Poll: Which game?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklinn View Post
    If it is only $60 and no other cash for subscriptions, GW2 is a sure bet. However, I have been led to believe that the game is not as diverse as WoW (has a more focused game style).. and while this might be a plus for you, you might also run out of things to do faster.
    As much as people whine and complain over every little tiny thing (the vendor price went from 63g to 61g oh noooooo), Blizzard has been putting out a first class game for years, and have recognized problems in Cata and are working to fix them in MoP, so its a stable investment. As amazing as Guild Wars was, however, there's always that possibility that GW2 might falter...
    Well put, that's exactly as I said but you did it in more detail. WoW is still a great game. I agree. Just for some people it's gotten old and the refreshing aspects of GW2 make that my choice. But you are right though, it is a stable investment if you're not sure about GW2, Terra, SWTOR, or any other MMO out there.
    Last edited by wtfPanzerkin; 2012-04-16 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is looking really cool so it's an obvious choice for me.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

GW2, I really need to play something new. And being sub free really helps

My posts are being wierd, they keep repeating for some reason every time I go to make a new post. Either way, tot he dude trying to flamebait me, you're not understanding the post very well. Everyone else seems to understand that opinions are opinions and we're all open to them here. So please, if you're going to flame or troll or whatever, I'll get a moderator involved. To everyone else, if my post to yours didn't go through or was deleted, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfPanzerkin View Post
    I didn't realize openly stating that this was just my opinion and that I would love if someone said otherwise was me only supporting 1 game.
    I didn't say it was. I meant to imply it certainly wasn't the neutral stance you're claiming it was.
    But hey I'm not going to feed you or let you bash my thread. If a moderator could handle this I would be thankful otherwise I'll just ignore it's all good. Like I said I don't want this thread to be labeled as some "my game > your game" thread. Opinions are just that, opinions and I'm always open to other people's views.
    What you've made here is a rather blatant game vs game thread. Those are always fanboy vs fanboy ordeals, whether it's right from the start or an eventual development.

Also adding the limiter of "if you have 60$" is a rather odd choice, especially since you limited the selection to MMOs. So not only do you have the usual crowd of people who will talk about GW2 in any and every topic, but you also have the ecnonomical high ground! Woooo!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I didn't say it was. I meant to imply it certainly wasn't the neutral stance you're claiming it was.

What you've made here is a rather blatant game vs game thread. Those are always fanboy vs fanboy ordeals, whether it's right from the start or an eventual development.

Also adding the limiter of "if you have 60$" is a rather odd choice, especially since you limited the selection to MMOs. So not only do you have the usual crowd of people who will talk about GW2 in any and every topic, but you also have the ecnonomical high ground! Woooo!
    Again, you didn't read the post, or more specifically, the edit. So please, just stop. And I'm not sure how much more neutral I can be with still giving my opinion on the matter. Which, as I said, are opinions. And so far, it hasn't turned into a fanboy vs fanboy thread as you said it would, outside of you trying to start something which is why I'd love if a moderator stepped in. And if you're not trying to start something, you're doing a bad job at showing it.

Other: SWTOR. My opinion of course, but mop looks terrible and GW2 looks pretty meh. Don't know anything about Terra and at this point don't really care to because I am loving SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 100%

No subscription fee says hello

GW2, have seen lots of videos of game play and stuff and OMG cant wait for it

Quote Originally Posted by nertharul View Post
    GW2, have seen lots of videos of game play and stuff and OMG cant wait for it
    Anything specific you're looking (or not) forward to?

If I only had $60 I wouldn't spend it on a video game. I'd be more focused on getting my financial situation in order and thinking about perhaps getting a job.

Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    If I only had $60 I wouldn't spend it on a video game. I'd be more focused on getting my financial situation in order and thinking about perhaps getting a job.
    I don't think you understood haha. You have $60 that you saved up for a big purchase and you want to buy a video game.

Guild Wars 2 looks awesome but i don't know how they will keep a good quality content without subscriptions

Buy a beta key for dota 2 and you'll never need another game

mop - nothing of gw2 convinces me that it will be something I play longer than gw1. On mop I at least will play for the first raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Guild Wars 2 looks awesome but i don't know how they will keep a good quality content without subscriptions
    F2P with microtransaction games have shown they make more money per customer ratio than sub fees. Blizzard makes WAY more via microtransactions than they do subs. It's a common line of thinking that F2P = bad, but a lot of good games are F2P with microtransactions and like I said, they tend to make more per person ratio than a straight sub fee game.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    mop - nothing of gw2 convinces me that it will be something I play longer than gw1. On mop I at least will play for the first raid tier.
    Why is that? Do they just not seem appealing to you in regards to gameplay? Story? Ect

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um, Seriously? $60US for Mists of Pandaria? Surely you're joking? It's not even a full game. Still don't understand how people continue to pay for something they subscribe too. Ah, well, who can blame blizzard if there's a sucker born every minute to keep paying? Heck, if I could get away with ripping people off, I'd do it too.
    My blog & rants: www.wocky.me

Quote Originally Posted by Melpo View Post
    Um, Seriously? $60US for Mists of Pandaria? Surely you're joking? It's not even a full game. Still don't understand how people continue to pay for something they subscribe too. Ah, well, who can blame blizzard if there's a sucker born every minute to keep paying? Heck, if I could get away with ripping people off, I'd do it too.
    No need to go and flame a company for their choices. And I don't think MOP will be $60, probably only $40 but it was easier to round up to the $60 because of Terra and GW2 (and SWTOR by the looks of it).

Quote Originally Posted by wtfPanzerkin View Post
    I don't think you understood haha. You have $60 that you saved up for a big purchase and you want to buy a video game.
    I understand 100%.
    Yeah...

This thread totally makes sense and isn't a blatant game versus game thread...............unless you're actually a child who's just been told by their parents they have $60 limit for their upcoming birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    I understand 100%.
    Yeah...

This thread totally makes sense and isn't a blatant game versus game thread...............unless you're actually a child who's just been told by their parents they have $60 limit for their upcoming birthday present.
    Or if you're an adult who has a family to provide for, pays their own bills, ect. It's a valid question and there's no need for the obvious sarcasm. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's wrong or bad.