Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ELO hell exists because I lost a few games because of Trolls/afkers.

Dat community logic.

Deleted
    The only possible way for ELO hell to be real is for you to admit you are a troll, feeder or AFK'er, because otherwise the team you bless with your presence stand a greater chance of winning.

That being said, bad luck happens. When bad luck happens and you start getting frustrated; do not continue. Take a break. The general human does not react well to frustration so it's better to stop and go read a book, punch a baby, or steal a cow.

Agree with kezool, i think the problem is that people play great 50% of the time, and bad the other 50% of the time, but because they play so good for half there matchs, they forget the times they played baddly and have a bit of a seclected memory about how good they are, ill happly admit i am like that. But also, when you have a record like that guy on patch one (90/5/15 over 9 matchs or something) it must be hard to take, but always think that you could have done more, never blame others, as you need to be ready to do a full carry to gain elo

ez - ad carry ,lulu - support, naut/ahri - mid, jax - jungle, fiora - top ... thats what i usually pick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Agree with kezool, i think the problem is that people play great 50% of the time, and bad the other 50% of the time, but because they play so good for half there matchs, they forget the times they played baddly and have a bit of a seclected memory about how good they are, ill happly admit i am like that. But also, when you have a record like that guy on patch one (90/5/15 over 9 matchs or something) it must be hard to take, but always think that you could have done more, never blame others, as you need to be ready to do a full carry to gain elo
    All that proves is a losing streak; ELO hell doesn't excist in the sense that it locks you out from getting higher ELO. Anyone can go 8 losses in a row with excellent K/D/A ratios, shit just happens.

Blaming others and raging doesn't help tho, 9 times out 10 it's just going to make people stop even trying to play as a team, and cause counterarguments which takes up valuable time that could've been spent CSing.

The thing with ELO hell, is that it never ends. Even at 2400 rating you get people that will pick champs and then play to lose, for no other reason than to annoy someone. Look at high rating streamers, some of the people they play with/against are just plain bad, but are at high ratings somehow.

I dont really do much ranked because I really cba to deal with getting rather clueless/angry people that I don't know. Im at 1400 ELO atm which I'm kinda fine with, however I think I could get a lot higher. When we did premade 5v5 ranked I was up against 17/1800 rated mids and totally dominated, I mean I was like 5-0 by 12 minutes, that includes picking up double kills in 2v1 ganks. It's just the thought of teaming up with 4 random people, and possibly having to sit there for 20-40minutes trying to enjoy the game while they try their hardest to ruin it that puts me off.

Oh and some tips for getting higher rating.
    1) Play your best champions. I love Morgana and WW, shockingly I have 80%+ win ratio on both (and before the Morgana OP statement, she was the very first champion I bought, I played her in S1 too before she became fotm.)
    2) Duo queue. If you can do it with someone that especially you have Skype or something with then the co-ordination will have a big impact. Especially if you can get two important things, one of the best games I had was as WW top with my mate Fiddle jungle. We secured me top fast and then roamed, ever been on the end of a WW/Fiddle gank?
    3) Do everything possible to keep your team as a unit, get wards up in important places, encourage movements and try to point out objectives. Also pretend you are playing with very simple people and therefore make everything obvious. Clearly ping for what you suspect are enemy movements and clearly state "4 coming bottom, just gtfo." rather than pinging once and expecting them to understand.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2012-04-17 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Rofl. Love that you mentioned Ryze and Cassio as mids that need the team to carry them. Aka the strongest mids in the game.

Ryze is considered by many to be the most imbalanced mid champ ingame, and trust me when I say he can carry HARD.
    The reason I chose these two is not because they are bad, it is because Ryze can´t kill someone as soon as he hits lvl 6, he also can´t gank like crazy in mid game. Yeah cassio and Ryze are probablly the best picks for coordinated teams, but they can´t make those big plays that give you an insane advantage early. Ryze carries haaaard in end game, but most games I play are decided in mid game.

(+ Ryze kinda requires his own rune page, that´s annoying)

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The thing with ELO hell, is that it never ends. Even at 2400 rating you get people that will pick champs and then play to lose, for no other reason than to annoy someone. Look at high rating streamers, some of the people they play with/against are just plain bad, but are at high ratings somehow.
    QFT.

Anyone whining about ELO hell just go watch a 2k+ stream for some time, you'll see how bad people can be even at the highest ratings, even the streamers themselves. Except Gman Bob. That gentleman always knows when he screws up and admits it like a sir.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    The reason I chose these two is not because they are bad, it is because Ryze can´t kill someone as soon as he hits lvl 6, he also can´t gank like crazy in mid game. Yeah cassio and Ryze are probablly the best picks for coordinated teams, but they can´t make those big plays that give you an insane advantage early. Ryze carries haaaard in end game, but most games I play are decided in mid game.

(+ Ryze kinda requires his own rune page, that´s annoying)
    Ryze cant gank? Erm, hes the easiest champ ingame to gank with. You cannot miss his bind, he does loads of damage, carries into the lategame amazingly ect ect.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

I had a massive streak of losses (duo queue and solo) and lost 200+ rating that really hit me hard. I often do 1 ranked a week atm and have clawed up to around 1336 atm. I was at gold rating last season which was 1600 + so im not rubbish or anything. Now ive won my last 6 ranked games with out a loss but the reason I only do 1 ranked? ARAM games. I keep playing aram with friends 5-7 of us with randoms filling last spots. Can't get enough. Then we do the odd normal draft game and some of the guys I play with are TERRIBLE honestly 1000 elo rating but we have a blast and get quite a few wins or one of them feeds and I just face palm.

but ELO hell is only as real as you let it be. Its like a team in a football league, you can go on a bad run of results but if you keep trying you will turn it around.

Deleted
    Ryze cant gank? Erm, hes the easiest champ ingame to gank with. You cannot miss his bind, he does loads of damage, carries into the lategame amazingly ect ect.
    Hmm, maybe it´s just personal preference then. I don´t think Ryze has amazing ganks, if they just put a single ward they can easily escape, he is slow and the snare has short range etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Hmm, maybe it´s just personal preference then. I don´t think Ryze has amazing ganks, if they just put a single ward they can easily escape, he is slow and the snare has short range etc.
    Ryze doesn't gank. His jungle ganks his lane since his snare is fucking broken. He has one of the strongest mid/late games of any mages, getting rewarded for building tanky. Make the game drag on. Cass can carry. You just need to be good with her, she's ridiculously strong.

Compare Ryze with e.g. AP Sion. AP Sion has an unbelievably strong midgame, much, much stronger than Ryze. He can also just clear the wave in 2-3 seconds, then run off to bot/top with his mobility boots, where he will gank with his 100% chance to hit stun that deals much more damage than what Ryze can offer, while his shield keeps him safe.

So yeah, while Ryze can gank, he's just not as good as many, many other champions. [His snare has a short duration, he doesn't have all that much burst[mostly sustained damage], he needs a lot of time to clear waves and he is really, really slow.]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Ryze doesn't gank. His jungle ganks his lane since his snare is fucking broken. He has one of the strongest mid/late games of any mages, getting rewarded for building tanky. Make the game drag on. Cass can carry. You just need to be good with her, she's ridiculously strong.
    Well that´s the point, most games at low ELO are decided in the mid game. I prefer to just carry right from lvl 6 instead of having to hope my team doesnt feed for a long while until I reach godmode. I know how good Ryze is, I also know how good Cassi is, but when it comes to just fucking their team over I prefer Ahri.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Compare Ryze with e.g. AP Sion. AP Sion has an unbelievably strong midgame, much, much stronger than Ryze. He can also just clear the wave in 2-3 seconds, then run off to bot/top with his mobility boots, where he will gank with his 100% chance to hit stun that deals much more damage than what Ryze can offer, while his shield keeps him safe.

So yeah, while Ryze can gank, he's just not as good as many, many other champions. [His snare has a short duration, he doesn't have all that much burst[mostly sustained damage], he needs a lot of time to clear waves and he is really, really slow.]
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Ryze is banned in almost every single tournament match. If you can play Ryze well, do it...you'll win many games for your team.

For me, I just started playing support like a boss. At low ELO, no one else wants to do it...whoever gets "forced" into it usually sucks horribly.

Most played support char: Nunu...you simply do not lose bottom lane w/ at least a half-brained AD carry when you max Blood Boil first. Winning bottom lane means you control dragon, can steal their blue, and your jungler can spend more time ganking mid and top. Winning these objectives greatly contributes to winning your games.

Good luck, it took me a while.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    @Toxigen

I don´t think you read his post properly, not once did he say that Ryze wasn´t good, he said Ryze isn´t so good at ganking. Which is true, he isn´t picked for his ganks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Ryze is banned in almost every single tournament match. If you can play Ryze well, do it...you'll win many games for your team.
    Tournament does not equal Elo Hell. In a tournament, the other people on your team might actually be remotely competent if not downright awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Tournament does not equal Elo Hell. In a tournament, the other people on your team might actually be remotely competent if not downright awesome.
    My point is simple: Ryze is so grossly overpowered in the correct hands. You can pretty much insta lock him every time at low ELO and carry yourself out of hell (pun most certainly intended).
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Mordekaiser es numero uno! huehuehue

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    Mordekaiser es numero uno! huehuehue
    13 HP pot morde mid.

Ready? go