Poll: How old were you when your favorite video game of all time released?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Was 18 when first time played Morrowind, Gothic and Arcanum, they're still my favourites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    You guys are really fucking up my hypothesis
    Hi,

Welcome to the Internet, you must be new here!

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, i was 9

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably have to say Mass Effect 1, I played it at the age of 17. *2 years ago*.

My favourite FF would be FF12, and yes, I was 14-15 when I played it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the age of the industry, and the amount of free time available at that age, duh, yeah...
    dictated but not read.

You know, I've been a gamer since I was 5. Which means I've been gaming for 30+ years. I've played so many different games that it's hard to tell which one was really my favorite.

Now if you said most memorable... that's a much easier question to answer. My most memorable game was Phantasy Star 2 on the Sega Genesis. I bought it on my birthday, which is in June, in 1990, when I was 14, and finished exactly one month later, to the day. I LOVED that game. To this day I have yet to see an RPG that could match the story and intensity. Well, for a 14 year old at that time anyway.

But is it my favorite game? No, not really. I've played it a few times since, but haven't touched it in probably 10+ years.

What would I currently consider my favorite? Probably either Doom or Quake. Not sure which. Even though I haven't played either of those in years either... Hmm... favorite game... favorite game...

Sorry, can't really say. I don't really have one. Over time my tastes have changed too much to really nail down a specific genre, let alone a specific game.

10+ Year Old Account
    my favourite final fantasy is 6, released when i was 8 years old, my favourite game of all time, zelda, ocarina of time, released when i was 12 (and my second favourite game) banjo kazooie, also released when i was 12

Deleted
    HL1 with all it's mods, so let's say that was between the ages of 14-16. I don't believe it's agebound in my case, the engine was just so phenomenal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fickle they change. Though i guess if pressed BoFIII/IV and Star Ocean 3. And other than SO your guess would be right for ages.

Ace Combat 5 came out in 2004, so 16.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    Judging by the age of the industry, and the amount of free time available at that age, duh, yeah...
    Need more samples.

Thank you,

11-15. GoldenEye, WCW/nWo Revenge, various sports games, Mario Kart.

1999 , 21 years old, Everquest.
    hands down.
    and I played just about everything since Kings Quest in 1984(I was 6, and I may not have played it in 85 (would have been 7) cant remember), yes Sierra games were great too.
    if you did not play EQ you missed out.
    Last edited by gopher; 2012-05-16 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    seiken densetsu 3, i was 14-15 when i played it.
    i've already said this: that game forged me.

btw FF9 for me.
    Last edited by shimargh; 2012-05-16 at 07:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Deleted
    My favourite game is Final Fantasy XII, which came out when I was seventeen.

Just an update. Thank you for the replies and votes. My final paper for my Psych class got an A because of you all! Much appreciation.

cs1.0 when i was 11

Deleted
    Hmm, theres a few.

M.U.L.E - 1983 - Was 2 (didn't play it till later though )
    Super Mario Bros 1985 - Was 4
    Metal Gear - 1987 - Was 6
    Dune 1992 - Was 11
    Warcraft: Orcs & Humans 1984 - Was 13
    Tekken 1994 - Was 13
    Chrono Trigger 1995 - Was 14
    Grand Theft auto 1997 - Was 16
    Final fantasy 7, 1997 - was 16
    Starcraft 1998 - Was 17
    Quake 3 1999 - Was 18, played that sooooo much online, prolly competes with wow in hours i spent on it.
    Everquest 1999 - Was 18
    WoW 2004 - Was 23

Now i noticed pretty much all my favourite games are before 2000 (prolly forgot to mention quite a few too), nostalgia ftw

Portal 2.

Last year i was 25.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

AC2...or brotherhood. anyways i think i was 16?