Deleted

Help an Ele Shammy

Hello,
    I'm attending a heroic DS later on today, problem is its on my Trade Raider shaman.
    Just wondering if someone can give me a once over to make sure everything is kosher.

I'm fine rotation-wise but unsure about my current haste and mastery percentage's.
    Any info is greatly appreciated, TY and good night

3.am...forgot armory link
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amalian/simple
    Last edited by mmoc57ebc36a89; 2012-04-19 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Yawn!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste and Mastery would involve simming to figure out. There's a full description in the FAQ if you want to run the math yourself. With the 4-piece and no DTR, they're probably pretty close to even though, so we're talking really minor optimizations.

That said, you've got a point in Convection and no point in EQ. If your ilvl is higher than 333-346, Convection is basically irrelevant and worthless. You've also got the Lightning Bolt glyph; Lava Burst is better, because it affects LvB overloads where Glyph of LB does NOT affect LB overloads. Also, if anyone else in your raid can provide the resist aura, you should drop Glyph of HST for Glyph of Stoneclaw. It's not a lot of defense, but the damage mitigation can come in handy.

Deleted
    Aha sorry, I have seen the FAQ a few times, never noticed the 4.3 update

But ty for the talent and glyph help, keep up being awesome ^^

You have .74 of a mastery point. Get as close to .00 as possible by reforging to it or away from it.

The gem in your ring should be pure int. only gem 20/20 if their is a 20 int bonus. the gem in your lens should gem int

if you haven't macro in your trinket into elemental overload. This will max your dps as elemental overload has an effective CD of around 1.5m

DEPENDING ON THE FIGHT Taking points out of enh and going for totemic focus with the glyph of fire elemental will increase your dps. (Maddness, Warmaster, if your groups dps is low Ultrax). This is also helpful for progression raiding due to the lower CD on wipes.
    Last edited by Checksmix; 2012-04-19 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    You have .74 of a mastery point. Get as close to .00 as possible by reforging to it or away from it.
    Pretty sure that doesn't matter, it''s just the tooltip that isn't updated until .00 as far as i know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    This isn't true. Mastery provides partial points, even if the character panel doesn't display them.

The gem in your ring should be pure int. only gem 20/20 if their is a 20 int bonus. the gem in your lens should gem int
    Again, not true. It depends on what the value of Mastery is, versus Intellect. I ran the numbers (and since I bothered, MrPrnfold, Mastery > Haste for you right now), and looking at normalized numbers where Intellect is 1.0, Mastery is 0.5019. That's above 50%, so +20 Mastery has more value than +10 Intellect.

Welcome to Elemental gearing. There are no simple rules. Sim it, always.