Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Blistering Tentacles are horrible in LFR nowadays. No one attacks them at all, probably because they don't have to attack them for the first 3 platforms. While I'd love it if people actually got better by themselves and killed the tentacles, we all know that it won't realistically happen. They should nerf them imo, in both damage and health. Just for LFR of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the wipes are because there's more and more people that are lazy, jumping into LFR with that 377 PvP gear bullshit.

Deleted
    Well is that not just great!
    Why play if there is just like going from a-b with no obstacles.
    A game is not fun unless there are some obstacles to get over and handle.
    What you are asking is really "Please show me a movie of LFR DS and then give me all loot"

The nerf in 10 man normal DS is right now on the edge to silly, it is really close to LFR tbh

Had a group yesterday where people kept starting madness with no tanks.. I joined after the 4th wipe apparently, which i didnt know at the time. I MR'd everyone upon entering to a load of dead bodies., only to be told i was a dick.. whilst i wondered wtf they were on about, some ejit started the encounter with 20ish spots filled, 2 tanks missing. after 3-4 more wipes due to same sort of behaviour they were kicked (dont ask me why it took so long) and we eventually killed dw.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraUgly View Post
    What you are asking is really "Please show me a movie of LFR DS and then give me all loot"

The nerf in 10 man normal DS is right now on the edge to silly, it is really close to LFR tbh
    Not saying that I want to walk through but as people said LFR should be a learning experience and at the same time a fun raid, but if the wiping rate has gone from 20% to 80% on a fight for example, then its going to cause the players who need the loot less to skip LFR as it takes too long and is too painful lowering the raid averages in all roles.

It's been 5 months since it was released.

Just how long did you expect raiders to bring their alts to this when there wasn't enough online for a real alt run?

Anyone who knows how to play has no need for LFR now. Now you have to see what we saw for the first few weeks when the trinkets, weapons and bonuses were better than pretty much all T12H items.

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    This. It sounds like you've been running LFR way too long as it is, and you're expecting some mains to be in there boosting you?
    Like you need people boosting you... And wiping every boss in LFR? Maybe it's time to quit playing if that's true, I would quit out of frustration. Seems like good times in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraUgly View Post

Your last part is soooo true. We're really only doing madness and spine on normal now in my main group, but the last alt run I was able to go to, it just felt like I was sleepwalking through it...

And I gotta agree with the fact that there's been way more wipes. My druid still needs trinkets, so I'm still running LFR every week, and I swear, if I slack even the slightest bit on healing, it all goes to hell. I used to be able to just not be like lazy, but I didn't have to work anywhere near as hard as I do in heroics. Soooo not the case anymore...

But yeah, it's just the people who carried every one else aren't doing anymore. I'm guessing it'll fix itself, though. People who don't know what they're doing will either learn the mechanics eventually, or just get too frustrated and stop going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intimidate View Post
    Anyone else experiencing this or is it just bad luck the poor players i am being grouped with?
    I predicted this for exactly those reasons from the start. An look I was right.

Also the better once you don't stand a chance for loot. I've now several times been in LFR where there is 2 or three groups from the same guild and for the same token where they are just there to gear someone up. All need on the token and trade it to the character being geared. In effect you are rolling against several people that don;t even need it for the gear.

I can't wait for the MoP loot system, when dickheads can no longer ruin my mood. Anyway, since our alts are now quite capable of killing at least some heroic mode bosses, I'll just go get my gear in alt of alt normal runs

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Ultra to deathwing on my shammy took 152 players to kill 3 bosses. Nfi why i stayed to end up with no loot

I realy wish they would nerf it more just for the fact that people will not waste my time by being that bad you can't even do lfr.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is what is wrong w/ the game, nerfs used to come out when shit was irrelevant now they fancy feast them out when the majority of downsyndromed slowpoke players bitch. WoW has 0 community blizz trivializes everything to points of does it even matter.

Example(exhibit A) Vanilla TBC and Tier 1 Wotlk , crafted items were huge and not only for the tier in some cases, now 397 crafteds a replaced by 410-416 gear that is identical in everything but stats and color to the non heroic version. This alone is a huge flaw it buckles the economy and makes professions only the new wotlk+ self buffs, where as previously it could have been a bis item or a huge money maker to have rare patterns.

Example(Exhibit B) Now LFD is a great tool to minimize downtime and optimize collection of items and currency which is good in every aspect oh except the community killing it does, everyone bitchs about pugging in trade like we used to but atleast the servers had community's I never waited 10-30minutes as a dps looking for a dungeon in the old days maybe 5 looking for a tank or healer.

Pre damn near 3.0 nerf to illidan people were actually semi unique a lot more gear was added etc during Ulduar hardmodes which were arguably the best possible setup for adding another layer of difficulty crafteds were BIS in some clots now they are never at the same time you got your 10 or 25m tier as it is not possible to balance 10m's to be Harder than 25m it is not possible no matter what 10m fanboys think coordinating 25 people alone will always make 25m harder, here nor there for this discussion but in the ulduar model each boss had an item or a few that were higher ilvl and NOT REPLICANTS OF CURRENT GEAR(well atleast not in name sake model reuse's are inevitable) which should be the 100% golden standard this would have prevent the huge stat inflations atleast a little bit and it would change value of crafted items and such. As of now each raid has fewer bosses and even fewer loot items as blizzard's imagination is being sucked dry by the myriad of moronic cry's about everything being too hard broken or w/e the hell they come up with. 7 yrs of wow only reason a lot of us still play that have been around forever is we put to much time in to quit before the Blackscreen w/ huge white letters
    "GAME OVER". WoW on a visual and mechanical level have grown so much but the call of duty make it easy for the noobs movement has not only killed FPS games but the whole scenario is leaking into other genres.

Do you remember when video games were hard? When Legendary, Insane, and Hardcore difficulty levels actually meant something? I do and thats the point of any game from puzzle to boardgame to video game, it is supposed to be difficult and brain power consuming, never should a game take less brain power than taking a dump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    - Tanks not using the button for fading light on ultrax
    - Tanks not picking up adds/the boss on blackhorn
    - 6 healers getting shockwaved on blackhorn
    - too few people standing in pink swirly on blackhorn
    - barrel rolls on spine
    - people killing all corruptions on spine
    - tanks not picking up amalgamations on spine
    - people standing in nuclear blast on spine
    - did i mention barrel rolls?
    - too low dps on madness
    - people falling in water on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - tanks not tauntswapping on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - people not switching single target on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - tanks instagibbing on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - no dps on bolt/adds in last phase

I think you said "too low dps on madness" multiple times. It could be me though.

OT: You're unlucky. I haven't wiped at all lately.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You can wipe in LFR?

Please explain how, it sounds fun...
    Being 7th on dps as a tank, only 2 of 6 healers healing and wiping because dps is too low is hilarious. Also people not entering portals, not using the dmg reduce for shrapnel, killing amalgations before the yhave enough bloods, failing to kill those repair tendons (their hp doesn't even reset if you fail), do I have to go on? :P

OT: As you can see I've been experiencing the same thing, I don't even bother with it anymore since in the 20+ runs (main and alts) I only won like 4 items, one of them was the dodge trinket and another the agi throwing... yeah fuck my luck. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god I hear ya on that. I did LFR on my hunter for funsies, and it was only short of a miracle that we killed Madness. The DPS tunneled Deathwing while me, my boyfriend, and the two tanks were on the Terrors.

These days it's really people's mains that don't raid so they have either LFR gear or that 378 gear from Heroics, or people's alts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of weeks ago on LFR my group wiped on Spine because the raid was not full when somebody pulled. Not that bad, to be honest.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

My biggest complaint is not the awful performance of the raid, but the jerk-moves people seem to enjoy doing more and more. Things like pulling the boss before people are ready, over and over and over again, players purposely killing themselves on Madness so they can AFK then collect loot, and of course the stay-alive AFKers that suddenly become AFK the moment the fight starts. Another interesting example is, last week we had a hunter in the group and when we started Hagara, he put himself in Aspect of the Pack. People repeatedly asked him (very nicely, I may add) to take it off that aspect, but he refused. Finally, he said "Lulz you guyz need 2 b punished God told me 2 lulz lulz lulz". So we did the fight in slow motion the entire way. Fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    - Tanks not using the button for fading light on ultrax
    - Tanks not picking up adds/the boss on blackhorn
    - 6 healers getting shockwaved on blackhorn
    - too few people standing in pink swirly on blackhorn
    - barrel rolls on spine
    - people killing all corruptions on spine
    - tanks not picking up amalgamations on spine
    - people standing in nuclear blast on spine
    - did i mention barrel rolls?
    - too low dps on madness
    - people falling in water on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - tanks not tauntswapping on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - people not switching single target on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - tanks instagibbing on madness
    - too low dps on madness
    - no dps on bolt/adds in last phase

I remember barrel rolls happening on the first day the second half was out. :P

I have noticed similar. There are still a few well geared players that are trying to get that last piece of gear for themselves. But I wiped multiple times on three different runs this week. I had a tank get mad at the raid when he didn't know to he had to click the extrabutton on Ultrax and dps complain they didn't know to kill the slimes or what "PURPLE" meant.

O well. Keep doing it if you need, otherwise stop doing it and wait till next expansion.

I had a terrible run last night. Tanks dying in Ultraxion multiple times even after the fight was explained and re explained to then multiple amalgs out at once on spine. After 6 wipes I was done. Made no progress whatsoever on spine. The 1 time they managed to get the plate up,the dps didn't even burn the tentacle to 50%.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree LFR has been really bad. Also players just bash others left and right. It has been very bad lately. I have watched very well geared players just not do the strat and make it simple for everyone. Example: target blistering tentacles nah not for a highly geared player that has done heroic modes they can do what they want.

I also noticed that so many players go AFK during trash I mean really how hard is it to run the trash. I am not talking running to empty the bladder afk I am talking about from 1st trash pull until last trash pull then all of a sudden you see the player running to group up.
    Zift

15+ Year Old Account
    I still lfr queue, as heals for fall of deathwing (expecting to go straight to madness for fast valor), and yeah it's frustrating sometimes how bad the dps can be. And I don't really understand how a tank dies to impale ever. I'm not sure how much gear it takes to be able to take the first impale without a major cooldown, but it can't be much. Tanks should know by now to save shieldwall/survival instincts/GoAK/IBF for those times when your dps is bad and your offtank is clueless.

Also, it makes me laugh when ultraxion is difficult. Well, laugh and then drop group.