View Poll Results: Does he deserve all the weeks for cheating on the test?

Voters
454. This poll is closed
  • He Deserves it!! He Cheated!

381 83.92%
  • He does totally not deserve it!

73 16.08%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oliphant View Post
    I'm a school teacher in China and everyday before school starts at 7am and everyday after school at 4:30pm the kids all clean the school, I mean clean everything from the floor to the railings to the chalkboards the classrooms the teachers office and even the toilets (and I'm telling you now the toilets are pretty rank) and these kids are ages between 6 years old and 11 years old and they do this every day. So 6 weeks of (I assume) putting chairs on tables and sweeping the floor seems like a pretty good deal as well as getting to re-take the test. At least he got an A
    Thank you for this. Countries like China and Japan do this, along with longer school days and their children are far more disciplined/respectful.

I shudder for America's future with our current crop of aspiring brain surgeons that draw pictures of penises on desks and think it's witty.

He did cheat... a weeks punishments is light hearted I think, he needs to learn, you cheat in college, you are out of college and wasted your money

Actually when I was growing up we often would clean the classroom as a class. We would all have assigned tasks at the end of the day before we left. It wasn't until high school that they stopped making us clean. Only some aspiring students in high school would volunteer to clean...the ones that would sit and talk with teachers about god knows what. Probably just brown nosing.

How did your friend cheat? I'd be pretty pissed if I had to clean a classroom for 6 weeks every day but if he was caught cheating then there isn't much else to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Kids don't get enough discipline as it is. He cheated. Let this be a lesson.
    Putin khuliyo

Well he got caught cheating so he deserved it. 6 weeks seems like overkill for cheating on a test imo.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Good. Kids don't get enough discipline as it is. He cheated. Let this be a lesson.
    what lesson is that? don't get caught cheating? do what others tell you no matter what?

the 'best' humans out there are cheaters. they have the wives with the biggest tits, the most money, the biggest vacation homes and the most fun

cheating is the only way to get ahead. there isn't much you can do for a life lesson. i tell my kids that cheating is always frowned upon when you're caught, but everyone does it. if you want something bad enough, you better be willing to cheat to get it. playing fair when nobody else is = fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Well he got caught cheating so he deserved it. 6 weeks seems like overkill for cheating on a test imo.
    Nah, it'll drive the point home (hopefully) before he gets into college, cheats, and then gets kicked out $30,000 poorer.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    what lesson is that? don't get caught cheating? do what others tell you no matter what?

the 'best' humans out there are cheaters. they have the wives with the biggest tits, the most money, the biggest vacation homes and the most fun

cheating is the only way to get ahead. there isn't much you can do for a life lesson. i tell my kids that cheating is always frowned upon when you're caught, but everyone does it. if you want something bad enough, you better be willing to cheat to get it. playing fair when nobody else is = fail
    You're right. We should be immoral people in a dog-eat-dog world and never strive to be better people.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Beats what happens if you cheat in college here we have to sign a "honesty" agreement before each test stating we will not cheat or it's straight up expulsion from the University. Seeing I pay almost $11,000 a semester (including housing and all) it's not worth it.

I voted he deserved it, though I have to say staying an hour or two after class every day for 6 weeks is a little crazy.

Yea you should get some punishment for cheating, and I believe a lot more severely than 99% of the softies these days, but 6 weeks every day for 1-2 hours is pretty rough for a kid that age when going home after school and having fun is a big deal.

Maybe for 2 weeks or something imo.

Nah, it'll drive the point home (hopefully) before he gets into college, cheats, and then gets kicked out $30,000 poorer.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 12:08 PM ----------

You're right. We should be immoral people in a dog-eat-dog world and never strive to be better people.

Depends on what you want to achieve.
    Generally the most successful people are quite immoral as they've got the balls to risk,lie and deceive to achieve what they want to achieve, although having their own sort of code they follow.
    Cheaters are either smart or lazy, smart ones achieving a lot, and lazy ones, well, failing, getting caught and whining about life being hard.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This attitude is exactly what is wrong with our societies in the world. Teaching children immoral behavior because basically 'everybody else is doing it' might be the laziest form of parenting possible, short of straight abandoning the child. We need more parents that do everything they can to drive into children's mentality that doing the moral 'right' thing and always helping others is the way to be, regardless of the scum bag across the street that drives a lambo b/c he cheated others. Life isn't about how big your bank account it, and it sickens me every time that attitude is showcased in front of me.
    Once again it comes down to what you want.Personally I am motivated by money and i am prepared to cheat, lie, make it harder for other people if that helps me get to where i want to get. And i find that it's not being evil or anything, just being the wittiest and the smartest one, being able to use everything at your disposal.

This attitude is exactly what is wrong with our societies in the world. Teaching children immoral behavior because basically 'everybody else is doing it' might be the laziest form of parenting possible, short of straight abandoning the child. We need more parents that do everything they can to drive into children's mentality that doing the moral 'right' thing and always helping others is the way to be, regardless of the scum bag across the street that drives a lambo b/c he cheated others. Life isn't about how big your bank account it, and it sickens me every time that attitude is showcased in front of me.
    Might work for you, but I'd rather be the scumbag in the Lambo. Apparently, so do ~75% of college students that admit to cheating (http://education-portal.com/articles...e_Cheated.html, http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_facts.html, tons of others). Teaching the moral high ground is your prerogative, but don't expect to get ahead! Lesson here is don't get caught...

Interesting. Here if you get caught cheating, you flunk the course. So compared to that I'd say he got off pretty light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Once again it comes down to what you want.Personally I am motivated by money and i am prepared to cheat, lie, make it harder for other people if that helps me get to where i want to get. And i find that it's not being evil or anything, just being the wittiest and the smartest one, being able to use everything at your disposal.
    Good to know that you're in favor of sabotage for the sake of profit.

I would've beat his ass like it was 1950.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just further proving how far humanity has fallen, when everybody is willing to sell integrity at the first chance of profit and hurting other in order to gain something for themselves. You live with the choices you make, but to sit there and try to justify them as being 'witty' and 'clever' is mere denial, which shows that you yourself aren't exactly happy with the label you have cast on yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some high-moral going ass hat who sits on his high pedestal looking down on others, and I have done more than enough things in life that I regret, but I do everything I can now in life to be able to look myself in the mirror at the end of the day and be proud of my decisions that I made. Like I said earlier, life is NOT about how big your bank account is and that shouldn't be everybody's single goal in life.

EDIT: First part of my post here came across as a little snotty, unintentional I assure you.
    I think the worst part about it is that they feel no shame. I cheated once in high school on a spanish test, I felt like shit afterwards and haven't done it again in any form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Just further proving how far humanity has fallen, when everybody is willing to sell integrity at the first chance of profit and hurting other in order to gain something for themselves. You live with the choices you make, but to sit there and try to justify them as being 'witty' and 'clever' is mere denial, which shows that you yourself aren't exactly happy with the label you have cast on yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some high-moral going ass hat who sits on his high pedestal looking down on others, and I have done more than enough things in life that I regret, but I do everything I can now in life to be able to look myself in the mirror at the end of the day and be proud of my decisions that I made. Like I said earlier, life is NOT about how big your bank account is and that shouldn't be everybody's single goal in life.

EDIT: First part of my post here came across as a little snotty, unintentional I assure you.
    I agree, profit shouldn't be the single goal in life. I value power,fame and reputation as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    I agree, profit shouldn't be the single goal in life. I value power,fame and reputation as well.
    That's kinda sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Well I'm not an expert in the swedish school system, but are you allowed to sit detention?
    Anecdotal evidence suggests that detention does jack diddly. I'm sure there's been studies done, but I was in detention ALL the time, it never seemed to phase me. Class was as boring, if not more so sometimes, than detention. I would be willing to bet that there was little to no benefit from it other than getting me out of class.