High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Help with maxing profs with diff toons.

With MoP around the corner I want to be prepared to have every profession maxed and also to have a few of the best money making professions maxed on multiple toons. So with all the profession/class combos there can be I am lost on what to choose for which class.

Currently I have
    Boomkin Tauren Druid Enchanter/Jewelcrafter (main toon)
    Orc DK Mining/Alchemy
    Goblin Mage Herbalism/Alchemy

So in your opinion what should I give these toons that I plan to level. Keep in mind this isn't about maxing DPS for each toon, it's about making gold.
    Warrior
    Priest
    Pally
    Hunter
    Rogue

Also which race should I make each new toon, or does that not matter a whole lot?

Deleted
    Level them on the same alliance that's important. Which one is irrelevant.

I'd say;

Skinner/LW on a hunter.
    Engineer/Blacksmith on warrior or paladin.
    Tailor/Inscriptor on Priest.

W/E you feel like on the rest. That's what I'd do.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have it like this:
    - Deathknight: mining/skinning
    - Druid: herbalism/skinning
    - Hunter: mining/jewelcrafting
    - Mage: engineering/inscription
    - Paladin: leatherworking/blacksmithing
    - Priest: alchemy/enchanting
    - Rogue: not yet leveled (alchemy/jewelcrafting)
    - Shaman: leatherworking/alchemy (soon leatherworking/tailoring)
    - Warlock: not yet leveled (herbalism/alchemy)
    - Warrior: alchemy/jewelcrafting
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    You can look here for some guides - http://www.wow-professions.com/

Ideally having a tauren druid herb/miner is absolutely amazing but I wouldn't botehr rerolling on your main as the raiding perks are nice.

Level Mining/Herbalism on your paladin (tauren race is very beneficial for herbing 0.5s pick time instead of 2s). Pally can use crusader aura for 20% bonus movement speed which is also awesome for your farming toon.

Drop herbalism/mining on other toons and make room for better professions.

In your arsenal you want to have at least:

JC
    Enchanter
    Miner
    Alchemist
    BS
    These professions allow you to have a really good ore shuffle going on and make a ton of $$$.

The more JCs you have the faster you can get recipes and more gold can be made at the start of the expansion. Same goes for inscription.

Having multiple Alchemy toons is nice for multiple daily transmutes which are always profitable and you can have one potion master, one transmute master and one elixer master for procs.

My question is, why would you associate certain professions with certain classes? Craftable items are BoE so that is not the problem, I have an LW paladin, Enchanting/JC hunter and even a BS mage and I don't see a single argument for having them placed differently.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    My question is, why would you associate certain professions with certain classes? Craftable items are BoE so that is not the problem, I have an LW paladin, Enchanting/JC hunter and even a BS mage and I don't see a single argument for having them placed differently.
    Usually this is a holdover from BC era when certain professions made gear sets that were BoP when crafted (like tailoring having a Chest / Shoulders / Boots set) which usually resulted in going Tailor on your cloth classes, or Leather worker on Mail / Leather, etc.

Deleted
    Theres no saying we won't go back to the vanilla/tbc model of having BoP profession items. But we do get where you're coming from.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so it's good to have multiple Alchemists/JCers/Scribes. Should I only have mining, skinning and herbalism maxed once? Same with engineering, BS, LW and tailor?

Certain races get racial bonuses - which can help you max your professions quicker at the start of expansions but really it doesn't matter that much. Being a tauren herbalist is very nice (1.5s off every node adds up and saves you a ton of time) + if you're a druid not having to dismount is crazy awesome.

Miner/Herbalist being certain classes get run speed bonuses - Any Spec Pally (20%), Frost DK (15%), BM Hunter (10%).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should I level another druid for Herbalism/Mining so I don't have to dismount?

I'd reccomend

Miner x 1 (on same toon as herb)
    Herb x 1 (on same toon as miner)
    BS/LW/Tailor/Skinner/Engi/Ench x 1
    Alchy x 3
    JC x as many spots as you can spare
    Scribe x 1 (maybe more than one)

I foresee scribes making a fuck ton of gold in the opening 1-2 weeks of mists with the new glyph system coming in. Of course this is based on the speculation that glyphs will all have to be relearned via your daily research spells so the more scribes you have the faster you'll learn the glyphs. A massive downside to this is that it's random glyph you learn so you could end up learning the same glyphs. If you only have one scribe you'll never learn doubles but it'll take you longer to get all the recipes.

Having more JCs is far more important as you learn all the recipes faster via daily tokens which is really nice.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    Should I level another druid for Herbalism/Mining so I don't have to dismount?
    If you've got the time/patience to do so -definitely. It'll save you a ton of time and make a whole bunch of money farming.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    I'd reccomend

Miner x 1 (on same toon as herb)
    Herb x 1 (on same toon as miner)
    BS/LW/Tailor/Skinner/Engi x 1
    Alchy x 3
    JC x as many spots as you can spare
    Scribe x 1 (maybe more than one)

I foresee scribes making a fuck ton of gold in the opening 1-2 weeks of mists with the new glyph system coming in. Of course this is based on the speculation that glyphs will all have to be relearned via your daily research spells so the more scribes you have the faster you'll learn the glyphs. A massive downside to this is that it's random glyph you learn so you could end up learning the same glyphs. If you only have one scribe you'll never learn doubles but it'll take you longer to get all the recipes.

Having more JCs is far more important as you learn all the recipes faster via daily tokens which is really nice.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 07:11 PM ----------

If you've got the time/patience to do so -definitely. It'll save you a ton of time and make a whole bunch of money farming.
    Thank you. But wouldn't multiple JCers get confusing on which toon has which patterns?

Make a word document or use an add on like tradeskillmaster to easily keep track of them. If your toons are the same guild you can look at the different cuts via the guild profession tab. It's a bit tedious but well worth the extra effort.

i.e. when Cata came out I had 4 toons with maxed JC in the first 2 weeks. 4 toons doing dailies = 4 tokens a day. New recipes cost 4 tokens so I had every single one of the 64 or so rare gem cuts 4 times quicker than most people.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, this is so frustrating. I don't know which combos to do. I know it doesn't matter but it's just confusing me :/

I have:

JC/Alchy
    JC/Ench
    JC/BS
    JC/Engi
    JC/Tailor
    Alchy/Ench
    Alchy/Engi
    Mining/Herbalism
    Scribe/Ench