Monitoring temporary buffs/procs

I have a trouble monitoring procs/temp.buffs on all my toons and I would like to max my performance.
    Those little icons above my action bar are so tiny and i find myself constantly watch them for procs and thats not really fun, cos im loosing my awareness. Is there some way to filter or enlarge that procs/buffs or make them flash when they lit up.
    In wow i had nice addon which was showing me all the stuff i wanted to know at whichever place on screen and in size i wanted, so i didnt have to look and search the screen like i do now.

Currently there is nothing to help with that, hopefully they will make some type of UI addition that allows you to track a limited amount of your own procs and target debuffs.

Really drives me crazy, because I would love to make more changes to my UI, but with needing to be able to see procs and things I just can't seem to fix it just where I want it. If we could move the buff bar seperate from the character bars I would be a really happy camper.

Deleted
    Yeah they really need to work on it.

Im sure this question has been asked alot and they've said they're going to make the visual cues more visible on screen,but im not sure if thats enough they need to let us customise out the buffs/debuffs portion of our UI.

squinting at the little icons ontop of my health bar drives me nuts, maybe they'll keep tweaking the customisable UI and eventually let us do this.

I believe they've said they want people to be able to track temp buffs / procs through character animations / sounds (IA giggle for example) but right now I would LOVE to have something like classtimers from WoW. I don't want to spend my time staring at my character looking for prompts I want to be enjoying the visuals of the encounter I'm taking part in.

Don't even get me started on tracking dots, I did 16 man EC last night and there were 6 corrosive darts on the mob so good luck working out which one is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    I believe they've said they want people to be able to track temp buffs / procs through character animations / sounds (IA giggle for example) but right now I would LOVE to have something like classtimers from WoW. I don't want to spend my time staring at my character looking for prompts I want to be enjoying the visuals of the encounter I'm taking part in.

Don't even get me started on tracking dots, I did 16 man EC last night and there were 6 corrosive darts on the mob so good luck working out which one is yours.
    This to me falls into one of those places where what you would like to do as a designer has to take a back seat to funtion. I could care less how cool they think having sound or visuals would be for this stuff, I just want to be able to see exactly what is going on quickly and easily. Having it tied in to a sound is fine, having that be the only indication is a really bad idea.

From what I've read from the dev's on this matter they don't want to have a class timer type function to track buffs / debuffs because they feel it should all come organically from the game. I applaud them on their ethos and if they can implement something like this that works then awesome however I spend the majority of fights staring at little boxes above my characters portrait and NPC portraits which is far from ideal. I'm sure the general response will be " lol l2p" and I get by now as it is but I strongly feel the introduction to class timers would be welcomed with open arms by the vast majorities of players.

Especially because I'm a moron and I keep applying acid blade multiple times because I forgot i've already applied it. D'oh!

Rift has a very cool little add-on called nkRebuff, lite and configurable. Not as large or obtrusive as some of the WoW things out there. I really like it.

If not for the add-on, Rift still has the buffs separate from the char frame so you can move it where you want. Your buffs/debuffs are larger than buffs/debuff from someone else and there is a setting to display only your own buffs/debuffs on group/targets.

All of this seems fairly simple to implement and would go a long way in making it better for debuff/proc dependent classes.

Nost things I've seen proc's for they could handle by just amplifying or creating some effects to the characters.

For example on my Sorc, when he has the instant chain lightning proc they could make that "whoosh" a bit more pronounced...I'd be fine.

My tanking procs I can pretty much keep track of via when abilities are up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope 1.3 comes with more UI customizations. I would love to be able to move around buffs/debuffs and enlarge them.

just give me build in power auras ala WoW, a little animation left, right or above the character shouldn't be that hard to do

and for the love of god dot timers, I don't always know which shit is mine

I know they have some limited stuff on the characters but that shit is barely noticeable and even harder to see when using max zoom