Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Speculation: New League of Legends "Supremacy" game mode

Apparently RIOT went out and registered some trademarks recently, which could hint at something new approaching League of Legends in the future.

http://fusible.com/2012/04/supremacy...is-on-its-way/

A quote from the article reads:

Quote Originally Posted by J.B.
    Back in late February, another domain blog Rogue Domaining had noted that leagueoflegendssupremacy.com and .net had been privately registered by the internet brand protection company MarkMonitor.

(...) Riot Games is a client of MarkMonitor, a firm that over half the fortune 100 rely on for brand protection online. While the key is to be discreet when registering names for yet-to-be-released games, months ahead of its Dominion game mode release, MarkMonitor registered names like leagueoflegendsdominion.com

Riot Games has apparently acquired the generic domain names "Supremacy.com" and "Supremacy.net", which you can most certainly assume did not go for cheap, dropping hints that League of Legends: Supremacy is definitely on its way. You don’t spend the kind of money it takes to buy generic names like these for defensive purposes, unless you have a plan.
    Nothing is official yet, but this could sound like a new game mode, and not just a new map, as it requires a new domain name. Maybe, as suggested by some people over at reddit, it could be a wave-defense game, where you and your team work together to stop increasingly stronger minions from reaching your nexus, seen in other games.

Other people also speculate that it could be the name of their upcoming season 2 championship. Personally, I am hoping for the new game-mode.

So, hit it with your speculations, opinions, expectations, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-04-17 at 02:31 PM.

Did they get domains for the Dominion before? (If so, then it might be new game mode and new map)
    My speculation...
    Hack'n'Slash with LoL champions? Since Diablo III for sure will pump up some people for these types of games
    Different version of LoL? Huge revamp? Expansion pack? Something new... a lot of things can be added.
    Plenty of guesses (not sure if that is even a word) but no answers yet

Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Did they get domains for the Dominion before? (If so, then it might be new game mode and new map)
    They did.

Maybe something a like an all out deathmatch kind of thing
    Capture the flag might work as well.

Deleted
    Capture the flag? Please?

Everyone start with a bazilion gold and buy whatever items they need then you go out and play capture the flag.

My assumption is a one lane king of the hill, or a team deathmatch.

Free for all deathmatch would be awesome imo

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Free for all deathmatch would be awesome imo
    Yea, and you thought people complained about someone staying back then KSing before. Oh boy. Would be interesting, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Yea, and you thought people complained about someone staying back then KSing before. Oh boy. Would be interesting, though.
    if they ks you, you can easily just get revenge though =D

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for another mode to play on!

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    and riot makes balanced things right? XD

Deleted
    I'd love to have a Deathmatch type gamemode.

Deleted
    Am I the only one wondering when they're going to dish out all those different maps out? I mean, when you're creating a game, you can choose between the two (5v5/3v3), but on the portraited map it shows room for another 4-5 maps 'least.

Though I do hope we get a new mode soon )

they could have a deathmatch type mode where your nexus has a certain amount of respawns and if you run out of respawns your nexus dies, and they could have a minion waves and a jungle with new buffss

10+ Year Old Account
    Be cool if they made it into a really huge battlfield with the objective is to kill the enemy NPC who is a leader but who knows.
    Hey everyone

Interesting.
    I wouldn't say is a new game mode. Apparently, Dominion didn't took off as well as they expected. I'm only speculating here, but tournaments are still Summoner's Rift only, which is a downer. I was so hoping for Dominion tournaments too, and that's the whole deal for me. And maybe for Riot.

Take Quake 3 (or Live if you like) for example.
    All of their game modes are played on a tournament level, except for the silly ones. Can't think of one in Quake 3 though. Quake 2 had some fun and silly ones like killing whoever has the halo
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see what this will be, I have no ideas atm.

Deleted
    Oh cool! I just hope they are similar to the Hero Line Wars mod in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Interesting.
    I wouldn't say is a new game mode. Apparently, Dominion didn't took off as well as they expected. I'm only speculating here, but tournaments are still Summoner's Rift only, which is a downer. I was so hoping for Dominion tournaments too, and that's the whole deal for me. And maybe for Riot.
    They balance the game around summoners rift so dont expect the other game modes to go into Tournaments.

Deleted
    I just hope they manage to balance it well, if it is a new game mode. Dominion is hardly balanced, so expecting the next game mode to be balanced is a far fetch really. But one can hope ^^

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    They balance the game around summoners rift so dont expect the other game modes to go into Tournaments.
    As Frodo said, one can hope ^^
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.