Deleted

Rendering and uploading to youtube help!

Hello,

I am in dire need of help!

Since a short time period i am maintaining my own youtube channel and its going rather nicely.
    I record everything with fraps in 1680x1050 Resolution, my video's are an avarage 15 minutes long ( some are longer ) however now comes the problem.

When i am done recording i put it all together in After Effects and "glue" it together and adding the last effects. ( intro etc )
    When im done rendering its around 110GB ( for a 15 min movie ) therefore to big to upload to youtube x)
    If i want to watch the video now, the quality is exactly the same as being recorded. HOWEVER here comes the problem!

As soon as i want to crop the video with Adobe Encoder ( to make the size uploadeble like 5GB ) The quality backdrafts HARD. obviously that is what happens during a crop that is not my problem HOWEVER this is.

As you can see, the resolution of the video has cropped, therefore not being widescreen anymore. if you need a "moving" proof just search for WeAreNotRepaired video, after render the resolution is still 1680x1050 but after the cropping ( media encoder ) it changes to the one linked above.

HALP!

Make sure to keep all rendering and encoding settings forced to 1680x1050 and never ever use any kind of "for web" or "for youtube" settings. Render progressive frames with 1.0 aspect ratio, and keep same framerate for final encode as you did for capture (if you cap at 30fps, edit and render 30fps, no point going higher because youtube dont support it).

Use AVC/MP4 file format for the final compression, with 2-pass encoding and about 4000-8000kbps bitrate. That way you'll get really high quality files at small size.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Il have a look at that when im home, i really appriciate the help . if that didnt fix it il post here again

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Make sure to keep all rendering and encoding settings forced to 1680x1050 and never ever use any kind of "for web" or "for youtube" settings. Render progressive frames with 1.0 aspect ratio, and keep same framerate for final encode as you did for capture (if you cap at 30fps, edit and render 30fps, no point going higher because youtube dont support it).

Use AVC/MP4 file format for the final compression, with 2-pass encoding and about 4000-8000kbps bitrate. That way you'll get really high quality files at small size.

Quote Originally Posted by markdead View Post
    ( to make the size uploadeble like 5GB )
    I think my t11 movies are at ~44Mb / minute, t12 movies at ~40, and t13 at ~34Mb/minute, on 1080p. Is there a specific reason you want your clips to be... what, ten times that size?

About your problem, I'm willing to bet it's a setting in your rendering program, probably a check box or something. I don't use the Adobe series myself, so I can't say exactly what to do. Google would most definitely help you find the answer, or if you're lucky, someone here might know what you're looking for.

/sign
    if rendered with a different fps than recorded look up how to disable resampling, otherwise the video gonna be blurry as hell.

here i disagree in a way.
    8mbit is too low for (nearly) fullHD. you need at least 20mbit for almost the same quality as recorded, although youtube converts it down, but the better the source the better the final product.

I render at 10-12 Mbps video bitrate and 192 kbps audio bitrate, 1080p resolution @ 30FPS. Video size when rendered is around 80-100MB per minute. Youtube caps video bitrate at 12 Mbps, no point rendering any higher if all you want to do is upload to Youtube.

Deleted
    Allot of the advice incomming is really usefull! im used to render HQ normal video's and effects considering its my job, but to find the perfect settings for youtube i need ur help! thanks for all the advice so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    here i disagree in a way.
    8mbit is too low for (nearly) fullHD. you need at least 20mbit for almost the same quality as recorded, although youtube converts it down, but the better the source the better the final product.
    - Youtube's 1080p videos are transcoded down to 4500kbps, as are most on-demand video services
    - Most consumer level HDV camcorders record at 10-15mbps
    - HD TV channels have 10-20mbps bitrate
    - Maximum quality for commercially released BluRay movies is 25mbps

Are you really serious you need 20mbps quality for web videos that get mashed down to 4500mbps anyway? I think not.

edit:

Also remember that 2-pass encoding bitrate is average, if you set it to 6mbps for example it varies from 2 to 25 depending on how much is actually needed.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-04-16 at 09:28 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

(if you cap at 30fps, edit and render 30fps, no point going higher because youtube dont support it)
    They do, technically. They'll convert it though. But it's not like the user gets an error message saying that Youtube doesn't support the framerate, and that the user will have to re-render and re-upload. According to their advanced settings page, a 24FPS movie stays at 24 FPS after Youtube is done transcoding it, a 30FPS clip stays at 30FPS, 720p60 should be uploaded as such, while 1080i60 should "be deinterlaced, going from 60 interlaced fields per second to 30 progressive frames per second before uploading.".

But I've also noticed that whenever I forget to turn off Fraps after a playing session and go to youtube, some clips by other users are reported by it at 30+ FPS, while mine are reported at a very steady 35fps (small +-1FPS variations), despite me recording, encoding and uploading at 29,97FPS. Clips by other users even repeatedly go as high as 60FPS during playback, while always above 34fps, and consistently above 40fps.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Youtube caps video bitrate at 12 Mbps, no point rendering any higher if all you want to do is upload to Youtube.
    I've read 8mbps @ 1080p, lower at lower resolutions. Where did you read 12mbps?

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    despite me recording, encoding and uploading at 29,97FPS.
    29.97 is horrible artifact from analog TV. Should stick with even 24, 25 or 30 that are used in digital world.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I've read 8mbps @ 1080p, lower at lower resolutions. Where did you read 12mbps?
    I just tried downloading video from youtube I originally sent as 8mbps 2-pass encode, here's the relevant info:

Original
    Code:
    Video
    ID                               : 1
    Format                           : AVC
    Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
    Format_Commercial_IfAny          : XDCAM EX 25
    Format profile                   : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames        : 3 frames
    Codec ID                         : avc1
    Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration                         : 7mn 13s
    Bit rate mode                    : Variable
    Bit rate                         : 8 192 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate                 : 25.0 Mbps
    Width                            : 1 920 pixels
    Height                           : 1 072 pixels
    Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
    Frame rate mode                  : Constant
    Frame rate                       : 30.000 fps
    Color space                      : YUV
    Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                        : 8 bits
    Scan type                        : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.133
    Stream size                      : 423 MiB (98%)
    Title                            : removed
    Writing library                  : x264 core 120 r2120 0c7dab9
    Encoding settings                : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=30 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=8192 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Encoded date                     : UTC 2012-01-11 21:12:54
    Tagged date                      : UTC 2012-01-11 21:12:56
    And downloaded from YT:
    Code:
    Video
    ID                               : 1
    Format                           : AVC
    Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                   : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames        : 1 frame
    Format settings, GOP             : M=1, N=60
    Codec ID                         : avc1
    Codec ID/Info                    : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration                         : 7mn 13s
    Bit rate                         : 5 829 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate                 : 10.3 Mbps
    Width                            : 1 920 pixels
    Height                           : 1 072 pixels
    Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
    Frame rate mode                  : Constant
    Frame rate                       : 30.000 fps
    Color space                      : YUV
    Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                        : 8 bits
    Scan type                        : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.094
    Stream size                      : 301 MiB (97%)
    Tagged date                      : UTC 2012-01-11 22:50:03
    Both average and maximum bitrates are reduced significantly.
    Trolling should be.

using sony vegas this guide is awesome for youtube video rendering..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_f7UHXO-w

Deleted
    i ussualy try and avoid programs like that, i myself am a heavy adobe master collection user !

Deleted
    The official Google/YouTube recommendations for YouTube uploads are published here:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bi...&page=guide.cs

Basically it's recommended to be an MP4 container with H.264 video and AAC audio. For 1080p videos minimum 8000bps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    The official Google/YouTube recommendations for YouTube uploads are published here:
    Strange that they dont mention at all the bug/feature in their codec, which makes it mess up if the files dont match to 16x16 blocks.

Picture quality with 1920x1080 is notably worse than 1920x1072 because 1080p is not divisible by 16.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 20-minute 1080p videos are only 2.1gb, but I'm using Sony Vegas.

Strange that they dont mention at all the bug/feature in their codec, which makes it mess up if the files dont match to 16x16 blocks.

Picture quality with 1920x1080 is notably worse than 1920x1072 because 1080p is not divisible by 16.
    Have you tested this recently? I'm pretty sure this was fixed quite awhile ago.

Screenshots from YouTube of two identical videos, except one had 8 lines cropped off the top:
    imgur. com/a/OXcBM

I can't tell the difference, anyway.

Deleted

Would really like a confirmation on that. Is this still true?

Was still true late last year after they switched internally to WebM, havent checked lately.
    Trolling should be.