counts as abuse.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um grabbing his arm isn't exactly beating the kid at all =/ I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    People would say that counts as abuse.
    If tightly gripping a child's arm counts as abuse then the vast majority of parents should be locked up

Not even 100 years ago it was ok to take belts and switches and shit to your kid on a regular basis. Even just 200 years it was acceptable to pummel your kids for discipline.

Point is, WoW isn't the modern world. It's more of a "sensationalized Renaissance alternate universe." Many of the cultural views, and subsequent actions because of them, the races in WoW are more derived from 1300 AD with the misc tribal views.

Hell it's still ok to beat your kid in some countires even today.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    But you seem to be okay with raising them from the dead, burning down their village, feeding them to dragons, sacrificing them to dark rituals, and the like.

I say this because I haven't seen any threads on the Champ lately complaining about those things, but here I'm suddenly hearing upset over an arm-grab and dropping some dude off a cliff during a war.

This just in: WoW is a game about violence, and most of it is EXTREME violence. In the easiest joke of an encounter on the whole game, you could fall off an airship thousands of feet in the sky and plummet screaming to your death. I don't remember many other games where that happens. So, yeah. It's a violent game. Dropping a dude off a cliff and grabbing your son's arm are two pretty calm acts in the world of this game.
    Idgaf what happens, or if there were better examples. My point is there's worse things that has happened so why is this 1 little thing such a big deal. I'm right there with you...

Wait... grabbing an arm is beating a kid? Is talking with a stern voice verbal abuse too? Oh the oppression the youth must suffer.
    My father laid hands on me many times, but I don't remember a single time where I didn't deserve it. But then again I wouldn't even count grabbing my arm, seriously... I believe it's called discipline and people need more not less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If tightly gripping a child's arm counts as abuse then the vast majority of parents should be locked up
    Some people would think so. Not saying I agree, if you look at my page on NationStates, I've let parents by discipline sticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    I dont know but i see it being changed soon on the beta where varian shits pink rainbows out of his ass and garrosh is the effin tooth fairy.

ITS NOT A PERFECT WORLD. ITS A WORLD AT WAR.
    haha i imagined gnomes and goblins squaring off in the trenches !! rofl

I'm not sure to when you are referring to but what would it matter if he did?

This is just a video game...

Cannot stop laughing. Just spit up my cheerios.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

I just started playing World of Warcraft not to long ago and even since then I havent been able to shake this urge that's been building up inside me...
    I wasn't able to figure out what exactly it was but... I just felt this urge to brutally beat my son. I think this explains why I've recently gained this sudden urge to savagely beat my child. It all makes sense now though, all along, it was World of Warcraft that was making feel this way. The thought of Varian beating his son must have been lingering in the back of my mind and effecting the way I think and feel. After all, the line between fantasy and reality often blurs for me.

This is a serious issue we should notify Blizzard about. If they keep filling their game with child abuse and violence, who knows how long it will be before all 10 million subscribers turn into rampaging child abusers. This is serious guys, we are talking about child abuse here, World of Warcraft isn't some kind of game to be taken lightly...

Oh fucking wait, yes it is.
    /thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I'm not sure to when you are referring to but what would it matter if he did?

This is just a video game...
    It's clearly intended to build up some emotional response to the character anyway.

Like how that cunt Jaime shoved an 10 year old boy from a window. And went back to screwin' his sister.

I just started playing World of Warcraft not to long ago and even since then I having been able to shake this urge that's been building up inside me...
    I wasn't able to figure out what exactly it was but... I just felt this urge to brutally beat my son. I think this explains why I've recently gained this sudden urge to savagely beat my child. It all makes sense now though, all along, it was World of Warcraft that was making feel this way. The thought of Varian beating his son must have been lingering in the back of my mind and effecting the way I think and feel. After all, the line between fantasy and reality often blur for me.

This is a serious issue we should notify Blizzard about. If they keep filling their game with child abuse and violence, who knows how long it will be before all 10 million subscribers turn into rampaging child abusers. This is serious guys, we are talking about child abuse here, World of Warcraft isn't some kind of game to be taken lightly...

Oh fucking wait, yes it is.
    /thread
    You may be a ponyfag, but you're a good sort.

To give the whole thing context:
    He just grabbed him by the arm, because he wanted Anduin to follow him to their quarters. His kid is a soon to be priest wuss, which is the reason why it "hurt" him (the guy is supposed to be 14-16 years old). He did it, because we all know he has anger issues, which is a major part of the fucking story in the book and how he overcomes it like the worgen do. So not only wasn't it really beating him, but it was also a plot device which made himself realize he did somethig wrong. Seriously, bitching about that just shows the OP didn't even read the book (or was able to comprehent its content).

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Wait... grabbing an arm is beating a kid? Is talking with a stern voice verbal abuse too? Oh the oppression the youth must suffer.
    My father laid hands on me many times, but I don't remember a single time where I didn't deserve it. But then again I wouldn't even count grabbing my arm, seriously... I believe it's called discipline and people need more not less.
    Thats really the problem, people today were not nearly enough beaten when they needed to. Words - if they don't happen to trigger some major emotional response in the kind - are utterly useless when it comes do a kid that does what it wants. My father only beat me one single time and I deserved it and in retrospect i would beat myself for doing it in that situation. But seriously grabing him by the arm?

Deleted
    People seem to have huge problem differntiating Real World and Fiction.. get a grip for god sake.

i siriously don't know why you care about this shit

Because.... he never did? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    inb4 blizzard changes things because of some overly sensitive whiners.

My father beat me when I did something wrong anbd I turd oute fyne.
    when someone tells that to me the only thing I can think of is how incompetent a parent is to "need" to beat on his kid for then to behave.

OT:

different society, different ethics and morality.

They are on a primitive world, it is expected to see some primitive behavior.

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Azeroth is not a 21st century western society. The laws and social stigma are entirely different. It might be entirely normal to beat your child if they're outta line in Azeroth.

OP never made a second post. Troll?

OT: Varian only grabbed Anduin on the arm, his epic strength it didn't occur to him how tight he was gripping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...-story/velen/1

I haven't finished reading it, but it describes Varian hurting Anduin.
    I just want to say:

A weary, bedraggled gnome pulled a strange contraption through the dusts of Outland, leaving twin ruts that snaked endlessly in the dunes behind her. Ethereals, their energies wrapped in cloth, simply watched her struggle, neither helping nor impeding the gnome's hard-fought progress.
    Vindicator Maraad battled an unseen foe with his gargantuan crystalline hammer and then fell to his knees, a lance of blackest darkness thrust through his chest, oily, diseased smoke trailing the weapon's edge.
    The sky-filling, armored form of Deathwing flew across a burned world and landed on a charred, broken tree so vast it could only be Nordrassil, while supplicants draped in dark-purple robes lined up and threw themselves into a volcanic crack in the earth.
    Med'an—the Guardian of Tirisfal—wept, the tears out of place on his orc-tinged features, his eyes so vulnerable and hurt that the sight of them would have broken the heart of any other.
    Does every noun really require two adjectives? Or failing that an entire parenthetical description? My human-tinged features are desolately, lacrimosedly besorrowed at this leaden, curmudgeonly abuse of the English language.